Police Secretive On Tunnel Camera Locations - Police remain tight-lipped on location of lucrative tunnel speed cams.  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
Mcleod
  • Mcleod
  • Senior User
  • Member No.: 1
Post #1 post 19th March 2013 - 05:16 PM
POLICE have refused to reveal the exact location of Clem7 and Brisbane Airportlink fixed speed cameras that are snapping up a storm.

The tunnels might not be generating much cash for operators, but the motorists who are using the tollways are spending more than $13,000 a day on speeding tickets.

Six fixed speed cameras are rotated around 10 locations in Airportlink and there are eight in the Clem7, but their exact locations have never been revealed, unlike roadside fixed speed cameras.

Figures provided by the Queensland Police Service show in the four months from October 2012, 8291 tickets were issued to motorists in the Clem7 and Brisbane Airportlink tunnels.

Despite having less traffic, more motorists copped fines in the Clem7 (4373) than Airportlink (3918), which has speed limit signs every 60m.

However the highest speed of 191km/h - or 111km/h over the limit - was recorded in the eight-month-old Airportlink.

The highest speeds clocked in the Clem7 were 163km/h in January - more than double the 80km/h limit - and 165km/h last year.

Under current regulations, motorists can only be fined once per trip, regardless of how many times they may be detected speeding.

State Traffic Support Branch Acting Superintendent Paul Fogg said the intensive enforcement of the speed limit was necessary in the tunnels.

"Any speeding is of concern, but especially in a tunnel, which is a closed atmosphere and can be difficult for emergency services to access," Supt Fogg said, adding there were no plans to install point-to-point cameras in Airportlink to measure a vehicle's average speed.

Latest data shows an average 23,217 vehicles a day use the Clem7 tunnel, and the Airportlink averages 47,000 vehicles a day.

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensl...f-1226600981962

--------------------
:: BoostCruising :: The Automotive enthusiasts site with extensive Car Sales, loads of Car Parts, mags, wheels and Tyre Sales, along with subs, tweeters, head units, speakers, heaps of Car Audio. Over a million Aussie's can't be wrong!
mark1414
Post #2

Need something to make some money in there.

Rick Grimes
Post #3

I thought the cameras in there were point to point cameras?
Otherwise if they are stanbdard cameras then my friend would have a huge pile of tickets due to doing ~70 through the 60 zones in the airport link.
And it's not ard to spot the cameras anyway, they are on a big black rig every couple hundred metres over the right hand lane in the clem and middle lanes in airport link

wasas
Post #4

Cameras in the clem... nrth bound @ meter markers 12 30 30 38, and basically the same for sth bound. Look for 2 sets of white reflectors about an inch or 2 above the road.

As for the Airport link, I'd like to properly know but I never drive through there.

Gemadore
Post #5

...and they wonder why both are in receivership with lack of patronage. I never use them.

ajaay.
Post #6

I don't know about anyone else but when I am entering a tunnel my number 1 concern is speed camera's. Highway sure, 10-15 over the limit but in the Clem 7 ? Come on, do these people have no common sense ?

factoryau
Post #7

As above why speed in the tunnel seriouslyalthough p2p cameras seams more likely. Im not sure why people even pay these fines. Take them to court! These are privately owned, roads tollways, The police have no right to fine anyone on a privately owned road. They have as much right to fine you there as they do to fine you for speed on your on your property.

Twat In The Hat
Post #8

Hahahahaha

TwinCam16
Post #9

As mentioned above, the cameras are PISS easy to locate, there is reflectors on the road.. In both tunnels.

crpstra
Post #10

QUOTE (factoryau @ Mar 22 2013, 10:30 AM) *
As above why speed in the tunnel seriouslyalthough p2p cameras seams more likely. Im not sure why people even pay these fines. Take them to court! These are privately owned, roads tollways, The police have no right to fine anyone on a privately owned road. They have as much right to fine you there as they do to fine you for speed on your on your property.

Funny that.

Twat In The Hat
Post #11

It's very funny.

factoryau
Post #12

You say funny but can you prove to me according to their statute rules were a policeman can ticket you on private property/road?
I was driving to the brisbane airport several months ago, if no one has noticed on entry to that road there is a sign that says "Not a public road owned by the bribane airport corporation" I was "caught" doing 124 on that road after the usual licence and rego and do you realise what speed you were doing? I told him about the sign & I asked under what statute can he fine me on a private/ not government owned road? Was he employed by brisbane airport to patrol the road? I will take this to court. He took my licence went to his car for 10min or so then handed it back to me & didnt say a thing & drove off.

