Jump to page
ScUd'EsS
  • ScUd'EsS
  • if it aint a V8 - i aint interested!
  • Member No.: 62,268
Post #1 post 18th June 2009 - 11:34 AM
Deluxe Freight Systems Trans Tasman Drag Bike Challenge
Hidden Valley Drag Strip - Saturday 4th July 2009

See the best New Zealand has to offer, including the current ANDRA Top Bike Champion, Athol Williams.
“The Flying Kiwi” has had a standout season in the Top Bike category amassing a huge 300 points more than his nearest rival, Jay Upton, and he's hoping to carry this form through to the Trans Tasman.

“We own five of the six track records and both ANDRA Terminal Speed and Elapsed Time records.” said Williams. The terminal speed record puts Williams on the world stage, as he’s officially the fourth fastest bike in the world and the fastest outside of the USA.

“There is nothing like it, no seat belts, no roll cages, no fire bottles - just adrenaline on wheels and lots of Nitro!”

Along with Williams, there are 8 other Top Bikes set to converge on Darwin including Mark and Ian Ashelford, Phil and Sam Parker, Dennis Grant, Kym Stevens, and Darwin's own Mick Murray. This will make one of the biggest Top Bike fields for a non Andra Championship event. Most have run SIX SECOND passes at OVER 200 MPH. Their many achievements, records and championships speak for themselves and combined with their extensive drag racing experience should ensure some fast and exciting NITRO BIKE RACING.

In other brackets, highlights include MARCUS CHAMBERS from Sydney who a very experienced Harley tuner and racer. He will be piloting his HARLEY DAVIDSON DESTROYER in the modified bike bracket and of course, there will be seven NEW ZEALAND bikes to team up with Athol to battle it out against the Aussies for the coveted title of Trans Tasman Drag Bike Champions.

This will be the fifth time this challenge has been held, and the Kiwi's are hungry for their FIRST taste of victory.

Saturday 4 July 2009
Gates open 2pm, Qualifying 3-6pm, Feature racing from 7pm
Spectators $25, Children under 13 free

--------------------
"YOU'RE NOT KNOWN UNLESS YOUR BLOWN"

*CLICK HERE* YouTube Vid - SCUD 2nd Place 2009 Gazzanats ~ Winner of 'Toughest Ride' Award

If it aint a V8 - I aint interested!
GTS192
Post #2

Mel did you have to mention SIX SECOND passes oopsie.gif

Pure-SX
Post #3

WHATS HIS POWER LEVEL?!?!?!???????????? OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!

WHATS HIS TERMINAL SPEED???????????? OVER 200MPH

Should be good if they run ok up here smile.gif

incubus
Post #4

QUOTE (Pure-SX @ Jun 18 2009, 04:32 PM) *
WHATS HIS POWER LEVEL?!?!?!???????????? OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!

WHATS HIS TERMINAL SPEED???????????? OVER 200MPH

Should be good if they run ok up here smile.gif

faggot

is we racing mel or is the bitch still broken ?

ScUd'EsS
Post #5

QUOTE (GTS192 @ Jun 18 2009, 04:24 PM) *
Mel did you have to mention SIX SECOND passes oopsie.gif

You know i thought about that exact same point! Should I, shouldn't I???
*disclaimer* HVDRA ARE NOT claiming they WILL run 6secs on the night (i'm sure they'll try their hardest!)

And not sure Chris whats happening with scud-let... Ask the Chief pit boss he knows more than me most times!
tongue.gif

1g love
Post #6

His power should be around 500hp dads bike has 480 and runs 7

GTS192
Post #7

QUOTE (ScUd'EsS @ Jun 18 2009, 07:00 PM) *
You know i thought about that exact same point! Should I, shouldn't I???

mamoru.gif

jsttry
Post #8

From the conversations that have been had recently, Athol currently holds several Australian Records. He is capable of 6.1 @ 236mph so will be interesting to see if they can break any Hidden Valley track records. Current record is held by Troy MacLean with fastest Territorian being Brad Perry (who has just recently sold his bike and its on display this weekend thanks to the new owner).

The NT has several of their own, a couple of which are on display at the V8 Supercars this weekend. So if you haven't seen a Top Bike before, check them out this weekend, then come back on the 4th to see how they go against the Kiwis.

Cobraed
Post #9

At least the bikes are more than capable of running sixxes up here (at least they have actually run sixes) and should something break it wont be a case of
"shit happens"

Should be a good night looking forward to it (If we go)

rx2re
Post #10

My new gearbox is in and it just falls through the gears now.

Im ready for some strip action.

GTS192
Post #11

QUOTE (rx2re @ Jun 19 2009, 12:43 PM) *
My new gearbox is in and it just falls through the gears now.

Im ready for some strip action.

I wont bother trying to beat you around the lights now.

rx2re
Post #12

QUOTE (GTS192 @ Jun 19 2009, 12:56 PM) *
I wont bother trying to beat you around the lights now.

