Rat Forum Yes Or No  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
do you think there should be forum for rat rod/ leadsled style off cars
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 45
Guests cannot vote 
pixelvandal
Post #71

This thread is amusing. As a son of an original Australian Hot Rodder & former motorsport photographer I can tell you that no amount of arguing will convince a 'Hot Rodder' into accepting a 'Rat Rod'. Back in the 80/90s the argument centered around the term 'Street Rod'...no right-minded Hot Rodder wanted to own a 'Street Rod' & now the same seems to be happening with the Rat Rod.
It's my belief that the 'Rat Rod' is more true to the original 'Hot Rod' than the ASRF style 'Hot Rod'...Back in the day Rod builders didn't have the cornucopia of parts available to Rodders today, so made do with what they could get there hands on, what looked good & what would offend the establishment.
It would seem now that the ASRF represents the 'establishment' & builders are keen to distance themselves from them.
The ASRF while set up with the best interest of all Rodders seems to have found itself creating more heavy-handed and anti-creative regulations than the TAC...
No person has the right to say what is & what isn't a 'Hot Rod' it's like saying what is & what isn't 'art'.
Just my 2c......

DeadSled
Post #72

Pixelvandal,

I agree with you. These days, it seems the ASRF want all the Hot Rods on the road, that they believe represent them, as a Street Rod. Shiney paint, perfect leather interior, big shiney chrome wheels.. ect.

To me, a Hot Rod is something built to represent the style of cars built in the 40's and 50's.

I think the HAMB is a great place to see what true Hot Rods are like.

My opinion is that..

Street Rod - Shiny paint, Billet Wheels, Perfect leather interiors, billet everything ect.

Hot Rod - Something that resembles the Rods of back 40's, 50's ect..

Rat Rod - Shit and unsafe designs (I.e suspension setups, drivetrain mountings ect ect), bird shit welds that aren't as strong as they need to be.. ect.

The whole new paint vs rusty body argument.. to me.. it isn't a Rat Rod if it has a very well engineered chassis and a body with original paint, thats a Hot Rod to me.

I really don't want to have to go trawling through Rat Rod forums to find examples of terribly designed cars, to show the difference.

3000GTCapri
Post #73

I don't consider capris british cars as mine was built here right here in aus. Different carbie and shit to the brittish ones etc there slightly different but yes they were designed in britland.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x