Twat In The Hat
Post #13

Certain roads are actual 'private' property with permission for others to use it.. Privately owned PUBLIC roads do not fall in this category. If it has a legal SPEED LIMIT sign, then a speed on that road is enforceable.

Want to prove me wrong? Call your QPS Enquiries line.. or even Legal Aid and ask them.

angusmacgyver:)
Post #14

QUOTE (factoryau @ Mar 22 2013, 10:30 AM) *

vk134
Post #15

QUOTE (factoryau @ Mar 22 2013, 11:59 AM) *
You say funny but can you prove to me according to their statute rules were a policeman can ticket you on private property/road?
I was driving to the brisbane airport several months ago, if no one has noticed on entry to that road there is a sign that says "Not a public road owned by the bribane airport corporation" I was "caught" doing 124 on that road after the usual licence and rego and do you realise what speed you were doing? I told him about the sign & I asked under what statute can he fine me on a private/ not government owned road? Was he employed by brisbane airport to patrol the road? I will take this to court. He took my licence went to his car for 10min or so then handed it back to me & didnt say a thing & drove off.

Mmm ok, HP plod would be best to answer this, BUT in the era of 85 to 88, there was the ruling in places like shopping centres that were effectively private roads,but the road had to be closed at least for a certain amount of hours to be deemed a private road. I can think of Garden City, Chermside and Toombul that used to chain off their entrances, pre all the Sunday trading crap. We used to be able to use these as mini motorkhana areas and not have to worry about the police.

The other exception was the Brisbane Airport road when it was part of the Federal airports commission, there was a Telecom site there and the police comms, the officers there said they had no powers, but the federal police did. It was a simple in and out road, after last flights, we would normally line up inbound, do the standing 1klm run then do a u turn before airport main turn, then a run back, we never were hassled by the QPS.

OTC, Railways and Telecom had lots of private roads, magnificent hillclimb circuits, Takura Heights, Mt Goonanamen, Mt Kent, Wild horse mountain etc, all across qld and they definitely safe areas to play free from any police issues.

But in your case I would not have though you could get away with it.

Post #16

brb , going to max out the ute over the gateway bridge

wolfman101
Post #17

QUOTE (ajaay. @ Mar 22 2013, 09:02 AM) *
I don't know about anyone else but when I am entering a tunnel my number 1 concern is speed camera's. Highway sure, 10-15 over the limit but in the Clem 7 ? Come on, do these people have no common sense ?

LOL

HP Plod
Post #18

QUOTE (vk134 @ Mar 22 2013, 04:42 PM) *
Mmm ok, HP plod would be best to answer this, BUT in the era of 85 to 88, there was the ruling in places like shopping centres that were effectively private roads,but the road had to be closed at least for a certain amount of hours to be deemed a private road. I can think of Garden City, Chermside and Toombul that used to chain off their entrances, pre all the Sunday trading crap. We used to be able to use these as mini motorkhana areas and not have to worry about the police.

The other exception was the Brisbane Airport road when it was part of the Federal airports commission, there was a Telecom site there and the police comms, the officers there said they had no powers, but the federal police did. It was a simple in and out road, after last flights, we would normally line up inbound, do the standing 1klm run then do a u turn before airport main turn, then a run back, we never were hassled by the QPS.

OTC, Railways and Telecom had lots of private roads, magnificent hillclimb circuits, Takura Heights, Mt Goonanamen, Mt Kent, Wild horse mountain etc, all across qld and they definitely safe areas to play free from any police issues.

But in your case I would not have though you could get away with it.

Most offences in these acts relate to "on a road", road related area or elsewhere on a road

The definition of a road defines it as a place where it's open to public use for driving (paraphrased)

Privately owned road or not, if it has a gazetted speed, it is enforceable, as the road is open to public use

Car parks are the same

wat'r
Post #19

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Mar 23 2013, 12:11 PM) *
Most offences in these acts relate to "on a road", road related area or elsewhere on a road

The definition of a road defines it as a place where it's open to public use for driving (paraphrased)

Privately owned road or not, if it has a gazetted speed, it is enforceable, as the road is open to public use

Car parks are the same

My personal favourite this one is. Enforceable for all the rules of the road but...

If you have an accident in a car park and ring the Police.... all of a sudden it is private property and the Police won't attend.

