Shuff's General Chat Thread ... #73 - Talk about anything and everything...  

Page 411 of 487
Jump to page
alpharx7
Post #14351

available

alpharx7
Post #14352

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sports...aJPI?li=AAgfYrC

Jeff Horn defeated Manny Pacquiao, says the World Boxing Organisation after independent re-score

Jeff Horn has welcomed a World Boxing Organisation review that has concluded he was the true victor of his welterweight title fight against Manny Pacquiao.

The 29-year-old Australian said it was "super timing" as he prepared to board a flight to the United States, where he is set to meet some of the biggest critics of his contentious points win over Pacquiao at the ESPY Awards on Wednesday night in Los Angeles.

"It gives me evidence behind me that I can just use now. Instead of saying I think I won the fight, now a heap of other people - professionally - think I won the fight," Horn told reporters at Brisbane Airport on Tuesday morning.

The WBO re-scored the fight after a call by a Filipino government department to review the 'Battle of Brisbane' on July 2, won by Horn by unanimous decision in an upset.

Five anonymous judges reviewed the fight, determining Horn won the first, second, fourth, sixth, seventh, 10th and 12th rounds, while others were scored in favour of Pacquiao.

In a statement released from Puerto Rico, the WBO said that Horn won seven rounds to Pacquiao's five.

alpharx7
Post #14353

available

alpharx7
Post #14354

available

alpharx7
Post #14355

mamoru.gif thumbsup.gif

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-40...source=facebook

Australian plane passenger checks in can of beer

The can was checked in for a flight from Melbourne to Perth

A man has successfully checked in a can of beer as his only luggage on a domestic flight in Australia.

The man, identified in media as Dean Stinson, said he and a friend had come up with the idea as a joke.

The can arrived, tagged and unopened, as the first item on the baggage carousel at Perth Airport after a four-hour journey from Melbourne.

The airline, Qantas, said it did not encourage other travellers to follow suit.
"This guy's done it and he's won the internet for the day, so we're happy to move on," a spokesman said in a statement to the BBC.

The can arrived before other luggage, Mr Stinson said

Mr Stinson told AFP news agency he was pleased the can had arrived safely on Saturday.
"And it was in perfect condition," he added.

The airline does not charge an additional fee for checked baggage.

Attached File  can_of_beer.jpg ( 28.77K ) Number of downloads: 4

alpharx7
Post #14356

alpharx7
Post #14357

wolfman101
Post #14358

Just got back from NYC for business/pleasure. Man, I'll tell you what - it's been a few years since I've been there, and I cam away with a much more negative impression this time. I imagine it's because last time I hadn't lived in Tokyo previously, and was only really comparing it to smaller cities, so it seemed "big and exciting". Now that I've been nearly a year in the most populous city on Earth, NYC actually just leaves me embarrassed for them about how dirty, noisy generally shitty the place is. It's certainly not as bad as a European capital, but it's still not great. How the hell does Tokyo manage to cram even more people in per square meter, yet be quiet, orderly, clean and polite? It's amazing, and I can't believe the degree to which I've come to take it for granted.

Looked at an SLR while I was there. Mind made up I think.

Attached File  DSC_1307.JPG ( 6.45MB ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  DSC_1308.JPG ( 5.34MB ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  DSC_1309.JPG ( 4.34MB ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  DSC_1310.JPG ( 5.52MB ) Number of downloads: 4

alpharx7
Post #14359

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jul 13 2017, 11:58 PM) *
Just got back from NYC for business/pleasure. Man, I'll tell you what - it's been a few years since I've been there, and I cam away with a much more negative impression this time. I imagine it's because last time I hadn't lived in Tokyo previously, and was only really comparing it to smaller cities, so it seemed "big and exciting".

Now that I've been nearly a year in the most populous city on Earth, NYC actually just leaves me embarrassed for them about how dirty, noisy generally shitty the place is. It's certainly not as bad as a European capital, but it's still not great. How the hell does Tokyo manage to cram even more people in per square meter, yet be quiet, orderly, clean and polite? It's amazing, and I can't believe the degree to which I've come to take it for granted.