Only when im in the Suzuki. lol

GTS192
Post #13

QUOTE (rx2re @ Jun 19 2009, 01:10 PM) *
Only when im in the Suzuki. lol

Yep fair game then !

GTS192
Post #14

Should be a good night !
Cars are going too i thought it was just bikes !

jsttry
Post #15

Its bikes and cars. Talking to Alice Springs and while they could only run 1/8 mile, they put on an awesome show and are sure to impress over the full quarter mile here in Darwin.

Word from Alice is that the owner of Yack's old Supercharged Funny Car may also be heading to Darwin for this weekend.

unreal
Post #16

oh no dont tell the motorbikes a quick car is coming it might steal the show

Cobraed
Post #17

From what I have been told a couple of bike did some 1/4 mile runs (missed the 1/8 mile markers so didnt stop) and run a 6.5 of the trailer and then a 6.4 all bike had no problems and run all day so should be all go for saturday. if you want to get a better et on saturday try and get a run straight after the nitro bikes (breath deep there are vitamins in the air)

ScUd'EsS
Post #18

shocked.gif shocked.gif a positive from Ed about the drags! Quick someone bottle that mood he's in.... tongue.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #19

top ads once again Mr Mopar!! thumbsup.gif

Cobraed
Post #20

Bite Me biggrin.gif Besides Im always positive about the drags its just I speak my mind when things arnt what they should be. worst part is I may not even get there again

ScUd'EsS
Post #21

i'll always bite Ed... tongue.gif

As far as i know Athol was put in the cage of death today at croc cove... 'should' be in 2morro's paper..

SIKUNIT
Post #22

Nothing better than a face full of nitro......

Will be on teh hill somewhere.

taffywing
Post #23

track was cleaned today, by sat morning it will be as sticky as a 14yr old school boys undies....................

jsttry
Post #24

Cage of Death is rescheduled to tomorrow morning, but check out the paper over the next two days.

A big thank you to those that came down tonight. The Paris' are looking a bit tired but their work to get all the bikes here is worth a big pat on the back, so if you see them on Saturday make sure to shake their hand and say thankyou!

Athol Williams was in the Mall today and there are bikes on display at NT Motorcycle Centre tomorrow from memory. These Top Bikes are HUGE, took a full size car trailer to fit the Top Bike on that I had to tow around.

Taffy is correct, just finished washing the track for 4hrs, being prep'ed tomorrow and then again Saturday morning. If you want to run a good ET Saturday will be the night to do it!

Remember any car or bike can race on Saturday, gates open 2pm, qualifying 3-6pm and racing from 7pm. If you want to race make sure you get down there early as scrutineering will need to be done before you can go out on track and it will be closing around 5-5:30pm (different to an Off Street meet).

taffywing
Post #25

i would have been there to help you guys jay but i have been a bit green since about 5pm.......

Megz
Post #26

QUOTE (SIKUNIT @ Jul 2 2009, 09:00 PM) *
Nothing better than a face full of nitro......

Will be on teh hill somewhere.

Might be near this dude.

unreal
Post #27

ScUd'EsS
Post #28

QUOTE (unreal @ Jul 3 2009, 10:39 AM) *

oh great theres goes my fuck'n house sale $$ tears.gif tears.gif

looks like will be an all nighter at my place tonight

incubus
Post #29

tell poof to call me if he wants a hand.

must supply coke though.

ScUd'EsS
Post #30

QUOTE (incubus @ Jul 3 2009, 12:07 PM) *
tell poof to call me if he wants a hand.

must supply coke though.

what do i look like his fark'n secretary...... you have his number ring him!! But i guess he'll need someone....

incubus
Post #31

yes you do
&
no i don't phone got molested by the nokia shop but at least everything works again.

taffywing
Post #32

just curious, who is representing the brap brap crew at this meeting dunno.gif

buzurkracing
Post #33

hopefuly someone,a lot of work to do in the coming weeks on OFFTAP.

VLCT WALKY
Post #34

like to thank andy for takin the car down

car still has major issues getting out of the whole still at the 2.4 60ft times

but on the plus side, managed a 117mph speed et, so it's got the mumbo for the 11 just need to either sort the auto or the stall out, to try and find out why it wont stall up

p.s that's nearly 10mph up on my speed et from last year!

BEAST MASTER
Post #35

QUOTE (VLCT WALKY @ Jul 5 2009, 12:27 AM) *
like to thank andy for takin the car down

car still has major issues getting out of the whole still at the 2.4 60ft times

but on the plus side, managed a 117mph speed et, so it's got the mumbo for the 11 just need to either sort the auto or the stall out, to try and find out why it wont stall up

p.s that's nearly 10mph up on my speed et from last year!

No no thank you. A little slow out of the hole but I have come up with a theory of what it could be... talk later.. but 117.19mph was awesome!!!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x