Fastest P Plate Legal Car - always wondered  

Page 1 of 10
Jump to page
yungguns
  • yungguns
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 173,910
Post #1 post 24th July 2009 - 07:03 PM
does anyone know what is the fastest (stock) car you can legally drive on p plates ive heard it would be the new ford xr6 or holden sv6 but i dunno just dont seem like they that quick...

--------------------
QUOTE (ShanO` @ Jul 17 2009, 07:21 PM)
lol, you know you fail at life when you cant skid a commodore...
Phat535
Post #2

QUOTE (yungguns @ Jul 25 2009, 01:03 PM) *
does anyone know what is the fastest (stock) car you can legally drive on p plates ive heard it would be the new ford xr6 or holden sv6 but i dunno just dont seem like they that quick...

they're not quick
that's the point head_wall.gif

Whyze
Post #3

i heard aurions and s2000's are up there ?

Timmyp34
Post #4

The new GTR is the fastest and dont worry about the turbos its ok since they are stock

yungguns
Post #5

cant drive a gtr on p plates haha but yeh i have heard s2000 is decent

J0RD0
Post #6

M3? but in all seriousness the XR6 is the cheapest best option if you dont have bucket loads of cash and there are plenty of things to do to it to make it quicker that the queensland transport dont have to know about such as aftermarket computer, cams (not too big so its not noticeable) port work, raise the compression, headers etc

Post #7

m3 is over 200kw so can not be driven in qld by a p plater

104HOZ
Post #8

rx8? my mates on his ps and drives his dads everyday. apparently they are p plate legal.. correct me if im wrong as thats just wat he tells me

Boxr
Post #9

sounds funny but my vote goes to the the new BMW TT 3.0 Diesel 3 series. Being P plate & turbo is ok because it diesel (exempt from turbo ruling), but it deliverw just under 200kw & 500+NM torque. 0-100 in high 5 seconds & high 13second 1/4 mile stock.... (Petrol TT is 3.0 225kw & 400NM so very comparable & these run 5.7 0-100 & 13.8 stock)

Hey it ain't cheap, but who said quality was, & imagine explaining to ppl that its a diesel & you bought it for the economy lol, then beating them.. Also, as with xr6's there are plug in computer upgrades already available in Europe that could take it over 200kw & 570+nm with no noticable modifications to sting you for...unless they dynoed it they would never know.

Lol fast diesels, it sounds strange smile.gif

ryan.d
Post #10

integra type r...

or what about a vn v6 commodore lol they are meant to be the fastest cars on the street arnt they?? well so ive heard! lol

FA71BO
Post #11

i love integras with vtec but im probly far from the right answerr

SP30 MOTORSPORTS
Post #12

golf r32 maybe

Reap3r
Post #13

E30 M3 Evo III i beleive would probly be the quickest. 240bhp = Less than 200kw and only weighs about 1050kg. But ontop of that they are more expensive than a e46 m3.

GreekWarrior
Post #14

vl

yungguns
Post #15

yeh the xr6 seems to be the goods

what sorta power would a r33/32 non turbo be capable of getting and would it be a better option than the xr6 and is there a power diffrence between the 4 doors and the 2 doors id rather a 4 door thats all

random_ben7
Post #16

QUOTE (104HOZ @ Jul 25 2009, 03:03 PM) *
rx8? my mates on his ps and drives his dads everyday. apparently they are p plate legal.. correct me if im wrong as thats just wat he tells me

Hes breaking the law
No rotaries over 1146 cc

You could almost get an NSX, but they are 201kw

autech_sfifteen
Post #17

Power to weight ratio > power output.

The s2000 has like 182kw or something and weighs fuck all. A DC5 would be good too.

dec540
Post #18

Its all about power to weight mate. yes the new commos and xr6's are pushing just under 200kw bbut look at a lotus elise sport R 1999 for example. Its a 1.8 pushing 101kw but the 0-100 is 5.1seconds! its only .2 of a second slower 0-100 than a 09 hsv R8 6.2ltr which has over 320kw.

Get the point?

