Show N Shine Prizes/Trophies - what would you prefer??  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
What would you prefer - trophie or prize??
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 53
Guests cannot vote 
NewlyAwakeN
  • NewlyAwakeN
  • NewlyAwakeN's School Of ModerN KaraokE
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 4,087
Post #1 post 5th January 2004 - 08:33 AM
Hey guys .... as you know i am planning the cancer cruise in february and am just curious what ppl would prefer for the winners and runners up in the show n shine??

I am trying to get sponsors for this event and need to know what is the prefered option ....

if you say prize please tell me what prize that would be ....

cheers

hope to see all you there on the day biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
king of the concrete jungle
Post #2

This is just me Matt, but I really don't care what the prise is if any at all. To me just the recognition of the hard work you put into the car is ample reward. It's always nice to have someone congratulate you on your work. I always feel good inside when someone pays me a compliment over being given a trophy.

If you are after a sponsor and depending on how many trophy/prises were on offer I may know of someone that might be able to assist you smile.gif

21-BJF
Post #3

I will take a trophie any day, you may as well engrave my name on it now thought to save some time, cause that baby is mine....... biggrin.gif

vn355
Post #4

i voted trophie, always good to have something to show all the work that has gone into the car to make you appreciate it, although, ...whats the prize ??? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

MissClaire
Post #5

Trophies are dust collectors and space wasters. What's the prize? Money? that would be sweet. Or even car parts!

QUOTE (MissLancer @ Jan 5 2004, 08:50 AM)
Trophies are dust collectors and space wasters. What's the prize? Money? that would be sweet. Or even car parts!

considering it's a charity day i don't think it will be money as we are raising money .... tongue.gif

so maybe a few suggestions of prizes ?? car parts??

WattsyLX
Post #7

I prefer trophies.... there isnt many charity shows that give out prizes unless it's something small that was donated by the sponsors, such as a voucher from Cheapa Auto Spares or a book, etc.

Realistically the trophies themselves are pretty worthless, just a bit of plastic.... it's just the recognition that goes with the trophy that we all compete for.

Post #8

what about a gift voucher from auto barn? donated or somone to sponser could provide.

KRO02
Post #9

Trophy for sure, a prize like a voucher is gone in a week, the trophy lasts a lifetime...or 5 years, whichever is lesser

180sr
Post #10

it depends what the prize is????
but i'd prolly go the trophie, it's good to have something to remember the victory thumbsup.gif

HQSS
Post #11

I voted for prize, although trophies are nice to show recognition, they are dust collectors and impossible to keep clean. I have about 60 spare ones here that just sit on a table in my spare room. I only kept one or two important ones in the lounge room and I don't look at the rest.

juicen
Post #12

i reckon trophies are the go ... good thing to remember past efforts (and $$$$) wink.gif laugh.gif beer.gif

deva
Post #13

dont know if this has already been said (2 lazy to read rest of posts)
but i rekon the best prize would be sponsorship of your own car to the value of $X , or $X per show that u go to,

what do ya think?

Sir Holden
Post #14

definetely a prize, say a gift voucher, cause a trophy is kinda useless. i mean yeh it sits in ur room and u get to look at it or whatever. but say there was a gift voucher for autobarn, u could put it on ur car to enhance how it looks/sounds/performs and then if somebody asks u 'whered u get that neon' or whatever u can tell them. but thats just my thoughts biggrin.gif

HOON69
Post #15

trophy i never liked prizes much plus a trophy lasts a prize doesnt..

15EXN
Post #16

trophy = 1 trophy

trophies = plural

id go for trophies though coz u can keep em to look back on the good old days biggrin.gif and a prize u might not like

tgz
Post #17

prize and trophy hahahah! but nah if 1 of the 2 id go prize... maybe like a jb hifi voucher or something along those lines?

QUOTE (deva @ Jan 6 2004, 09:42 PM)
dont know if this has already been said (2 lazy to read rest of posts)
but i rekon the best prize would be sponsorship of your own car to the value of $X , or $X per show that u go to,

what do ya think?

what you are all forgeting is that matt will be running this as a fund raiser. so every prize that is awarded either has to be donated or payed for out of NewlyAwakeN's pocket, so lets try and keep it a little realistic.

NewlyAwakeN
Post #19

yes please keeping this realistic would help but it looks like trophies will be the way to go ....

i will make the decision at the end of the week smile.gif

Thorndy
Post #20

deffently trophies.. I need more to add to my collection .

