Finallyyyy Getting Live Axle Conversion - FORD COURIER --> HILUX LIVE AXLE  

aclar67
  • aclar67
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 238,987
Post #1 post 28th June 2012 - 01:46 PM
Finallyyyy getting a live axle conversion on my 02 ford courier hsdance.gif , booked in for mid next month to replace the worst of the worst IFS ever made and get rid of those CV's i keep blowing head_wall.gif .

Should add quiet a bit of lift to it aswell, thinking approx 3" just with standerd hilux suspension, then lockers

This post has been edited by aclar67: Jun 28 2012, 02:03 PM

--------------------
Friends don't let friends apex early
MotoXXX
Post #2

why didnt you just buy a hilux dunno.gif i would guess paying someone to do the swap isnt going to be cheap?

313GNT.Aurion
Post #3

Who are you taking it to mate and how much are they charging? obviously leaf setup not coil?

aclar67
Post #4

QUOTE (MotoXXX @ Jun 28 2012, 02:42 PM) *
why didnt you just buy a hilux dunno.gif i would guess paying someone to do the swap isnt going to be cheap?

this came up a couple of years ago, as new condition 78000k on the clock for 8k so i couldnt say no, but i was hunting for somthing live axle n it just didnt happen lol, but i have grown to love this ute, tonnes of power for a little 4 cyl TDI blows off the hiluxes and its been super reliable except for the cv's and the diff i blew lol, 5k start to finish and mod plated and itll be my ideal 4x4 so why not, and itll be unique, i have only ever seen one other courier with a live axle conversion

aclar67
Post #5

QUOTE (313GNT.Aurion @ Jun 28 2012, 03:27 PM) *
Who are you taking it to mate and how much are they charging? obviously leaf setup not coil?

yeah mate just leaf, but should still be able to get some pretty good flex happening, GIVE IT THE PHAT Racing, mate from works brother in law, he is doing it cheap cause he is trying to get his name out there a bit.

Gerry Giraffe
Post #6

Id pay a little more and get coils in it. Otherwise, keep this updated, keen to see it turn out.

313GNT.Aurion
Post #7

leaf SAS flex's better than coil. but rides worse.

make sure you move the diff/axle forward 50-70mm mate. otherwise you wont be fitting big tyres

aclar67
Post #8

QUOTE (Gerry Giraffe @ Jun 28 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Id pay a little more and get coils in it. Otherwise, keep this updated, keen to see it turn out.

Yeah the only problem with that is its about 12k and the car just isnt worth it lol, but i will keep this updated with pictures and storys.

aclar67
Post #9

QUOTE (313GNT.Aurion @ Jun 29 2012, 07:20 AM) *
leaf SAS flex's better than coil. but rides worse.

make sure you move the diff/axle forward 50-70mm mate. otherwise you wont be fitting big tyres

yeah, it already runs 32" and i think ill only go up to 33" so wont be a huge issue but the guy doing it will be able to sort all that, he has done quiet a few of these, including his own hilux comp rig.

313GNT.Aurion
Post #10

QUOTE (aclar67 @ Jun 29 2012, 08:26 AM) *
yeah, it already runs 32" and i think ill only go up to 33" so wont be a huge issue but the guy doing it will be able to sort all that, he has done quiet a few of these, including his own hilux comp rig.

is 5k your price or is it the going price?

aclar67
Post #11

QUOTE (313GNT.Aurion @ Jun 29 2012, 09:31 AM) *
is 5k your price or is it the going price?

5K is my price because i know his brother in law and he is still trying to get his name out there in QLD a bit, genrally looking at around 7k start to finish and mod plated, probbly cheaper if you supplied your own axles and suspension bits though

313GNT.Aurion
Post #12

Simmilar price to BudsCustoms

bubs1984
Post #13

QUOTE (313GNT.Aurion @ Jun 29 2012, 10:09 AM) *
Simmilar price to BudsCustoms

Actually more expensive than my leaf setup on a 86-05 Hilux for a conversion which uses stock axle internals.

Buddy

mikejoel
Post #14

How much did it cost you?

PSI316
Post #15

^2 - He is Budscustoms.

Gerry Giraffe
Post #16

Hows work going on this?? Any progress pics??

aclar67
Post #17

its not yet :/ the guy doing it has been at comps every weekend, so its been delayed a bit, but still a goAAA

90GXLiberty
Post #18

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x