Page 1 of 58
Jump to page
Darkness
  • Darkness
  • H&F Member
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 17,082
Post #1 post 6th May 2008 - 02:11 AM
This is a thread to talk about drifting in the NT.

It's a place to talk about current or upcoming events, advice, or asking questions, even posting up pictures.

Just remember that any discussion of illegal activities will not be tolerated, and shall be dealt with.

So let's all play nice in here so it doesn't get closed, so no fights, flaming or other naughty type activities.

--------------------

Rattler
Post #2

I'll start it on a "nice" note with a few photos of the boys doing their thing! Also a photo of my old 180SX which I sold to someone up here and apparently was written off :bowrofl:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Kaos308
Post #3

Not a huge drift fan, but I will say everytime I am at the track with the race car boys, the drifters have always improved!! Last weekend was pretty kick ass to watch, keep up the good work guys :bowrofl:

Cheers, Mick

drift_ke70
Post #4

hahahahahahaha you have a PM Scotty

Rattler
Post #5

QUOTE(drift_ke70 @ May 6 2008, 08:50 PM) [snapback]1282294540[/snapback]

hahahahahahaha you have a PM Scotty

Thanks matey! See, I'm an "enthusiast" who appreciates all makes and models of vehicles! :lol: Once Rattler is finished I'd like to build a Datto 1600 drift car :bowrofl:

paddles7
Post #6

QUOTE(Rattler @ May 6 2008, 08:34 PM) [snapback]1282294655[/snapback]

Thanks matey! See, I'm an "enthusiast" who appreciates all makes and models of vehicles! :lol: Once Rattler is finished I'd like to build a Datto 1600 drift car :bowrofl:

Shotgun!

drift_ke70
Post #7

QUOTE(Rattler @ May 6 2008, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1282294655[/snapback]

oooooo i like the sounds of that.

buzurkracing
Post #8

QUOTE(Rattler @ May 6 2008, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1282294655[/snapback]

Thanks matey! See, I'm an "enthusiast" who appreciates all makes and models of vehicles! :P Once Rattler is finished I'd like to build a Datto 1600 drift car :bowrofl:

better have a rotor in it Scotty..........combine 2 good things to make 1 outstanding thing. :lol:

RBNT
Post #9

Feel the love for Danny's nuts Ford. Love it, no-one puts on a better smoke show.

zmit
Post #10

http://www.zmit.info/gallery/namsc/hv/hvmay08

not too many this time... wasnt too crash hot. but the guys seemed to be doin pretty well again.
sorry i didnt end up seein ya scotty.

buzurkracing
Post #11

[attachment=503703:attachment]

drift 13b 1600 Scotty.mmmmmm tuff :bowrofl:

unreal
Post #12

gota say powercruise drifting just didnt realy do it for me so went agen and watched last weekend and my god jeffrey was just peeling, danny was putting on a good smoke show and the others were all good to watch keep up the good work drifters

VLCT WALKY
Post #13

Darren was going fantastic, love watching him at the hair pin

danny always does the v8 guys proud :bowrofl:

and mmmmm shane in a vl :lol: is there any more to say !

SIKUNIT
Post #14

Im a bit dissapointed with what is happening with the "club" of late....i'd have to have a bit of a think about it if i were to think of joining.......hint hint.....

Not really proffesional. If your going to bitch, dont do it on a public f**king forum where every man and his dog can read or you'll have NO CHANCE of getting any sort of funding or sponsorship in the future. To the ones in the club with half a brain this might prompt some action on behalf of its members to stop any negative publicity that you dont need.

Take this advice or not, i really dont give 2 hoots either way, your choice.

Now thats out of the way, Good to see some of the boys improving last week, darren with the wicked angle, danny with the smoke, and jeff for getting some corners linked pretty smoothly. Keep up the good work guys.

ancullen
Post #15

Nice pics from the event. I was the dag at Flagpoint 3 waving the green flag at the drifters. Can someone please confirm where you were allowed to start drifting? I was under the impression it could start from Turn 3/4 and go on until Turn 10. Or was it only from Turn 5? BIG thanks to the driver of the R32 - was it Jeff? Those burnouts probably wouldn't have been looked upon kindly by the guys in the tower, but they were very much appreciated by myself and the other guy who couldn't see any of the drift action. :bowrofl:

drift_ke70
Post #16

QUOTE(ancullen @ May 7 2008, 09:22 AM) [snapback]1282296059[/snapback]

