Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead  

Bob
  • Bob
  • Naughty or nice, He will crush you.
  • Member No.: 97,818
Post #1 post 3rd February 2014 - 06:04 AM
Philip Seymour Hoffman has died in his New York City apartment from a possible drug overdose, according to local news media.

The Oscar-winning actor's body was found alone with a needle in his arm in the bathroom of his fourth-floor West Village apartment around 11.30am Sunday morning local time (3.30am AEST), the New York Daily News reports, citing an unnamed police source.
The 46-year-old actor reportedly struggled with heroin abuse.
Hoffman, a father-of-three, was found by a friend who had become concerned at not being able to reach him, the New York Times reports.
Emergency services were called but they were unable to revive him.

Police are at the scene and a medical examiner will determine the exact cause of death, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Hoffman won the Academy Award for Best Actor for the 2005 film Capote..
His breakout role was 1997's Boogie Nights and he also received accolades for his roles in The Big Lebowski and Magnolia.
He was planning to direct Ezekiel Moss, a ghost story that was set to star Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal.
In 2006 Hoffman publicly admitted that he nearly succumbed to substance abuse after graduating from New York University's drama school, but managed to get sober in rehab, the New York Post reports.
"It was all that (drugs and alcohol), yeah. It was anything I could get my hands on … I liked it all," he said in a 60 Minutes interview at the time.

Last year Hoffman reportedly checked himself into rehab again after a relapse.

Such cry times

--------------------
QUOTE (La Bomba @ Dec 16 2010, 12:00 AM) *
I also beat TwinCam16 when he tried to be a wiseguy and came to newcastle, and fucking layed down traction in his pulsars face. He ended up trying to tail swipe me but I blinded him with a 187kmh drift and he spun of the road.
Doc
Post #2

Another talent wasted by the drugs

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x