**updated* Boostcruising Willowbank Track Hire. - 22nd Aug. *UPDATED FIRST POST IMPORTANT*  

Page 1 of 9
Jump to page
BoostedS15
  • BoostedS15
  • THE MAN............Apparently??
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 588
Post #1 post 27th May 2004 - 02:29 PM
************UPDATE************

NEW POSITIONS AVAILIBLE.

In the Space of the last 5 days there has been a DRASTIC few changes to this event. Courtesy of two things....

1/ Insurance.
2/ Cost.

Willowbank have attracted a different insurance policy for this event now. This hampers the event greatly in my eyes. Unfortunatly this event is costing a substancial amount of more money. In an effort to keep costs UNDER $10 000, i have had to ask ALL CARS that run faster than an 10.99sec 1/4 mine to relinquish their position, OR bring a car that fits the requirements. (I am offering them a full refund of course)

THIS IS OUT OF MY HANDS. I had a track agreement and EVERYTHING, but unfortunatly, in todays world insurance talks. So it was this way or NO EVENT.

To waylay the loss of some of the race built cars (All the Race Rotaries in sorry to say), I have had to open up the ranks to allow 10 new cars to compete. (This will only PART cover the costs the rest are being picked up by the events SPONSORS)

Entry is STILL $73.50 and i have 10 Positions availible IMMEDIATLY.

CONTACT ME VIA PM.

I have asked all the Cars that do run faster than an 10.99 to bring another car, so lets hope they do.

THE MAGAZINES ARE STILL COMING (Fast 4's and Hot 4's)

Anyone who has been around me the last week or so, would vouch for this change, and how it came about, ive done my utmost here guys, im sorry if you feel ive let you down at all. The original track agreement had allowed for these faster cars, but that was PRE Finacial year, and things have changed since then. Apparently. (Yes i am a bit bitter)

SO........Guys please get behind this event, there are a few spots open and still MANY MANY fast cars coming, (heheh alot you guys havent seen)

Please come spectate.........support this event and support your fellow board members! The chance to have the track to ourselves like this wont come along again. For a long long time.

I have cropped this topic to allow easier reading and more feedback. Please post all comments. and if you wish to race PM ME. ASAP.

****PROUD SPONSORS OF THIS EVENT****

McKern and Assoc Accountants.
SmartSparks AutoElectrical
WASP Performance
Boostcruising.com

Thanks Again.

I apologize for this.

Hi Guys N Gals,

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE ESSAY! IT'S IMPORTANT.

After alot of work organising things ive finally managed to secure the Willowbank Track for a CLOSED session for Boostcruising users AND ASSOCIATES, as well. I will outlay the cost below and all it entails, I would appreciate as much bravo and bluster as you like in this thread, this is a day for fun and ShitsNGiggles? lol . ANY ONE CAN COME RACE, only requirement is that they are REGISTERED on these boards. (they will need to be to PM me).

Please read the following information CLOSELY i dont want to have to answer the same question a million times

Numbers are limited to 60 Cars/Bikes ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. Those who Pay first will have first dibs. And a clear and consise up to date list will be left here.

The track has been hired for SUNDAY AUGUST 22nd for numerous reasons, the main reason it wasnt hired on a Friday night is that Willowbank would have had trouble staffing the event, therefore we opted for a cold winter Sunday, The track is hired EXCLUSIVLY from 9am till 3pm. The track is booked out for several weeks either side of this date as well.

With the numbers LIMITED to 60 Willowbank management expects each driver to exceed 20 runs at least! Providing the track isnt closed for an accident etc.

Things will be done a little differently on the day, cars will have a race number AS WELL as the users *Handle* on the window, so all know, who is who, races will be organised on the day, there is NO competition, its all between ourselves, we can organise each of our own races or i can on the day.

This is part of the correspondence ive been having with willowbank.......after my meeeting
Dear Chris

It was good to finally meet and talk with you on Wednesday. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner as promised but we all have been quite busy getting ready for the Tin Tops this weekend.

I have booked August 22nd for you but what I would ask is that you don?t post anything on your site until you are satisfied with our arrangement.