Nice pics from the event. I was the dag at Flagpoint 3 waving the green flag at the drifters. Can someone please confirm where you were allowed to start drifting? I was under the impression it could start from Turn 3/4 and go on until Turn 10. Or was it only from Turn 5? BIG thanks to the driver of the R32 - was it Jeff? Those burnouts probably wouldn't have been looked upon kindly by the guys in the tower, but they were very much appreciated by myself and the other guy who couldn't see any of the drift action. :bowrofl:

Drifting is between turn 5 and 9 i think it is just after the sweeper. Turn 5 through to the sweeper are the only ones judged. They are allowed to go pretty close to each other now but on the last run are meant to be seperated and go singaly to be judged correctly so that the peepscan watch the whole run. This was not happening. Next time if your on that flagpoint can you talk with the guys on flagpoint 5 so when one is finished then you can wave the next guy through. :lol:

Rattler
Post #17

QUOTE(buzurkracing @ May 6 2008, 10:21 PM) [snapback]1282295255[/snapback]

[attachment=503703:attachment]

drift 13b 1600 Scotty.mmmmmm tuff :bowrofl:

That's tuff matey, but I was thinking more about an LS/RB26DETT/FJ20DET powered Datto! :lol: Here's a photo of an RB going into a 510! Looks like a big job and the SR20 will go in much easier, but have had an SR20DET beofore and they bore me!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

SIKUNIT
Post #18

That would be stupidly and insanely overpowered.

I LIKE :bowrofl:

VLCT WALKY
Post #19

that's one hell of alot of custom work

miss my p510, lucky i still have the plates

ancullen
Post #20

QUOTE(drift_ke70 @ May 7 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1282296088[/snapback]

Drifting is between turn 5 and 9 i think it is just after the sweeper. Turn 5 through to the sweeper are the only ones judged. They are allowed to go pretty close to each other now but on the last run are meant to be seperated and go singaly to be judged correctly so that the peepscan watch the whole run. This was not happening. Next time if your on that flagpoint can you talk with the guys on flagpoint 5 so when one is finished then you can wave the next guy through. :bowrofl:

Thanks for the verification. I was trying to keep the guys evenly spaced during the first few runs, and they were pretty much spacing themselves out for the last run in each event. I didn't know until UNKNOWN mentioned to me that the last runs were judged and therefore meant to be spaced further apart. I thought we had it going pretty well, but it's obviously difficult to see how far around the corner each car is from Flagpoint 3. I'd been spacing the cars so that one car should have finished drifting Turn 5 when I waved the next car on. I'll make sure that next time we give a bit more room again. :lol:

From the point of view of someone standing at that flagpoint, it would be really, really good if TEDA could convince NAMSC to let them start drifting a Turn 3, as it would add an entertainment factor for the persons at that flagpoint - it's SOOOOO boring to wave people off and not get to see what fun they have a result. :P Plus Turns 3 & 4 would provide a nice point for drivers to start off with a fairly easy right-hand drift and flick to a left-hand drift, with plenty of room to straighten up (if desired) and prepare for Turn 5. Just my suggestion for you guys to consider.

SIKUNIT
Post #21

They should just let them have the whole track.

drift_ke70
Post #22

would be good. The they might enter turn 5 properly if they already sliding. Hmmm something for them to look at. Got me fucked how it would be judged though cos you cant see the other corners.

VLCT WALKY
Post #23

Adam, regarding that request u just put up,

it would be better to talk to someone at teda, as bj's advice all be it maybe correct maybe not and they might have change,

and to stop any shit fights would be best to talk to the person incharge of judging or one of the teda committe members for clarification!

drift_ke70
Post #24

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ May 7 2008, 10:26 AM) [snapback]1282296235[/snapback]

Adam, regarding that request u just put up,

it would be better to talk to someone at teda, as bj's advice all be it maybe correct maybe not and they might have change,

and to stop any shit fights would be best to talk to the person incharge of judging or one of the teda committe members forwho is now a committe member for clarification! Tis what Jeff told me so fudge off before i have to cut your right hand off

FIXED

Good advice there Lars things have changed since we were doing it so not sure. :bowrofl:

VLCT WALKY
Post #25

QUOTE(drift_ke70 @ May 7 2008, 11:08 AM) [snapback]1282296265[/snapback]

FIXED

Good advice there Lars things have changed since we were doing it so not sure. :bowrofl:

actually u might want to fix that bj, which u have :lol:

thank u for clarifying the above!

drift_ke70
Post #26

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ May 7 2008, 10:48 AM) [snapback]1282296296[/snapback]

actually u might want to fix that bj,

that is incorrect information! but please don't put any facts up about this, but it's not the place to talk about it

PM as to how it is incorrect dude.

