Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
Brett gts-4
  • Brett gts-4
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 41,875
Post #1 post 31st August 2007 - 04:20 AM
hey guys/girls Brett here,
haven't been on here for a long time but i was wondering if anyone would be interested in a fundraising event to help support the kokoda industries organisation, kokoda industries is the only supported employment opportunity for people with intellectual disabilities in Darwin / Palmerston. Kokoda offers employment to people with disabilities once they leave school who are unable to seek employment in the community without support. Kokoda is a non government organisation and relies on government subsidy, income generated by the buisness and fundraising events. Empolyment to people with disability offers them valued status within our community. Kokoda are always looking for other options of employment to generate income for people with disabilities, new equipment is always required to upgrade current work sites and purchase new equipment for new employment opportunites.

so i was thinking that maybe we could do a cruise with an entry donation or a bbq or even a car wash, anything really to help these guys out coz if the community wont help out who will? people with disabilites have the same rights to work as anyone else.

so if anyone has any productive ideas it would be great to hear from you, it would be great if we can get a decent amount of support with this as it really is for a good cause, and all money donated will be spent in Darwin/ palmerston.

thanks guys for having a look. hope to see some more ideas soon. thumbsup.gif
RBNT
Post #2

Ill participate in that mate fo shizzle.

super_s13
Post #3

I the missus and the Micra will be there for sure man

NO4BANGER
Post #4

sounds like a great idea...and for a good cause...if u get something set out then me n some of the katherine guys may come up for it

Brett gts-4
Post #5

thanks for the positive feedback guys just gonna need a bit more from other members and maybe some ideas aswell thanks guys, also i haven't set a date or anything but will more than likely be on a sunday.

zmit
Post #6

thumbsup.gif ill be in.....

gemzu
Post #7

I think Cruise and BBQ's work well - depending on numbers etc - a good place to finish it is Nightcliff Foreshore where the BBQ's are.

See if you can get a Bakery and a Butcher to sponsor and even the BBQ will make a profit - ie gold coin for the BBQ.

Ummm that's the easiest idea I'd think.

super_s13
Post #8

I would agree Meg i may be able to get my old work to sponsor us something in the bread department. When it is closer Brett lat me know numbers and how much you will need.

I would go the cruise but if your going to do it i would not leave it much longer to do it as it is staarting to get hot there for people get hot annoyed and will wanna go home. Possibly even have something to do with the Nightcliff Pool for a swim after wards

Jaqule
Post #9

I is in !

Axecent
Post #10

i'll be in it it sounds like a good idea

super_s13
Post #11

Has this gone any further man.

possessd
Post #12

yeah im in for sure we could all start at nightcliff foreshore and go all round darwin from cas to nigfhtcliff to town and then park up across the road from bp go and present a small show and shine and then back to the beach for some mad snags yeah

super_s13
Post #13

^^ can you get your mum to make greek food Hmmm YIROS. tongue.gif

SIKUNIT
Post #14

Didnt even see this, but i is in.

zmit
Post #15

hmm... how are we gonna pull off the show and shine though???

otherwise that whole plan sounds really really good

super_s13
Post #16

Scrap the show and shine and just leave it to open your bonnets and if your wanna have a looksie than you do if not you stand around and talk shit then move on.

possessd
Post #17

true true i dont know about the yiros part might have them for myself lol

Brett gts-4
Post #18

hey guys good to see a bit more inetrest, just a thought, what sort of donation would people be happy to donate, cash is obviously the most usable of course, and how much? one of the options is that the guys you'll be supporting can do a car wash as well or something similar, it would be good for them to be able to get involved as well. basically ideas on whats gonna work and make the most money for these guys, and when would be the best time to do it? ideas please

super_s13
Post #19

Mate it is your thing so idealy you will need to make it happen. I would say around $20 entry would be fair and that covers you for a can of drink and a steak sanga at where ever you decide to stop as you can buy cheap meat maybe get it donated and some drinks.

Becky
Post #20

its a great idea but...

just be careful with fund raising events for things like this....make sure that there is someone from the organisation there to collect the funds, notify the police (if large numbers of nice cars, just a courtesy thing) ....and make sure that no one plays "silly buggers" .... all of this needs to be taken into consideration....along with whether or not it would be an alcohol free event etc

Being a member of CanTeen i know from previous fund raising events that its always a stupid select few that can really ruin the event and piss off the organisation involved by their actions etc....

if its a day where i am not working, count me in....

