Shuff's General Chat Thread ... #73 - Talk about anything and everything...  

Page 419 of 487
Jump to page
alpharx7
Post #14631

That's about what i've come to expect from her, i'd like to say that she is that dumb but clearly she's has no shame...... rolleyes.gif

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/white-hou...-084026429.html

White House responds to Bush and Obama criticising the state of the US: They weren't talking about Trump

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama weren't criticising Donald Trump in their Thursday comments.
She was asked repeatedly about what the two presidents said.
Both Bush and Obama made waves on Thursday after they lambasted the state of US politics.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said at Friday's press briefing that recent criticism from Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama was not directed at President Donald Trump.

Both Bush and Obama lambasted US political culture in separate Thursday speeches, drawing in plenty of attention despite the fact that neither mentioned Trump by name.

Sanders was first asked about the comments from the past two presidents when a reporter mentioned a comment Bush made at his Thursday speech about how "bigotry seems emboldened" and "our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication."

Sanders, seizing on the last half of the statement, blamed the press for that sentiment.

"I think if anybody is pushing a lot of fabricated things right now, it's coming from the news media," she said. "And we would certainly agree with that sentiment."

"What about the bigotry?" another reporter shouted out. Sanders, however, did not answer, instead saying she already called on another reporter.

The speeches were brought up later in the briefing as well, when a reporter asked when Bush and Trump last spoke.

"I'm not sure the last time he spoke to President Bush," Sanders said. "But it's our understanding that those comments were not directed towards the president. And in fact, when these two individuals, both past presidents, have criticised the president, they have done so by name and very rarely do it without being pretty direct as both of them tend to be, so we will take them at their word that these actions and comments were not directed towards the president."

The pair of presidents made their comments at two Thursday events separated by less than 20 miles. First was Bush, the most recent former Republican president. He blasted the state of US politics in his most pointed commentary since Trump took office in January.

"In recent decades, public confidence in our institutions has declined," the 43rd president said at an event in New York hosted by his namesake institute. "Our governing class has often been paralysed in the face of obvious and pressing needs. The American dream of upward mobility seems out of reach for some who feel left behind in a changing economy. Discontent deepened and sharpened partisan conflicts. Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication."

Later that day, in nearby Newark, New Jersey, Obama hit the campaign trail for the first time since leaving office, criticising the "politics of division" that "we see now."

"What we can't have is the same old politics of division that we have seen so many times before that dates back centuries," Obama said at an event for the Democratic gubernatorial candidate Phil Murphy in New Jersey. "Some of the things we see now, we thought we put that to bed. That's folks looking 50 years back. It's the 21st century, not the 19th century."

It's long-standing tradition for past presidents and vice presidents to provide a grace period for a new administration, during which they do not provide commentary critical of the current White House. While both Bush and Obama did not mention Trump, the criticism of US politics from both men is unprecedented at this young stage of a presidency.

It is rare for former presidents to criticise an administration at any point, even past the so-called grace period.

alpharx7
Post #14632

i was just reading a news story about this the other day.......will be good to see Chris Hemsworth in something other than a marvel movie playing Thor.

alpharx7
Post #14633

alpharx7
Post #14634

This should be good (hopefully) I read a few weeks ago that the promo that they'd been planning to do for the series at one of the Comic Con's over in America was suspended on account of the Vegas shooting. Due out this year from the scuttlebutt that i'm hearing.

alpharx7
Post #14635

alpharx7
Post #14636

Keeping it classy as always Salim rolleyes.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50...phone-call.html

'Your mum is going to get f***ing raped today': Police investigating claims Salim Mehajer threatened custom car mechanic in vile abusive phone call

Disgraced businessman Salim Mehajer threatens to rape a man in leaked call
Mehajer allegedly made the threats to staff at a vehicle repair shop in Sydney
'Your mum's going to get f****** raped today you f****** dog,' he reportedly said
Bankstown detectives are investigating the recording after it leaked on Tuesday

Disgraced businessman Salim Mehajer has allegedly threatened to rape a custom car mechanic in a vicious and expletive-ridden phone recording.