VLCT WALKY
Post #27

pm sent

drift_ke70
Post #28

PM replied now sit down womenz

VLCT WALKY
Post #29

thank u for editing, so if any mis conception people know where the information came from

ancullen
Post #30

QUOTE(SIKUNIT @ May 7 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]1282296228[/snapback]

They should just let them have the whole track.

That would be ideal, but getting Turns 3 & 4 included would be a good start. It appears that the guys that are turning up to compete are starting to get good, so it would be easier to convince NAMSC that more room to do their thing is in everyone's interest (eg. better for spectators, better for competitors, and more entries for the club as a result). Then moving up to having Turns 10 through 14 wouldn't be such a big step. Not sure if they'll allow drifting the full track, as there would probably be reserves about persons attempting to fishtail/drift up the main straight. Give it time - I'm sure these things will eventuate.

VLCT WALKY
Post #31

the straight has nothing to do with drifting

most drifting around australia is only a few corner's and not a whole track

u got to remember how much tyres you would go through doing the whole track!

but sounds good either way

W1CK3D
Post #32

QUOTE(Rattler @ May 6 2008, 07:04 PM) [snapback]1282294655[/snapback]

Thanks matey! See, I'm an "enthusiast" who appreciates all makes and models of vehicles! :P Once Rattler is finished I'd like to build a Datto 1600 drift car :bowrofl:

No Scotty, I wont let you! You can have my car if I go back to the army... :lol:

Rattler
Post #33

QUOTE(W1CK3D @ May 7 2008, 02:34 PM) [snapback]1282297217[/snapback]

No Scotty, I wont let you! You can have my car if I go back to the army... :lol:

Ha Haaaa!! Thanks Matt, but the Datto 1600 which we turned into a 510 was my 1st ever car so I have a passion for that model! I want my drift car to be "different".... but I know your mum's not that impressed with the shape of 'em, lol! She can get to pick the colour! :bowrofl:

VLCT WALKY
Post #34

a datsun 1600 is a 510 / p510 it's the model number ? unsure how u managed to turn it into a 510 when that's how it left the factory ???

cool choice of car, and i believe one of the drift shops down south has made one also!

Rattler
Post #35

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ May 7 2008, 02:53 PM) [snapback]1282297285[/snapback]

a datsun 1600 is a 510 / p510 it's the model number ? unsure how u managed to turn it into a 510 when that's how it left the factory ???

cool choice of car, and i believe one of the drift shops down south has made one also!

Sorry, I should've "elaberated" a little more, we turned her into a "Rally 510". We pulled both front and rear bumpers off and welded/bolted a piece of 2inch alloy round bar in their places. Dropped a 200SX engine with twin SU carbys (they were a b!tch to tune.... had to do it fortnightly) and put a set of Recaro racing seats in. It wasn't much but it made her look like a real rally car and as I was only 16yrs old so thought it was pretty cool! We also used windscreen wiper squirters and put them into the rear guards. When I was at a set of lights next to a big V8, I'd hit the button and detergent would squirt over the rear tyres (had it connected to another winscreen wiper bottle in engine bay) and I could sit there, light 'em up and smoke would be pouring from my rear tyres! Impressed alot of people back then! :lol: Wish I still had photos of her, but was back in the Ice Age before digital cameras evolved and have lost many a photo album throughout the years :P

Something similar but I had 13" Magnums
IPB Image

My father raced 1600's as a privateer at Mallala Raceway in Adelaide before he passed away in '74 and was only 1second behind Team Nissan! So the Dattos are in my blood and always will be! Thanks for the comment, I'll do some research and find out who it is that's building it :bowrofl:

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 58
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x