For 60 entries the cost will be $4400 GST inc. This covers the following:
? ANDRA event sanction
? ANDRA competitor levy (Insurance)
? Queens land Ambulance Service cover 9am-3pm
? Fire Rescue cover
? Christmas Tree, incremental Track Timers and Score Boards
? Race Computer
? Staff
? Track equipment.

I would require that the $4400 be paid prior to the event.

With respect to spectator entry fees, our normal fee for Test N Tunes is $15. I know that you were keen on keeping it around the $10 mark, however, in order to keep your costs as reasonable as possible I am suggesting that the $15 spectator entry is maintained with Willowbank.

The event will be limited to 60 race competitors who will pre-enter by way of Boostcruising.

The event will be run between the hours of 9am ? 3pm, gates will be opened prior to this time in order that the competitors can set-up.
There will be a food outlet available for your event and I advise that alcohol is not permitted at the raceway.

So to get to the nitty gritty, you can see the costs, to divide it evenly between the 60 compeditors it would be $73.33* So lets just call it $73.50! I REALISE that is over twice the cost of a normal test n tune, but three times the amount of runs, Im hoping (ppl were happy to pay $80 for the Go-Karts) you guys will see what a great event this can be, and get behind it! The $73.50 would cover YOU and ONE CREW person, so you could split costs with friends. ($36.75 each), and ANYONE (invite as many as possible!!!) spectators can come and view, costs are as per usual Test N Tune.

The overview:

Date : August 22nd

Time : 9am to 3pm

Costs : $73.50 per car entry (this gets Driver and ONE passenger in free of charge) $15 per Spectator entry.

Positions Available (this number WILL be adjusted after each pre-payment) : 10

Eligible Entrants: Any Boostcruising Registered User. ANY one can spectate.

Equipment required : Obviously a car or bike (stock or race bred, doesnt matter guys!) Long Pants, Long sleeve Shirt, Helmet, Enclosed Shoes.

Payment options : You can come into WASP Performance on the Gold Coast (see Banner Advertisement) and pay in person. Or PM my account on here and You can Direct Debit me the money, (I will give bank details thru PM's) Anyone who has used this method of payment before through me, can vouch for me, if thats an issue. Alternativly you can organise to pay me when im out one night, thou i DO NOT prefer this option.

On the Day : I will be at the track from 8am for people who wish to get their early and set up, I will PERSONALLY greet and finalise all entries on the day, and will handle ALL relations will Willowbank. My Mobile number will be availible to all on the day.

Last and not least, if your car is stock, who cares!! come out and race ya mates in a smaller enviroment, if you have a grudge to settle, this is the time and place to do it! All runs on the day will be recorded for tranfer to the boards after the event, so all can see how every one did

We need the 60 cars to come to balance the cost out, if we do not reach 60 entries then I may have to revise the day (thou with the amount of people who read these boards , i don't think it will be a concern, you can always get friends who wish to race to register through your computer).

**update** No Licence is required to race at willowbank.

ALL ARE WELCOME THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATIONS OR PROBLEMS.

Lets have a great day out!! Thanks again for putting up with this long post!!

****UPDATE****

I apologize for the time this has taken to arrange, but Willowbank had to *reshuffle* their calander to get us in. This is a ONE ONLY chance to pretty much have the track to yourselves!! Dont miss out! As stated all are welcome, if you know someone who wants to go, get them to call me!

spectators pay on the day of course at the gate, as per usual.

ppl who have paid here........ i will be at the gates from 8am meeting ppl, and i also will have that manned by another mod in the event that i am racing, there will be a checklist of all ppl entered and some form of ID will be required to show your who you say you are. and the list will be checked off.

THIS EVENT HAS NOW BEEN ADVERTISED TO OTHER FORUMS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC. IF YOU WISH TO SECURE YOUR POSITION I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT ME IMMEDIATLY.

THE EVENT HAS ALSO BEEN PAYED FOR IN FULL AND CONFIRMED.

