Vt To Vs Brake Upgrade - Need help  

JayJay
  • JayJay
  • life is an illusion
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 4,215
Post #1 post 31st October 2012 - 12:55 AM
Hello all. I don't need help in the normal way for this conversion. What I am after is someone is the ACT area that is willing to lend me their VS model commodore. Reason for VS is the brake lines bolt straight up to the VT master cylinder. I have designed a custom bracket the allows the VT Master and Boost to be bolted straight up to the VS Series firewall. I have one on my car which was a success and works a treat. I need some one that already has the VT Brakes on their car but not the master or booster. I just have a slightly revised version of this bracket with slightly less angle on the firewall side That I need to check that everything clears.

The prototype has worked very well on mine and everything bolted straight up with the only modification needing to be on the brake booster to brake pedal shaft where the hole had to be drilled out to 10mm. If I can get this correct I will have a custom bracket the should work for VL-VS commodores with the VT brake upgrade. Reason for asking for someone to allow me to test a new bracket on their car is because I really couldn't be bothered taking mine off and the person gets the better brake booster/master on their car. All you would need to do is buy from the wreckers, or the like, a VT brake booster and Master cylinder and then time to fit and bleed the brakes.

This would be a hell of a lot cheaper than what other companies are charging for brackets or customised brake booster or customising a VR bracket and changing holes and lengths and the sort. Literally unbolt old booster, bolt up VT booster with bracket and change reseviours from VT to VS. I will also be able to help to ensure that it all works fine.

Must be in the A.C.T area or nearby. PM me for more details.
  • Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x