How Much Psi Can I Take?  

nastazio_12
  • nastazio_12
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 119,091
Post #1 post 22nd February 2009 - 05:46 PM
Hey guys.
I've got a Supercharged VT and was wondering how much psi they can run with stock internals,

atm im running 12 psi and i want to go somthing bigger,

my mods atm are simple 12psi pully, msd coilpacks and 3inch system,

can i go bigger??? if i cant wat should i upgrade so it can take 19psi,

thanks, adam

TwinCam16
Post #2

I dont believe that charger will be any good @ 19 psi

55HHH
Post #3

Upgrade to a SS nigha...

V8 powers baby...

nastazio_12
Post #4

QUOTE(TwinCam16 @ Feb 22 2009, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1283621578[/snapback]

I dont believe that charger will be any good @ 19 psi

na they go really well, ive seen them go,

heres wat im looking at buying http://v6supercharged.com.au/snout.asp

QUOTE(55HHH @ Feb 22 2009, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1283621597[/snapback]

Upgrade to a SS nigha...

V8 powers baby...

i should probs look at upgrading from your mum 1st zac, she goes good but meh,

as for that link ^^^^^sorry doesnt work unless youve signd up with them, sorry,

but its a machined down snout with a 19psi pully

intentional_misuse
Post #5

just pm LOWGM and he will probs tell ya straight up

Vx_S_Dumped
Post #6

just intercool it . full exhaust, the L67 come out with 40pound injectors so get a fuel reg and bump up the pressure

apexi
Post #7

you will be sweet for 30PSI!!! do it......

vs4eva
Post #8

QUOTE(apexi @ Feb 22 2009, 07:04 PM) [snapback]1283622065[/snapback]

you will be sweet for 30PSI!!! do it......

lol yer 30psi and nos sounds like a plan .... if u like putting fires out

i think i can c the standered manifold is still there ever thought about throwing them in the bin for some pacies??

youbUTEless 33
Post #9

pm LOWGM

DVS88
Post #10

yeah i would be getting an intercooler on it before adding more boost either water-to-air or air-to-air and throw a decent exhaust on it including extractors

Vx_S_Dumped
Post #11

you will find once u do everything else . more boost wont be needed as much

TwinCam16
Post #12

I could have sworn that if you drive the stock charger that hard it is out of its range and the intake temps are stupidly high.

Tweak
Post #13

that thing will probly mince its self at around 15psi

to handle 19 oh fuck it just say 20psi you would need to fresh'n up the motor with a few tad bits. but for that price you can probly get a
COME racing 4.2 stroked ecotec engine n/a that would leave it for dead

"4.2 Ecotec V6 BOOST capable short motors: These are sold outright and include a fully machined Ecotec cylinder block. Bored and torque plate honed, "O" ringed decks, copper head gaskets supplied, nodular cast iron stroker crank (capable of 15psi+ boost), "H" beam 4340 steel con rods, Wiseco or Diamond Racing custom low compression forged pistons. Assembly fully balanced for use with Ecotec balancer and flywheel. Short is supplied with matching boost billet cam and timing set. Oil pump, timing set and steel Powerbond harmonic balancer and sump fitted...OUTRIGHT for $6500.00 (unassembled for $5800.00)...Optional billet steel crank...add $1500.00 (more extreme boost capacity) Long motors including ported ST-3 heads and our new Twin Throttle Body intake manifold...$12,000.00 outright"

Oh and do get FIT lifters. they are jusr exchange used old lifters that have been modified.Belive the quality is not good

james_91
Post #14

is the charger on it now factory? im thinking bout doin mine when im off p's and wondering wat it cost u

nastazio_12
Post #15

hey guys,

thanks for the info, i no its taken in to much heat atm, FIT say to get a heat shield and a new thermo witch ill do for sure, then im gonna get me so rollar rockers and then look into the new pully. i think ill have a good chat to LOWGM next time i see him. thanks for your help guys.

adam.

micko1212
Post #16

QUOTE(james_91 @ Feb 22 2009, 08:19 PM) [snapback]1283622659[/snapback]

is the charger on it now factory? im thinking bout doin mine when im off p's and wondering wat it cost u

Yeah it's factory charged.

QUOTE(nastazio_12 @ Feb 22 2009, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1283623017[/snapback]

hey guys,
thanks for the info, i no its taken in to much heat atm, FIT say to get a heat shield and a new thermo witch ill do for sure, then im gonna get me so rollar rockers and then look into the new pully. i think ill have a good chat to LOWGM next time i see him. thanks for your help guys.
adam.

Get some pacies, actually let's go tomorrow and get some!

HI_PSI_VL
Post #17

Adam,

I also have a Super 6, and am looking at doing some mods to mine as well.... here's what you will need..

* Intercooler
* Aftermarket EMS, eg Microtech, Haltech (may get away w/- XU6 Chip)
* Bigger Throttle Body... 69mm at least
* New CAI... Mace Engineering would be the go
* Roller Rockers.... either Yella Terra or Mace, at least 1.9:1
* Bigger Injectors
* Dunno about Fuel Reg
* Heat Shield and 81 Deg Thermostat

I have done some research, and planning on doing these over the next 6 months... hopefully I will get at least 300rwhp from that.

Also check out these websites, they will help you as well...

www.l67torque.com.au (Forum on everything Super 6, and can get some parts cheap too)
www.maceengineering.com.au
www.v6commodore.com.au

Brett

projared
Post #18

you will need to put high speed bearings in the blower so it can run 20psi boost...... and a set of forged pistolas...

midnight.outlaw
Post #19

12psi is pushing it already without an intercooler. There is a new intercooler plate made out of carbon fiber. (See L67torque) Then you can boost it up. But as a few people said get the exhaust, rockers, airfilter etc done first.

Rookie ROX
Post #20

Moved to Technical.

ROCK ON
R~R

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x