VTs russ
Post #19

non turbo skylines are a extreamly slow not worth it especially when alot of them are extreamly over priced because of the skyline tag, no point buying one in na form, lighly modded xr6 would beat a turbo 32 anyway. friend of mine has a toyota levin, goes really hard for a p plate car, it's forsale aswell, punch's well above its weight. quick p plate car depends alot on how much money you have to spend.

autech_sfifteen
Post #20

QUOTE (VTs russ @ Jul 25 2009, 04:29 PM) *
non turbo skylines are a extreamly slow not worth it especially when alot of them are extreamly over priced because of the skyline tag, no point buying one in na form, lighly modded xr6 would beat a turbo 32 anyway. friend of mine has a toyota levin, goes really hard for a p plate car, it's forsale aswell, punch's well above its weight. quick p plate car depends alot on how much money you have to spend.

The R34's have the RB25DE NEO in them, They aren't that slow.

VTs russ
Post #21

i drove a 4 door 34 with the neo motor, and there would be plenty of p plate cars that would be quicker, was a nice car to drive though.

cameron92
Post #22

i bought a swift gti for my first car,
goes alright i guess for what it is, doesnt weigh much either.

Buddo_007
Post #23

grab an S13/S14/S15 sr20de and do that up like subtle body kit rims that clear big brakes and heaps and plenty of suspension mods

once you have done that......

get an SR20DET halfcut and start saving to forge the motor and port the heads and cams, etc and grab a turbo kit and intercooler kit and turbo back zorst and fuel mods, and etc once you are able to drive the turbo'd car put the worked motor in it with all the standard stuff and get all the emmisions and mod plates and everything done then go back home strip all the stock bolt on stuff off and put all the aftermarket stuff on get a tune then go nuts

DONT GET A FAST CAR TILL YOU LEARN HOW TO CONTROL A CAR OR EVEN DRIVE ONE PROPERLY
DONT GET A FAST CAR AS YOUR FIRST CAR COZ YOU WILL CRASH AND WILL WANT TO DO IT AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE SO THERE'S NO COLLATERAL DAMAGE OTHER THEN YOU

BoostWagon
Post #24

fast in straight line

fast in circuit

fast in drift?

what?

nash
Post #25

fast into a ho's panties? porsche boxster

ryan.d
Post #26

QUOTE (nash @ Jul 25 2009, 05:17 PM) *
fast into a ho's panties? porsche boxster

lol, if you need a car to help pull chicks there is something worng... mamoru.gif

chowieee
Post #27

turbo vl 1000hp

yungguns
Post #28

ive been driving since i was like 12 on our grandparents property and have a few hours of road driving under my belt from when i lived in a country town but yeh im liking the silvia idea i never really thought of it like that. but great idea mod up a silvia with all the body and interior work than when can drive turbo half cut it might do that with a r32

tom_willie
Post #29

xr6 is the way to go. From ef onwards =]

MR 3KGT
Post #30

E46 M3 CSL

313GNT.Aurion
Post #31

QUOTE (MR 3KGT @ Jul 25 2009, 06:15 PM) *
E46 M3 CSL

............over 200kw mate

not to be cocky but u probly wont find a STOCK one faster than an aurion mate. i got a 14.2 at the drags stock pretty much, so if u know your shit about cars and know what there times are down the quarter and dont think that every car with rims does a 10 sec pass like fast and furious ud know thats fukin good for what it is...not very many cars if any will do that with P plate restrictions

FS if u want to buy it

GTRwilson
Post #32

prob VE SV6. But the VZ can be made quicker than the VE's with a simple tune and nothing else.

MoneyPower
Post #33

If you cna shift well, an S2000 will do very high 13's

Boxr
Post #34

QUOTE (313GNT.Aurion @ Jul 25 2009, 06:37 PM) *
............over 200kw mate

not to be cocky but u probly wont find a STOCK one faster than an aurion mate. i got a 14.2 at the drags stock pretty much, so if u know your shit about cars and know what there times are down the quarter and dont think that every car with rims does a 10 sec pass like fast and furious ud know thats fukin good for what it is...not very many cars if any will do that with P plate restrictions

FS if u want to buy it

14.2@98 Fark thats alright & its a heavy FWD too thumbsup.gif lol can I ask whats "Pretty much stock?"

nismo
Post #35

suzuki mighty boy

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 10
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x