Police are investigating after a man, reportedly Mehajer, was recorded making disgusting threats to a staff member at Queen St Customs, a vehicle repair shop in Revesby, in Sydney's west.

'You f****** Shia dog, I'm going to f****** rape you,' the man on the phone can be heard saying.

Threats were also made to rape the mechanic's mother in the recording which was leaked bySeven News on Tuesday.

'Your mum's going to get f****** raped today you f****** dog.'

In the tirade of abuse, derogatory comments were also made about the man's religion, Shia Islam.

'I'm going to rape your mum and your dad': Salim Mehajer's...

'You're a Shia dog, you mother*****,' were heard on the recording.

The recording is now being investigated by Bankstown detectives.

Detectives reportedly questioned witnesses to the abusive phone call on Tuesday.

The victim of the verbal abuse told Seven News he did not want to be identified.

He also said he was surprised the phone call was leaked and did not know how the police obtained a recording.

Mehajer is no stranger to allegations of abusive tirades.

In 2016 Mehajer filmed himself threatening to rape the parents of his estranged wife Aysha in a shocking video message filmed after the pair separated.

'Aysha, you've got five minutes to give me a call… I'm going to rape your mum. Your mum and your f****** dad,' Mehajer said.

In the confronting video, Mehajer also told his estranged wife 'I hoope you die you f****** sl**'.

The video was reportedly sent to Aysha after the former beauty therapist moved out of Mehajer's home in 2016.

Salim Mehajer's shocking threats to wife Aysha and her parents

Mehajer was rushed to hospital last Monday after he crashed his car on his way to court.

He failed to show up to two separate hearings last week on medical grounds, with a spokesman for Mehajer slamming claims the accident was staged as 'evil' and 'ludicrous'.

He appeared in court on Tuesday over a civil dispute related to a land transaction.

In September 2015, Salim Mehajer was also accused of making vicious threats to a man at his gym.

Mehejar reportedly threatened to kidnap Lindt siege survivor Joel Herat after an incident with Mr Herat's father Bruce at a gym in Burwood, Sydney's inner-west.

Mr Herat told a Burwood court Mehajer told him 'I'm going to find where you live motherf***** and I'm going to kidnap your children'.

Mehajer was not convicted, telling the judge 'those certain words don't exist in my vocabulary'.

alpharx7
Post #14637

a nice little behind the scenes look in prior to the films trailer.....

alpharx7
Post #14638

OverDrive, the new fast&furious franchise, this looks to be almost as bad as the first of their series. i wonder if they have a motec exhaust system. mamoru.gif

available

alpharx7
Post #14639

such a 'new generation' movie for the kids of today. rolleyes.gif

available

alpharx7
Post #14640

well this gave me the tingles mamoru.gif

looks like it'll be a good movie.

alpharx7
Post #14641

available

alpharx7
Post #14642

Bye Bye Banarby Black Sheep........ bowrofl.gif

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/barnaby-j...-164856068.html

alpharx7
Post #14643

alpharx7
Post #14644

alpharx7
Post #14645

alpharx7
Post #14646

a behind the scenes look at the filming of Stargate Origins. thumbsup.gif

this is a fan made series, 10 minute episodes.

alpharx7
Post #14647

alpharx7
Post #14648

All Japanese Day & Classic Day (Brisbane) Japanese Vehicle Shows
13 hrs · Brisbane, QLD ·
Ok people the dates for next years shows are as follows

ALL JAPANESE CLASSIC DAY 4th February 2018

ALL JAPANESE DAY 10th June 2018

Lock these days in going to be big days.

thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #14649

alpharx7
Post #14650

Slav
Post #14651

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Oct 31 2017, 10:02 PM) *
All Japanese Day & Classic Day (Brisbane) Japanese Vehicle Shows
13 hrs · Brisbane, QLD ·
Ok people the dates for next years shows are as follows

ALL JAPANESE CLASSIC DAY 4th February 2018

ALL JAPANESE DAY 10th June 2018

Lock these days in going to be big days.

thumbsup.gif

Yes, hope to be there early this time

Moving to Europe is slowly becoming a reality. Lets hope the process is a little quicker than what it is now.

alpharx7
Post #14652

QUOTE (Slav @ Nov 1 2017, 10:04 AM) *
Yes, hope to be there early this time

Moving to Europe is slowly becoming a reality. Lets hope the process is a little quicker than what it is now.