Been through this twice over the years sad.gif

Desu
Post #20

QUOTE (Rick Grimes @ Mar 20 2013, 02:25 PM) *
I thought the cameras in there were point to point cameras?
Otherwise if they are stanbdard cameras then my friend would have a huge pile of tickets due to doing ~70 through the 60 zones in the airport link.
And it's not ard to spot the cameras anyway, they are on a big black rig every couple hundred metres over the right hand lane in the clem and middle lanes in airport link

There's 60 zones in the airport link?! fcuk I went through there last night.

Rick Grimes
Post #21

At the Kedron end it changes to 60km for the last 300m on the exit and the first 800or so m for the enterance

sucra
Post #22

Just do the speed limit and you don't have to worry about the cameras, i use it 5 times a week and saves me 10mins on my travel to and from work. Love it.

HP Plod
Post #23

QUOTE (wat'r @ Mar 23 2013, 12:21 PM) *
My personal favourite this one is. Enforceable for all the rules of the road but...

If you have an accident in a car park and ring the Police.... all of a sudden it is private property and the Police won't attend.

Been through this twice over the years sad.gif

Effectively car parks are private property, they do not have gazetted roads, therefore there is nothing we can do for your woes, drink driving however different story, this is where we would classify it as "elsewhere" under the definition of drink driving, drink drive anywhere private property, paddock, everywhere it's an offence.

TwinCam16
Post #24

QUOTE (sucra @ Mar 23 2013, 09:14 PM) *
Just do the speed limit and you don't have to worry about the cameras, i use it 5 times a week and saves me 10mins on my travel to and from work. Love it.

Oh just shut the fcuk up would you.

Twat In The Hat
Post #25

Been there, done that. Not getting involved.

TwinCam16
Post #26

QUOTE (Twat In The Hat @ Mar 24 2013, 09:09 AM) *
WTF? Fair enough it's offtopic, but he's allowed to voice his opinion. Why should he shut the fcuk up?

Because like you, it's the same old boring shit time and time again when it comes to this topic.

Someone asked a decent question and the typical goodie goodie two shoes response that is guaranteed to follow.

vk134
Post #27

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Mar 24 2013, 08:22 AM) *
Effectively car parks are private property, they do not have gazetted roads, therefore there is nothing we can do for your woes, drink driving however different story, this is where we would classify it as "elsewhere" under the definition of drink driving, drink drive anywhere private property, paddock, everywhere it's an offence.

I didn't know that, I thought it was up to your own stupidity on private property, but I suppose you would have to be doing something stupid to attract the attention to be tested for it

Twat In The Hat
Post #28

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Mar 24 2013, 10:32 AM) *
Because like you, it's the same old boring shit time and time again when it comes to this topic.

Someone asked a decent question and the typical goodie goodie two shoes response that is guaranteed to follow.

It's the blokes 3rd post. Pull your head out of your arse. Just because someone has some fcuking brains and agrees that if you pay a bit of attention to your car and NOT speed, then you have nothing to worry about, doesn't mean they are a 'goodie goodie two shoes'. It's a forum, it's for people to voice your opinions. Just like mine.. You call it boring old shit.. Well people whinging about speed cameras is also boring old shit.. But typically, you share their view so it's fine.

Post #29

QUOTE (Twat In The Hat @ Mar 24 2013, 10:00 AM) *
It's the blokes 3rd post. Pull your head out of your arse. Just because someone has some fcuking brains and agrees that if you pay a bit of attention to your car and NOT speed, then you have nothing to worry about, doesn't mean they are a 'goodie goodie two shoes'. It's a forum, it's for people to voice your opinions. Just like mine.. You call it boring old shit.. Well people whinging about speed cameras is also boring old shit.. But typically, you share their view so it's fine.

clutch-monkey
Post #30

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Mar 24 2013, 08:22 AM) *

you'd have to be real unlucky to get done for that though i'm assuming haha

TXR05
Post #31

Wait? So plod, If I'm driving on my 40 acre property, drunk and doing skids. I can be done for drink driving only and not skids?

HP Plod
Post #32

QUOTE (TXR05 @ Mar 24 2013, 06:38 PM) *
Wait? So plod, If I'm driving on my 40 acre property, drunk and doing skids. I can be done for drink driving only and not skids?

Effectively yes

Slysilvia
Post #33

the likely hood of that happening is dead set doubtful ^^

Rick Grimes
Post #34

Unless you roll your paddock basher and go to hospital and there is an investigation

HP Plod
Post #35

QUOTE (Slysilvia @ Mar 24 2013, 11:41 PM) *
the likely hood of that happening is dead set doubtful ^^

Here's our booze bus for such a purpose, you'll note that we have an apparatus to catch those who run

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x