Adding The Supercharger To Ecotec To Make It An L67  

VU17RE
  • VU17RE
  • New User
  • Member No.: 231,334
Post #1 post 12th October 2012 - 03:57 PM
Ok, seeing as though no-one can fully describe the full amount of action needed to adding the Eaton M90 to the Ecotec to make it an L67. can someone please list the needed components and possible method of doing so... preferably a true professionals response and not a troll-mechanic. thumbsup.gif
I know that, obvs the blower is needed head_wall.gif , the intake manifold to block, the throttle body and extender piece, the fuel rails, the ecu needs to be remapped or an already stock ecu for L67, the harness/es? the 2nd belt and bigger pulley for something? Im also planning on adding a bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors and 10psi pulley, and MAYBE a stage 1 cam...
Please help so i can everything lined up for early next yr.
Christo_Kong
Post #2

It will be cheaper and more viable option to buy a full L67 conversion for $2400-$2800

and the L67 has stronger internals and is already built for boost, if you want to boost a stock ecotec your looking at big dollars for reliability

VU17RE
Post #3

ok what about using an intercooler for 10psi?

Christo_Kong
Post #4

even for decent gains on the stock l67 setup i would recommend an A2A inter-cooler kit, at 10psi i would most definitely get one

180sc
Post #5

You have use the whole l67 top end. so most of what you already listed is right but you need to use the l67 heads as well because the injectors on an l67 are in the head not the manifold. When sourcing heads you will need the rocker covers awell which you should be able to get new from holden since they went through to vy.
You will need the l67 harmonic balancer as it has the extra belt drive you need but you will also need the extra tensioner pulley as well. the alternator is also different and will require the l67 mount. you can add to the list l67 radiator hose arangement as the thermostat is now going to be at the back of the motor and as such is routed completly different.
You should use the 36 pound injectors as a minimum as they have a bit of headroom for more mods still left in them (more then what an ecotec will handle). keep in mind that the l67 internal where designed to handle the boost and ecotec wasnt so if you fit a 10psi pulley it wont handle much abuse before it pops.

All in all the reality of it is you would be better of buying a complete l67 weather you use the lot or get one that has done bigends or the like that way you will have everything needed in one shot.

180sc
Post #6

10psi doesnt need a cooler infact if you put an a2a cooler on you will need to run a smaller pulley just to pick up the lost boost.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x