Chris

THE LIST OF NOBLE MEN AND WOMEN READY TO FIGHT FOR THEIR HONOUR!! :

1/ 04ETA
2/ Neil SE
3/ SupraCrazy
4/ summoner ****
5/ crazy_bunny
6/ SamBro
7/ VspecII
8/ MR AKE70
9/ MR AKE702 (2 entries)
10/ Nos 15 ****
11/ superfalcon
12/ grlzkikazz
13/ spook
14/ blacksupra
15/ 09ets
16/ xlr8ed ****
17/ xlr8ed (2 entries) ****
18/ Menice
19/ 16OTU
20/ 20QSX
21/ Grump2
22/ 180wanabe
23/ 51jay
24/ kryptonite ****
25/ mazdaguy01
26/ OSK ****
27/ Disco Lou
28/ mr_sleepy (2 entries)
29/ Toda16
30/ banzai-soarer ****
31/ missr32
32/ YCA18T
33/ psiV8
34/ poppy
35/ ni_slo
36/ BEATNU
37/ HERWRX
38/ SLEEPER-7
39/ tuffdatto
40/ mick51
41/ 12ENV ****
42/ ~13BEE~ ****
43/ S14a_on_boost
44/ dysonrx3 ****
45/ 180sr
46/ powercruise gup ****
47/ S15_clint
48/ littlegimp
49/ corvette
50/ shamus
51/ mr_sleepy
52/ TOY168
53/ TOY1682 (2 entries)
54/ Blurple
55/ s13viper
56/ PIMPIN1
57/ PIMPIN2
58/ PIMPIN3
59/ PIMPIN4
60/ PIMPIN5
61/ PIMPIN6 ****
62/ PIMPIN7 ****(YES 7 Entries.......some VERY VERY cool cars!!! dont miss these)
63/ 05LVN
64/ OIM.666
65/ RBI80
66/ Northy
67/ Northy2 (2 entries)
68/ pippy
69/ ONP51
70/ XWFalcon1
71/ XWFalcon2
72/ EFSupercharged
73/ roweysvn
74/ RICKS_ONE
75/ GTR32
76/ Pennywise
77/ NizObvious
78/ MSS15
79/ SupraMKIII
80/ Jacinta

*****PART PAYMENT PEOPLE WHO HAVE RESERVED THEIR POSITION*****

1/ silvia_xtreme
2/ MrsGsr
3/ smok'nn
4/ HSV XU6
5/ NosunroofRotary

The list of people with payment pending -

YOU MISS OUT!!! IT'S FULL! Next time guys, Next time!

Ovl666
king of the concrete jungle
lotusmk1
bro
Rollin
sir vl
v8 dave
r34-gtr
phat_4
dabigman2
psi999
pennywise
boostin 180
tizzle
ausdogg

This post has been edited by BoostedS15: Aug 22 2004, 06:21 AM
SupraCrazy
Post #2

About time mister ! *jokes*

Can't wait for the day smile.gif

Not going to be saying what I'm *going* to be running by then....only going to say...aiming for a sub 15's laugh.gif Too fast for your ass Chris ! LOL

BTW Chris while not racing I'm willing to donate my services in helping out for the day, take some of the burden off those shoulders. Give you a chance to lay the smack down on candy asses wink.gif

BoostedS15
Post #3

i know about the conflict of dates guys and im sorry.

but in the words of Harry (willowbank manager) its THEN or NEVER.

if your not competing in Brisbane Autosaloon............then you just go see that on saturday and come race on sunday!

does life get anybetter! now bring on the beer and women! (jokes!!)

SkiDMaN
Post #4

sweet weekend then... autosalon saturday then racing sunday... what more could u want!

MR AKE70
Post #5

Fact: you all well be "OWNED". that is all.... cool.gif

SupraCrazy
Post #6

By having AutoSalon & this event on the same weekend proves what we have our cars for smile.gif

Pete....you may have to look into Bank of SupraCrazy Pty. Ltd. smile.gif

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #7

im definately there... i plan to have the s13 in and out of WASP before that date. smile.gif
bring it.. biaches.

QUOTE (SupraCrazy @ May 27 2004, 04:23 PM)
By having AutoSalon & this event on the same weekend proves what we have our cars for smile.gif

Pete....you may have to look into Bank of SupraCrazy Pty. Ltd. smile.gif

hehehehe stir that pot!!

only the ppl COMPETING in autosaloon, should have trouble going, as autosaloon runs BOTH sat and sunday. Saturday is always bigger there anyways!

