Cylinders : 8
Aspiration : Naturally Aspirated
Drivetrain : RWD
Exhaust : 4 Inch
Pod Air Filter : NO
Wheels : STOCK
Wheel Size : 15 Inch
Estimated Power : 350ish KW

Just thought id post what im working on in the garage. But do note, these pictures were taken by the previous owner of the car when it still had an engine in it. I bought it a couple of weeks ago with no engine, transmission or seats. And it is a custom, whole body is fiberglass and there is only 1 other in the world. Sitting in a museum in the US. Tubbed Mickey Thompson wheels, 18.5" wide. Exhaust is just 4" side pipes straight off the headers. Holley-Annihilator ignition and timing Computer. Fuel cell. Ford 9" diff. Im planning on importing a 450hp sbc 383 from the states, and a worked th350 transmission with 2500rpm stall converter and shift kit. Hopefully will be making these purchases this week as im set to sell my camaro tomorow. Hopefully should be on the road within a couple of months, and ready for Summernats! Will post again when everything is done. Oh, and dont comment on the Sony Xplods, ive ripped them out already. For more pics and pics of the proposed engine, see http://www.defpony.com/corvette/
defponys CHEVROLET
defponys CHEVROLET
defponys CHEVROLET
defponys CHEVROLET
defponys CHEVROLET

--------------------

Let the pistons do the torquing

Comments

• Boost Network 61
  • MaDDoG
    Post #2

it is certainly different..... i like the back of it, the chev bowtie in the back is a nice sweet touch, not sure on the bonnet though, but all in all its a head turner alright! hehe, will be interesting to see the finished product smile.gif i am sure i seen this for sale a while ago, it just looks familiar dunno.gif best of luck with it mate smile.gif

knucklz
    Post #3

thats phat and by the looks of things so are the rear wheels nice fine i must say!!!! beer.gif

eighty-eight
    Post #4

thats crazy..

reddahaydn
    Post #5

wooow nice wheels!!! that bonnets crazy

black86
    Post #6

how much how much

X2C
    Post #7

aha its fucken weird lookin thats 4 sure but i like it mate take of the bonnet though

GHOSTrun
    Post #8

Can I have that sony stuff you ripped out if you can't errrr find anyone to buy it smile.gif.......

16vClio
    Post #9

I'm sorry but i think its one of the ugliest cars i've ever seen.... but thats just my personal opinion

NINJA
    Post #10

its very nice love it.... saw it for sale on a carpoint or something like that, but also seen one on an old Amercain movie.... cant think of the name of it but ill chase it up just prove im not lieing lol... but once again yeha i love it wink.gif

Ahmad
    Post #11

its different... and considering there is only 1 other in the world will hold its value good

defpony
    Post #12

the movie is called Corvette Summers, about a guy who customises his 71 stringray. Well this one is an exact replica of the one in the movie. There is pictures of it on my site.

And from the comments ive received by a lot of people ive shown, you either love this car or you hate it. Which will often be the case with things unique. But regardless, its still going to crack some necks tongue.gif

seed
    Post #13

that looks very aggressive, good work! thumbsup.gif

`nigno
    Post #14

Not my style unfortunately I think you butchered a classic sad.gif

MIT20
    Post #15

i agree with nigno... why why why...

200FAT
    Post #16

loving the tubs.... mmmm

Eeyore
    Post #17

Hard to believe it finally sold! I've spotted it on various mediums for probably at least the last year, the owner simply wanted too much for such a ludacrisly styled vehicle. Very different, certainly will turn heads, good luck with the build.

*Miss_Star*
    Post #18

i like it alot! love the shape its got going!

FFergo
    Post #19

it looks like the batman car

MACO2NV
    Post #20

Fucken crazy ride you go there mate, Its sick! hsdance.gif
    You'd be able to post it in the Mad Styling section too laugh.gif

HELRZR
    Post #21

ahhhhhh MUSCLE at its best, thats tops man i want it!! go bigger block but, make use of that bonnet space with big superchrger

ROLLER
    Post #22

Someone finally bought it my god.... sweet as.......

Wagonz
    Post #23

I reackon its a beast

kurly_ni5m0
    Post #24

looks mad dunno if i like the nose though

PHAT VL
    Post #25

thats phat as i love it

Peace

VL BROTHERHOOD...

NINJA
    Post #26

QUOTE(defpony @ Oct 4 2005, 06:55 AM)
    the movie is called Corvette Summers, about a guy who customises his 71 stringray. Well this one is an exact replica of the one in the movie. There is pictures of it on my site.

And from the comments ive received by a lot of people ive shown, you either love this car or you hate it. Which will often be the case with things unique. But regardless, its still going to crack some necks tongue.gif
    [right][snapback]5413081[/snapback][/right]

Thats the ones lol

EREXHN
    Post #27

its cool.. but i dont like it.. if that makes sence.. like shit yeh only one other in the world and it would haul titties but the look of it isnt quite doing it for me. but aslong as you like it! i would turn my head 360 degrees if i saw it on the street tho dont get me wrong. maybe some different wheels at least?

BSIDE
    Post #28

that badass....

lcarbon
    Post #29

love it.. its insane

FC3S~
    Post #30

ooo different happy.gif cool.gif looks nice man

Wagonz
    Post #31

I like the wheels

CUL8TR
    Post #32

i dont realy like it but its been posted before and i dont think its a real corvette stingray but any way its true it would turn heads but its one ugly car

defpony
    Post #33

show me where its been posted before. I said it wasnt a real corvette, its a copy. The whole thing is fiberglass taken from from molds of the original car that was in the movie.

QuicKSilveR
    Post #34

That is hideous. That bonnet is crazy. Looks ugly with square lights on the rounded/pointed nose.

Can you dump the front and fit a stockish one?.

SammyB
    Post #35

Always liked this car, its been for sale soooo many times tho tongue.gif I'd imagine it would cost a fair bit 2 run. Looks wicked tho mate, good luck with it, keep us posted biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x