Brett gts-4
Post #21

yes i realise i need to make it happen just after a few ideas thats all, also becky, the managment, admin and support staff will be attending. police will be notified, at this stage we'll say it will be held on the 23rd of september which is a sunday so if anyone could get maybe some food or some cans of drink donated or can be bought cheap please let me know in a pm. and as becky mentioned it will be an alcohol free event.

so far the plans are as follows:
11:00am- meet at cas beach (top car park) for a meet and greet with drivers to explain any details that need to be said. where the CEO of the orginisation will be there to collect donations.
11:30am- leave cas beach area and head into town via vanderlin drive and down mcmillins road, onto bagot road, and into town, (that way we get a bit of a drive at least). and then back to nightcliff pool car park for a bbq lunch open to the public to buy, however cost of entry will cover lunch for cruise members.

entry fee/ donation will be $20 for drivers, would be nice if any passengers could throw in $5 if they can spare it.

please note any breaking of road rules will not be tolerated and although police will be notified of the event does not mean your above the law, please remember that.

if i have missed anything or you would like more information just ask here or in a pm thanks

hope to see a good turn out as this is for a good cause for people who really need all the support they can get. thanks again

orange_gem
Post #22

count me in for this. hope im awake in time tho.

super_s13
Post #23

Good stuff Brett All we need now is people to leave a comment saying YES or NO so you have definate numbers for food and drinks,

MADcunz
Post #24

ill be there. nice work brett

Axecent
Post #25

YES i'm in smile.gif sounds good

ELLA
Post #26

me too smile.gif

told_you
Post #27

hey evryone I am new... I was thinking start in town somewhere... then finish at berry springs!!!!!! solves the bbq idea and the swim idea... also then dont have to worry bout paying to get in2 a public pool.. and also alot more room down at berrys for a game of footy or running round etc biggrin.gif

zacowacko
Post #28

QUOTE(told_you @ Sep 10 2007, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1281418579[/snapback]

hey evryone I am new... I was thinking start in town somewhere... then finish at berry springs!!!!!! solves the bbq idea and the swim idea... also then dont have to worry bout paying to get in2 a public pool.. and also alot more room down at berrys for a game of footy or running round etc biggrin.gif

Sounds like a bit of an idea, how aobut something like meet at show grounds head into town, do a lap then head back out to the springs.. just an idea.

Also, what sort of donation were we looking at because im normally short on money, wouldnt be able to afford heaps.

told_you
Post #29

yeah isnt it usually a gold coin donation....... that way more people would be interested and they would more likely spend there other money on the sausage sizzle,,, soft drinks etc..... dunno.gif

super_s13
Post #30

hey a gold coin donation is not enough as there would not be enough of a turn out at the most you would get 100 dollars and then may need to buy drinks and food for the s/sizzle so and entry fee would be needed. Plus it is going to a good cause. Hey Axcent call the radio when it is planned and they will gladly put it over the air then you may get a bigger turnout. They are doing something similar as we speak so call the morning crew.

gemzu
Post #31

Any donation to charity is a good donation

zacowacko
Post #32

i reckon an entry fee of $5 or $10 wouldnt break the bank, and its for charity, maybe include is sizzle in the price of the fee?

told_you
Post #33

smile.gif Yeah gotta get someone to try and organize sponsors... then we don't have to worry bout buying the sausages and stuff outta the donations????? would it be per person.???? or per car????

zacowacko
Post #34

QUOTE(told_you @ Sep 10 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]1281419147[/snapback]

smile.gif Yeah gotta get someone to try and organize sponsors... then we don't have to worry bout buying the sausages and stuff outta the donations????? would it be per person.???? or per car????

maybe something like $10 per car plus gold coin for each passenger?

As for sponsers, if we could get a butcher on board to throw us some snags or something it'd be alot easier.
drool.gif

super_s13
Post #35

It would be prolly $10 for the driver and car and say $5 for each passenger and that would include a can of drink and either a sausage sanga or steak sanga depending on who donate what. Also on the someone has to organise sponsors it would be Brett that did this as it is his thing. He has all the info on it. I would not approach anywhere without all the fact as if they asked Q's which i am sure they will as they will wanna know what they donating towards you don't wanna say well i don't know but can you still give us something.

Let us know Brett. Should be a good turnout.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x