Rb26dett Install Into A S13 Updated 1st July - engine install with pics  

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
321cya
  • 321cya
  • Regular User
  • Member No.: 3,105
Post #1 post 30th April 2006 - 03:06 AM
just though id show pics of a rb26dett install into a s13 that im doin at the moment for somone

it a r33 gtr v-spec (engine i think)

i have removed the gtr sump and modified a r32 gtst sump and oil pick up to suit the gtr engine

the cam cover,coil cover and plemium are painted kandy red which is what the car is getting painted in and the the rocker covers are polished

i will be doing this whole conversion myself (as ive done lots of these rb conversions) i will be wiring up the factory gtr ecu for now untill we decide what turbo(s) to use i will be makin the intercooler piping myself in alloy
will post up more pics as i go with this conversion

--------------------
IPB Image
IETV8S
Post #2

mate thats awsome keep us posted on power figures etc

clutch-monkey
Post #3

good work smile.gif hope to see more updates in the future!

EVOLVE
Post #4

man that sure is awsome although i got one question.

Is it actually easier to put an engine & gearbox through the engine bay then picking it up from underneith? I've seen this done a few times when peopel got conversions done but i don't under stand why. I would just dropped it on the ground not navigate and poull it through the top.

smiley
Post #5

EVOLVE

its easier doign it throught the engine bay... cos you jsut lift it up on the engine crane... that way its inthere without having to have a hoist for the car so you can lower the car ONTO the engine.

321cya
Post #6

QUOTE(EVOLVE @ Apr 30 2006, 09:36 PM) [snapback]6152120[/snapback]

Is it actually easier to put an engine & gearbox through the engine bay then picking it up from underneith? I've seen this done a few times when peopel got conversions done but i don't under stand why. I would just dropped it on the ground not navigate and poull it through the top.

i dont have a hoist

try getting a gtr engine under a car with only axle stands (and getting the car high enough to get the engine under

ive done lot of rb conversion its quicker to go through the top as u have to remove the engine crossmember, steering rack , all powersteering lines, lower control arms, swaybar , radius rods,

EVOLVE
Post #7

oh i get ya,

I guess we we're in a different situation, we've done a few engine rebuilds at home although mostly FWD but we'll use a winch to lower the engine disconnect hook the winch on the car then lift the car. Winch is hooked onto the the fat wooden beam in the garage.

321cya
Post #8

QUOTE(EVOLVE @ Apr 30 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]6152157[/snapback]

oh i get ya,

I guess we we're in a different situation, we've done a few engine rebuilds at home although mostly FWD but we'll use a winch to lower the engine disconnect hook the winch on the car then lift the car. Winch is hooked onto the the fat wooden beam in the garage.

yes if i do a fwd i just drop the motor on the floor and drag it out (as its fwd there light as)

frankxinyu
Post #9

thats awesome work,one thing tho, there is not much room left for further mods...........tight fit,lol. but even in mine, there is not much room any way.

To4Dato
Post #10

As you will be able to see from the pics, its a work in progress.

This car was originally a ca18 turbo auto. When i purchased the car it had an rb20 conversion already done with r32 front brakes, 5 stud converion and s15 standard rims.

I gota say a big thanks to jason making this rb26 conversion happen. He's made this conversion very easy and stress free on my behalf. From the get go hes been always keeping me informed on whats going on and has spared minutes to hours on occasions answering any questions i am to bring up smile.gif He knows his stuff and shows great pride in his work wanting things to look there best and do things right the 1st time and double checking over his work . Does not #*!/ around when it comes to getting a job done. Highy reccommended. Great Guy, Great Help, Great work. Thanks mate. thumbsup.gif

Here’s a little list on what has been done body wise so far:
Wide body 20mm wide front fenders, rear guards 25mm pumped out to nearly 60mm.
I’ve bought adapters that bolt on to the hubs and then the wheels bolt to these, to take care of the now increased gap.
The side skirts and front bar are made for a s14 and got these custom fitted. The front bar I am thinking about modding a little (still unsure). A new grille for between the headlights was also purchased.
I've used the original bonnet and customed it for look and heat transfer when the big fella is working away underneath, by cutting the middle section out and adding some vents either side. (This is still got to have a bit more attention)
I have had the spoiler removed with the holes welded shut and also had the badge on the boot shaved off. The bottom bodyline I have had filled in, for a smoother look. Around the sunroof had to be repaired as it was rusting pretty badly, sections were cut out and a new piece of metal was added to delete this problem.
Yet to do:
Rear bar is yet to be fitted. It is a r33 skyline vielside bar that has to custom fitted. I've also got some rear corners to attach to follow the lines of the side skirt.
I have chosen a chrome sparco fuel cap filler to be attached since the old setup is sunk back; this is to be bought out flush with wide body.
Fit clear taillights.
Paint job. The colour I have chosen is a House of Kolor Kandy Brandywine over a cinder red, I’m also adding a touch of red ice pearl. eek.gif

Mechanical.
Not many engine mods to start with but it'll get there with time once the whole car is complete.
In the process:
Rb26 transplant ohnoes.gif , hybrid gt spec intercooler with custom piping, podfilters, 3inch exhaust, Bosch fuel pump, GFB blow off valve, greddy iridium plugs and turbosmart e-boost. Rb25 gearbox with modified short shifter backed up by a Custom Jim Berry Clutch kit rated at 600hp (also reccommended contact 'Race Clutch' located in brisbane).
R32 front brakes, S15 rear brakes, S15 5stud conversion. Koni fully adjustable suspension up front and koni with king springs at the back.

frankxinyu
Post #11

by the look of it, he did a really good job, have been talking to him on SAU about fitting two T88 turbos into your car,lol.good on u both!