Thorndy

~*b*~
Post #21

I would choose trophy however that could hurt the hip pocket depending on how many you are planning to get made. As far as I know they are not the cheapest things in the world. If it was me, I would be happy with anything, even if I didnt even get a trophy/prize, it wouldnt bother me. More money would just go to the good cause then. And it wouldnt be wasted on silly little things.

Amokk
Post #22

prizes are good

Trophies are like "thanks for coming"

Post #23

Matt, I strongly recommend a certificate and maybe a gift voucher donated by a sponsor etc etc. At least that way you can make the certificates up at home on your computer. Trophies are a ridiciolus price these days!

To me that would be your cheapest way out. I'm different to other people tho. I guess a simple "nice car mate well done looks great full credit to you" and a bit of admiration means more to me then a "Goofy Badge".

NewlyAwakeN
Post #24

yeah but i am going to try and get a local trophy place to do a few for free .... like a donation of sorts if you know what i mean ??

GotDubs?
Post #25

Sorry if someone has already said this but......

Definately a Trophy - they last forever and if u give a voucher or money it will last a week and it will be forgotten

GotDubs?
Post #26

Usually with trophies you get businesses to sponsor them so they get their name on it. If you had autobarn sponsor a trophy they may give you a voucher too. Ask them.

QUOTE (NewlyAwakeN @ Jan 7 2004, 09:22 AM)
yeah but i am going to try and get a local trophy place to do a few for free .... like a donation of sorts if you know what i mean ??

Hopefully someone will be this generous in doing so....Unfortunately not everyone has a kind heart. Anyways if you are keen on getting trophies and there is a cost involved Im sure that you could work out some kind of donation thingy from all the boost cruisers anyways.
How many were you looking to get made up?

NewlyAwakeN
Post #28

well i'm planning to have a few categories and probably award 1st and 2nd to each category ....

categories will be along the lines of best 4, 6, and 8 and i'm thinking of having a random respect award ..... biggrin.gif

Post #29

Matt, no offence but I think it would be pretty rude of people to expect a trophy or other expensive prize when the whole idea of this is to help charity and raise money to help those people lees fortunite then ourselves. I mean I'm sure 99.9% of boostcruising people would be grateful for a mention and maybe a certificate.

I'd rather know by attending a charity/fund raiser event that one day that the money raised just might save someones life. What trophy/prize could be better then that?

If you are really looking for someone to help with prizes/trophies I have some friends that own businesses that I can ask for you. If this is the track you wish to go down it may also be a good idea to let them pick the winner and do the presentation of the reward if possible.

GotDubs?
Post #30

My biz will sponsor a minor trophy. Im sure if u asked Boosted S15 his would too.

~*b*~
Post #31

Actually now that you guys have mentioned it, thats a good idea. For each category that you have matt (ie car sound) link up a company to suit to sponsor one trophy. For example you could have something like Best Interior - sponsored by Precise Trimming (i dunno what ur catergories are this is just an idea!).. but yeah.

NewlyAwakeN
Post #32

yeah rick i understand what you are talking about mate smile.gif

some ppl though don't see that side of the coin that we see though ....

but yeah i'm still in the organising stage so expect a pm rick and a few other guys smile.gif

QUOTE (DSTRYR @ Jan 7 2004, 10:17 AM)
My biz will sponsor a minor trophy. Im sure if u asked Boosted S15 his would too.

me to man. BJF Web Design will also be happy to donate money for a Trophie to go towards the day. Just let me know how much you will need.

Sir Holden
Post #34

i reckon the best thing to do would be like a perpertual trophy for each category, get one business to sponser each one (like the Autobarn trophy for best sound system) and then make this event a yearly event and the winner each year gets their name put on the trophy. so like next year the winner would get their name on the trophy plus they could see who has won it b4 them

QUOTE (holden_all_the_way @ Jan 7 2004, 01:04 PM)
i reckon the best thing to do would be like a perpertual trophy for each category, get one business to sponser each one (like the Autobarn trophy for best sound system) and then make this event a yearly event and the winner each year gets their name put on the trophy. so like next year the winner would get their name on the trophy plus they could see who has won it b4 them

as much as i would love to run a charity event once a year it's a lot of work and time preperation needed .... lots of authority from the council and takes it out of you .....

great idea but this one is being held to be in honour of a special event for myself to show my respect .... and i'm sure everyone else will feel the same biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x