Fg Front Bar On Ba Falcon - your thoughts?  

damo05
  • damo05
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 67,986
Post #1 post 7th August 2009 - 08:08 AM
Ignore the fact that it hasn't been painted. Whats everyones thoughts on this FG front bar for BA/BF Falcon. I'm still undecided. It's different and you dont see it around.

--------------------
05' BA XR6
Mr.B
Post #2

Remove the curves across near the outer edges of the centre intake and it would be pretty good.

Couger899
Post #3

nice job...looks awesome

damo05
Post #4

Heres what it looks like finished

02GZM
Post #5

Not a fan of the 2 different colours. Looks very out of place

aufalcon140
Post #6

Not a fan mate, leave it to the commo clan to put new model kits on older model cars. IMO i'd just put a b series fpv front bar on it would look alot better.

Drift Demon
Post #7

love it mate ignore the haters its different and HOT

Micko
Post #8

Ehhhhhhhhh undecided.
IMO B series Falcons are the best looking Falcon ever, why fuck with that?

45SET
Post #9

QUOTE (aufalcon140 @ Aug 7 2009, 09:17 AM) *
Not a fan mate, leave it to the commo clan to put new model kits on older model cars. IMO i'd just put a b series fpv front bar on it would look alot better.

This

tom_willie
Post #10

Looks pretty sweet, think an f6 ba bf front bar would look just as good and be easier.

2000luxxyy
Post #11

something a bit different is always good to see, and with an xr8 bonnet it would look awesome. not a huge fan of the different colours but maybe match them with some gt stripes ??

Kane_O
Post #12

QUOTE (aufalcon140 @ Aug 7 2009, 09:17 AM) *

jeez that looks familiar... oh wait!

QUOTE (Kane_O @ Aug 7 2009, 12:06 AM) *
no offence, but that kit looks terrible....

leave to the commodore brigade to put late model kits on earlier models...

TUF120
Post #13

It's different but leave it to the Commodore clan to put new model kits on older model cars. If you want to be different try fitting a front steel bar from a XY Falcon, now thats hot.

BoGaNTaxI
Post #14

It looks a bit weird. I am suprised an FG bar even fits a BA as the front end appears completely different

tojo_runner
Post #15

If you want a FG, go buy one, If you want a BA FPV, go buy one. IMO people should not buy one car then change the kit to make it look like somthing it isnt. If you want it something you dont have, sell up and go buy the real thing

S-pack_Attack
Post #16

Yuck

DK777
Post #17

QUOTE (2000luxxyy @ Aug 7 2009, 11:30 AM) *
something a bit different is always good to see, and with an xr8 bonnet it would look awesome. not a huge fan of the different colours but maybe match them with some gt stripes ??

yea mayb the fg buldge will match the 'curvyness' of the bar and sum matchin decals... guessing thats a custom made fg bar to suit a ba/bf (not gen fg) tongue.gif

though id still go bf fpv gtp or f6 bar...

yungguns
Post #18

we cant all afford an fpv or are legally allowed to drive one ............

dude it looks good ditch the two colours but

FIDDY
Post #19

i was about to say that it would be gay, but it doesnt look to bad.

the_random_hero
Post #20

QUOTE (tojo_runner @ Aug 7 2009, 01:51 PM) *
If you want a FG, go buy one, If you want a BA FPV, go buy one. IMO people should not buy one car then change the kit to make it look like somthing it isnt. If you want it something you dont have, sell up and go buy the real thing

It's not about making it something it isn't - it's about improving on what you have. Sure, the wankers that put full Clubsport kits in their Commodores or Evo kits on Lancers are retards, but something like this is quite individual (so far) and actually looks pretty damn good (apart from mismatched colours, as already mentioned).

aufalcon140
Post #21

QUOTE (Kane_O @ Aug 7 2009, 12:00 PM) *
jeez that looks familiar... oh wait!

want a tissue ?

wilba
Post #22

yea just leave it cause i laugh at all the commoz that have kits that arnt for the car

Manic 180
Post #23

QUOTE (TUF120 @ Aug 7 2009, 12:37 PM) *
It's different but leave it to the Commodore clan to put new model kits on older model cars. If you want to be different try fitting a front steel bar from a XY Falcon, now thats hot.

biggrin.gif

GTRwilson
Post #24

yeah the commodores ...... ahh wait whats the bandwagon again guys?

seriously, not a good look.

skitz
Post #25

dont like it sorry mate, it makes the car look a bit bulky in the front end, and as said, your following the commonwhore brigade.

Like they say each to there own

luke8t6
Post #26

QUOTE (DK777 @ Aug 7 2009, 01:55 PM) *
yea mayb the fg buldge will match the 'curvyness' of the bar and sum matchin decals... guessing thats a custom made fg bar to suit a ba/bf (not gen fg) tongue.gif

though id still go bf fpv gtp or f6 bar...

Yea its a fail. But I'll hook ya up some tissues for when you see my sexy bf gt bar on my ute in a couple weeks big fella I know your jealous thumbsup.gif

DK777
Post #27

QUOTE (luke8t6 @ Aug 7 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Yea its a fail. But I'll hook ya up some tissues for when you see my sexy bf gt bar on my ute in a couple weeks big fella I know your jealous thumbsup.gif

haha so that fella paid up...
tongue.gif debt collecting.... bang bang+ --

u still missing a turbo thou luke... tongue.gif

marduke
Post #28

its the headlights that ruin it.. the bars look great on the FG's because of the headlight design... or maybe its because the gray was cut off before reaching the headlights... i think you should extend the gray to the headlights like the proper FG FPV's, it may help the look.

MYB16
Post #29

QUOTE (tojo_runner @ Aug 7 2009, 01:51 PM) *

I dis-agree. I would put a F6/GT bar on my XR8 ute without a problem. I wouldn't do a full FPV kit, but the bars sure do make the front end look super hot. If I ever damage my front bar thats most probably what i'll do mamoru.gif

I'm not sure about the FG bar though. BA/F's are just so much tougher looking!

FPV boy
Post #30

not a fan of that look. i would stay with a ba-bf series bar from a fpv model.

BravLow
Post #31

Looks mean mate. It does look a bit bulky, but with a bit of tweaking around it, it'll look tough. Maybe GT stripes and bonnet bulge like already mentioned.

damo05
Post #32

yeah, i just thought i'd post it up to get some feedback. I was looking at the ba F6 bar and found this. I agree with most, the 2 colour doesn't look the best and it does look bulky. But it is different, just dont know if its different in a bad way lol

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x