Looked at an SLR while I was there. Mind made up I think.

thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #14360

Donald Trump Jr. Is His Own 'Deepthroat'

alpharx7
Post #14361

alpharx7
Post #14362

available

alpharx7
Post #14363

alpharx7
Post #14364

alpharx7
Post #14365

the story line is highlighted in this trailer better than had been done in the first trailer released last month. looks pretty good...

alpharx7
Post #14366

get your geek on. tongue.gif thumbsup.gif

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Behind the Scenes - It's A Wrap (2017)
Movieclips Trailers

Published on Jul 15, 2017
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Behind the Scenes - It's A Wrap (2017): Check out the new behind the scenes footage starring Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Mark Hamill!

alpharx7
Post #14367

the trailer for Avengers: Infinity Wars was shown at the D23 Expo yesterday - it's still under NDA, so anyone who was in the audience and posts it is having a copyright challenge claim bought by the studio. This is some of the cast on stage.

alpharx7
Post #14368

alpharx7
Post #14369

alpharx7
Post #14370

s04e01 of the strain is available, as well as game of thrones. !!! beer.gif

alpharx7
Post #14371

alpharx7
Post #14372

thumbsup.gif

2017 Nissan R35 GT-R, Hakosuka & R32 Skyline: The Godzilla Legend Lives on! - Ignition Ep. 176
Motor Trend Channel

Published on Jul 17, 2017
On this episode of Ignition presented by Tire Rack (http://www.tirerack.com), we bring the Nissan R35 GT-R, now in its ninth model year, to meet the two generations of GT-R that created the Godzilla legend. First, we drive a C10 Hakosuka Skyline GT-R, the first Nissan to wear the badge, to hear the sounds of the 7,400-rpm S20 straight-six in all of its incredible 24-valve glory. Then, MOTOR TREND Senior Features Editor Jason Cammisa takes an R32 Skyline GT-R out to see if the twin turbos can overwhelm the computer-controlled all-wheel drive. Do these old Skylines live up to their reputation, or have the hands of time eroded their greatness? And how does the current GT-R fit into the story?

alpharx7
Post #14373

r.i.p. rx7 ugh.gif

alpharx7
Post #14374

alpharx7
Post #14375

available

alpharx7
Post #14376

thumbsup.gif

Slav
Post #14377

Pretty exciting to see the previous gen C63 and M3 prices in the high to mid $40k bracket. I would buy one but I would have to deal with the depreciation as well.I will get attached and keep it for too long.

alpharx7
Post #14378

available

alpharx7
Post #14379

coming to the Supercars on an invitational basis next year at certain events, this is what you'll see debuting full time come 2019.

Craig Lowndes drives the Holden V6 Twin Turbo Supercar engine at full noise
Red Bull Holden Racing Team

Published on Jul 19, 2017
Exclusive first on-track vision and sound of the 635BHP Holden V6 Twin Turbo Supercar engine driven by Craig Lowndes at Norwell Motorplex in the Triple Eight Race Engineering built Holden Sandman.

alpharx7
Post #14380

alpharx7
Post #14381

wolfman101
Post #14382

QUOTE (Slav @ Jul 19 2017, 04:34 PM) *
Pretty exciting to see the previous gen C63 and M3 prices in the high to mid $40k bracket. I would buy one but I would have to deal with the depreciation as well.I will get attached and keep it for too long.

I think it's not impossible that they might stabilise as people realise just how horrible the new ones look.

Also, I booked my Suzuka F1 tickets!

alpharx7
Post #14383

available

alpharx7
Post #14384

Restoring a mazda cosmo - there's 8 episodes out atm, not sure on how many to go. It's in dutch but meh. thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #14385

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jul 20 2017, 12:41 PM) *
I think it's not impossible that they might stabilise as people realise just how horrible the new ones look.

Also, I booked my Suzuka F1 tickets!

tell us how accurate race car dog imitates the F1 cars when you go. thumbsup.gif

mamoru.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 411 of 487
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x