Boostin7
Post #12

Nice man.. lets us know about the power figures

racsov500
Post #13

QUOTE(EVOLVE @ Apr 30 2006, 09:36 PM) [snapback]6152120[/snapback]

youve been working on too many vans!

also its probably a better idea to put the motor in first then get the cam/rocker covers painted later as you might scratch em putting the motor in..

EVOLVE
Post #14

lol not all vans, RWD sedans aswell. We just prefer to drop the lot stuff vaigating it around the firewall with the gearbox attached.

RetardedMonkey
Post #15

QUOTE(racsov500 @ May 1 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]6152444[/snapback]

also its probably a better idea to put the motor in first then get the cam/rocker covers painted later as you might scratch em putting the motor in..

That's the standard colour of the cam/rocker covers on an RB26 from a 33 Vpsec smile.gif

racsov500
Post #16

orly

hmm well note that anyway

thebluerx7
Post #17

coooooool.i would love an rb26 s13.if you dont mind me asking whats a stock gtr motor into s13 conv cost like this one.im sure others would like to know too.

roweysvn
Post #18

Awesome work,

DR1F7
Post #19

I had alot of fun in my RB20, RB25 180sx, But i suffered understear a bit, dont wana know what a 26 would be like, but good luck!

GHOSTrun
Post #20

hmm prolly not that much understeer as the rear wheels would always be leading thumbsup.gif hahaha

btw...dude...that....ummmmmm....front bar...please explain????

tongue.gif

GTRVspec95
Post #21

QUOTE(RetardedMonkey @ May 1 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]6152451[/snapback]

That's the standard colour of the cam/rocker covers on an RB26 from a 33 Vpsec smile.gif

Ahhh ... the cam covers on R33 GT-R V-spec's and Non V-spec's are black Jago rolleyes.gif

321cya
Post #22

just thought id show some quick pics of the custom gearbox mount

standard mount is top moddid one is bottom as u can see not really much difference

its nothing flash (as its under the car)

321cya
Post #23

just thought id show some pics of the rb25yoke welded to the silvia tailshaft

good news was i didnt have to shorten the tailshaft just cut the silvia yoke off and align the rb25 yoke to the silvia tailshaft and weld away

rb25 yoke next to silvia yoke look how much bigger the rb25 yoke is

silvia yoke cut off the tailshaft

aligning rb25 yoke to silvia tailshaft

rb25 yoke welded to silvia tailshaft

moddid tailshaft (painted black) next to a stock silvia tailshaft
looks just like a bought one smile.gif

EVOLVE
Post #24

nice nice, don't look like the welds are going to be poping off anytime soon biggrin.gif

Sciclone
Post #25

Good work Jase, I suppose it must be a good change to working on Ovlovs....

Would love to see how this looks after the cars all painted.

321cya
Post #26

QUOTE(Sciclone @ May 7 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]6170422[/snapback]

Good work Jase, I suppose it must be a good change to working on Ovlovs....

Would love to see how this looks after the cars all painted.

i still get to work on the every now and then unsure.gif

as soon as ive finished the conversion is straight off to the paint shop to get the pannel and paint done thumbsup.gif

HSV
Post #27

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ May 3 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]6159251[/snapback]

Ahhh ... the cam covers on R33 GT-R V-spec's and Non V-spec's are black Jago rolleyes.gif

Another quote by our resident "non idea technical member" hey Jamie? wink.gif

On side note, that front bar is absolutely $#@%#$% hidieous, not to mention Im betting that you get raped by the cops for it.

QUOTE(GHOSTrun @ May 3 2006, 02:35 AM) [snapback]6158671[/snapback]

hmm prolly not that much understeer as the rear wheels would always be leading thumbsup.gif hahaha

Not necassarily. The rear wheels can "push" the front wheels into understeer with power, its not all necassrily oversteer when you have big power in a rwd car. Keep in mind this is also in relation to suspension, tyres, angle of car when boosted etc etc etc

MAX452
Post #28

that will haul arse thumbsup.gif

...if it can get traction laugh.gif

321cya
Post #29

just thought id do a update as its been a while

wired up r33 gtr loom to fit the s13 loom

fitted frontmount and started doin the pipework which is in alloy

the pipe work so far is only tacked up at the moment as its a tight fit

so here are some pics

enjoy

twmba-bloke
Post #30

nice work ... its coming along nicely .... good luck with it

200FAT
Post #31

man that loom is nasty tongue.gif

cant wait to see this finished, thanks for the update biggrin.gif

GHOSTrun
Post #32

noice, keep updating this thread

321cya
Post #33

QUOTE(GHOSTrun @ Jun 18 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]1279979233[/snapback]

noice, keep updating this thread

dont worry i will

i just want to know how i can change the topic heading so it can say updated on this day etc so can some one tell me plz coz if got no fuckin idea dunno.gif biggrin.gif

PUR32
Post #34

I don't think you can change the topic heading, you can make a new forum when you do the conversion on my car biggrin.gif:D

sick_sr20de
Post #35

QUOTE(321cya @ Jun 19 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1279982266[/snapback]

dont worry i will

i just want to know how i can change the topic heading so it can say updated on this day etc so can some one tell me plz coz if got no fuckin idea dunno.gif biggrin.gif

ask a mod, pretty sure they can do it

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x