Gemini Engine Conversion  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
turbogemi
Post #36

QUOTE(sidewayz @ Sep 7 2004, 10:07 PM)
how easy is the 2.6n/a rodeo engine conversion NISMOGEMINI? what mods are involved?

cheers!
[right][snapback]4686199[/snapback][/right]

Not the easiest conversion but certainly not the hardest...

if you wish to drop the engine in, use 5mm spaced plates on the engine mounts and switch them around (right to left, left to right) then, you will need a 4zc1 sump (or a custom one) also need a 4zc1 or 4zd1 flywheel (this way you retain the standard gemini gearbox) you will need a tailshaft remade to suit the extra few cm in there as the 4z motors mount forward a little bit. (best to get an auto tailshaft shortened, cheaper than a manual one lengthened)

once thats in, you've done a fair bit, you'll need a thermo fan to cool the radiator and you'll need an ECU and wiring loom for the injection gear, will need to get some custom extractors made (and you'll be wanting a little bigger exhaust too)

once all that is done, it should be running, you'll then need to upgrade your brakes (discs on the rear and at least vented fronts, piazza brakes are a good front upgrade not to expensive and commodore are a good rear upgrade)

mod plate and your all set.

one fully sick skid mobile, was gonna go this option in my gemini a while back, but didn't end up having the time and space.

if your after a 4ze1 block I have a mate who has one, with injection gear and sump already modified an is only chasing $600 for it. pm me if your interested.

Gene, Ron? anything I missed?

16OTU
Post #37

The only thing I can think of is a EFI pump or surge tank using the standard intake pump as a lift pump with an efi pump from the surge tank to the engine. Maybe a fuel reg but that's not nessary.
Ron

seanevans197
Post #38

QUOTE (NISMOgemini @ Sep 7 2004, 09:13 AM) *
dont dribble shit

V6 - illegal
V6 supercharged- illegal
2.6 turbo from rodeo, - illegal
13bt - illegal
rolleyes.gif dry.gif

u can go up to 2.35L turbo or 2.85 n/a

so u can use the 4age(s/c or turboed), sr20de/det, ca18de/det, turbo the stock engines (this is the cheapest), fj20de/det, 13b n/a 12an/a or turbo, or 1gget and rb20det (if you have alot of money to fabricate 1/2 the fire wall to fit them in (ive seen it done))

the list goes on..

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x