I didn't make either show this year. Hopefully i'll be at both next year.

Rotary Revival 5 is on at QR on the 12th / Sunday, the following weekend is our cruise up to Bribie Island iirc.

Europe sounds good, although it's a bit unsettled there atm with all the new immigrants. Where were you planning on settling?

wolfman101
Post #14653

Yeah, Europe is the last place I'd go right now (or in the forseeable future). Have you been there recently? It ain't what it used to be.

wolfman101
Post #14654

Man, Shibuya Halloween goes OFF.

Attached File  DSC_0297.JPG ( 6.22MB ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  DSC_0295.JPG ( 6.21MB ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  DSC_0298.JPG ( 5.47MB ) Number of downloads: 6

alpharx7
Post #14655

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Nov 2 2017, 03:04 PM) *
Man, Shibuya Halloween goes OFF.

why does that first picture remind me of this...... mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #14656

available

alpharx7
Post #14657

promo dropped for Season 10 of Street Outlaws. thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #14658

Here's an update of the Oroville Dam Spillways reconstruction after failing 6 months ago.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50...apse-video.html

alpharx7
Post #14659

alpharx7
Post #14660

Slav
Post #14661

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Nov 1 2017, 05:01 PM) *
Europe sounds good, although it's a bit unsettled there atm with all the new immigrants. Where were you planning on settling?

Most likely be Austria. Not interested in other countries such as France, Germany, Italy etc, UK would be nice but their situation is not the best at the moment. All immigrants seems to be going to those countries.

wolfman101
Post #14662

Austria would certainly be one of the least bad. Pretty, too. Are you planning this as a permanent thing? Because I'd still want an escape hatch. Personally I genuinely believe that Europe will be New Africa in about 25 years, and that no country will be unscathed.

alpharx7
Post #14663

available

alpharx7
Post #14664

thumbsup.gif

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/900839-a...rings-tv-series

Amazon in early talks for Lord of the Rings TV Series

Variety reports that Warner Bros. and The Tolkein estate have been quietly shopping around a television series based on J.R.R. Tolkein’s The Lord of the Rings book series and after interest from multiple parties, Amazon has emerged as the front runner for the series’ home. The outlet notes that no deal has been set and that talks are still early; however, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is reportedly “personally involved in the negotiations” for the series.

Though fans will likely scratch their heads at another adaptation of the property so soon after Peter Jackson’s beloved film trilogy, HBO’s Game of Thrones is set to conclude in the coming years and with it leave a giant hole in television programming that The Lord of the Rings could surely fill. Amazon has also been eager to shift their programming slate away from smaller, niche programming and more towards large-scale shows that could have international appeal, another checked box for the Tolkein series.

The Lord of the Rings was first published over the course of a year from July 1954 to October 1955 and would go on to become one of the best-selling novels ever written. Filmmaker Peter Jackson adapted the series into three feature films released in 2001, 2002, and 2003, which combined would go on to gross over $2.9 billion with 30 Academy Award nominations between the three films and 17 wins; The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King won all 11 Oscars it was nominated for, including Best Director and Best Picture. Jackson would go on to adapt Tolkein’s The Hobbit as three feature films, released in 2012, 2013, and 2014, which would have a combined worldwide box office gross that matched The Lord of the Rings. The six films combined have brought in $5.8 billion at the global box office.

alpharx7
Post #14665

new Margot Robbie movie.....

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 419 of 487
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x