Help Wanted; From Commodorist - launceston area  

Antdragonist
  • Antdragonist
  • ZOMG!
  • Member No.: 130,668
Post #1 post 30th January 2010 - 07:11 PM
hey just wonderin if any commodore nuts would be able to pop by, or i can come pick you up, to have a look at my brothers vp wagon.
soemthins up with the fueling, will turn over but only for about a second then dies, but seems like its just not pumpin juice up to the front and i wouldnt mind a second opinion - from someone that actually knows about these things haha.
cars at top of mowbray hill, he'd be really appreciative if anyone could spare some time this arvo to have a peak.
call/msg me on 0418 378 192
cheers lads

--------------------
HSV_587
Post #2

Get underneath the car,near the tank,you will see where the fuel filter is....might be behind a steel cover...grab it and shake the filter,and bash on the tank around where the fuel pump is....just bangin hard with your fist is usually enough...my mates VN used to do the same occasionally.

HSV_587
Post #3

Also loosen off the fuel cap in case the vent has blocked,and its getting "pressure lock"

HSV_587
Post #4

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/holden...ults-vn-vp.html

If the above fails,check if the computer has logged any error codes....heres a link on how to do it.

Antdragonist
Post #5

cheers for that, gave the first two a shot but still not getting any love off it. ill tell him to check out error codes.

commy38
Post #6

unplug the hose on top of the engine for the fuel, then turn the ignition on 2 2nd stage, u dont need to turn the engine over to do this, If fuel looks like its cumn out alrite... then its cumn out alrite... if not... then yea prolly fuel pump shit itself, Common to go, and once they do go or there on there way, ya can generally bang the shit out of it a couple times it will get goen if ya lucky like hsv just said,

KE38
Post #7

yeah i had the same problem, either... 1. your outta petrol, 2. fuel pump is rooted, 3. need new coil pack, 4. plug leads etc off etc....
i broke down in town cos of it, wouldnt start, doing same as what your describing, ended up roll starting it an then soon died as was outta petty, then the next day it did the same thing, replaced the coil pack, was fine, who knows haha. try another coil pack on it see if it does it. not common that they shit them selves but yeh...hope that helps, if not let me know, i was in launnie today if i had the net i coulda come an helped

Cranky
Post #8

a mates vp was doing the same thing.. thought for sure the fuel pump was knackered.... tried everything.. then thought bugger it we will check the plugs and change them.. put a new set of plugs in and away it went...

Start with the simple shit first thumbsup.gif

Antdragonist
Post #9

cheers heaps for the tips guys ill let him know all the ideas and hopefully he can get it up and moving again

KE38
Post #10

howd he go?

Antdragonist
Post #11

dunno, hes down the west coast on work,
wrote out a list for him though lol. will let you know when its sorted, and what worked though

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x