CARN RACING!

i beat yew alllllllll

BoostedS15
Post #9

spectators pay on the day of course at the gate, as per usual.

ppl who have paid here............i say in the thread i will be at the gates from 8am meeting ppl, and i also will have that manned by another mod in the event that i am racing, there will be a checklist of all ppl entered and some form of ID will be required to show your who you say you are. and the list will be checked off.

BoostedS15
Post #10

yep we all get time slips as per normal.................however as per a normal test and tune, there is no dial in's the time starts from when uleave the line, not when the light goes green.

S14a_On_Boost
Post #11

Well someone might bring one of the turbo ones that are going around atm if the owners find out about the day........so ppl spread the word "BOOST TRACK DAY WILL BE AWESOME!!!!! COME ONE COME ALL!!!!!!"

BoostedS15
Post #12

^^^^ Bikes are certainly allowed...................push pikes etc are not something i had thought of! LOL but..........i spose..........i mean we DO own the track for the day!!

ill talk to harry about it.............at the moment.........im tryin to spread the word as much as possible.

ohhhhh and i knwo of at LEAST 5 high 11sec and under cars coming. so guys............there will be some serious races here........and best of all its legal.

a few of these cars are ones not often *seen* either, if you know what i mean.

BoostedS15
Post #13

Thanks for your intrest in the day, it should be a great event! Im looking forward to it! I do apologize for the conflict of dates, but would love your support to this event Besides, you can go to Brisbane Autosaloon on the Saturday So hopefully this only effects people directly involved with that day. But, it was now or never, and thats direct from Willowbank. Please spread the word where you can, thiswill be great! I appreciate all this! Thanks again!

NiSlo
Post #14

I'ma coming. I might even have my boss lined up with his XR6 Turbo smile.gif

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #15

i challenge any 15+ second cars... smile.gif

(i like to feel big and tuff. winning brings me to that plateau ).

BoostedS15
Post #16

plenty of *normal* cars coming, just a few that will stand out thats all guys. 80% of the cars would be *average* streeters, and on a level playing field.

BoostedS15
Post #17

have created a thread of the competitors HERE go have a look. updated daily.

BoostedS15
Post #18

If people want to reserve their position i WILL accept $50 part payment, and pay the other $23.50 on the day.

does that sound fair to you all? and to those who cant afford it in one hit, will that help?

yeah overdose, its 1.4 mile runs, with all timeslips etc. just like any test n tune. bring on the grudge matches! we will be the ONLY people there! woooooooot!

SupraCrazy
Post #19

It's all about having fun smile.gif Cars at all different levels of modification competing against each other.

Also a good opportunity to try new techniques & ect....get new PB's.

roweysvn
Post #20

Take for example my car, basically a bone stock VN commo, with a 2.5 Cat back exhaust, i shall be there to make everyone feel good about their cars tongue.gif

Its all for a bit of a laugh, but for the more serious contenders i spose a bit of a comp, personally all i wanna do is race Ni_Slo, tongue.gif and waste the other runs on pointless racing tongue.gif

Dave

BoostedS15
Post #21

sorry guys, ive been offline for a few days!

okay.........Supracrazy, would be perfect to run a cruise up from the coast. anyone in bris can put there hand up to do the same!

numbers will be updated tonight, also recieved confirmation this will be covered by a magazine! lol coooooooooooooooooooool!!

dont forget to check out the post in general discussions with the rides in it!

i cant organise a cruise as i will be there at 8am.

BoostedS15
Post #22

More compeditors added to the PAYED list.

More cars added to the compeditors gallery. CLICK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Disco Lou
Post #23

Just a quick question about the fuel.

Is there a shell servo round the area? My car is tuned to shell optimax only and has knocked before on ultimate.

I would think that with 20+ runs, plus the cruise there, some people might need to re fuel near the end of the day. Sorry, i havent raced before, and im not realy sure on the fuel consumption, but on a comparison with the dyno day, where 2 full power runs used roughly about 1/8 of a tank, im pondering if a full tank will get me (and other racers) through or not.

QUOTE (Disco Lou @ Jul 5 2004, 10:16 PM)
Just a quick question about the fuel.

Is there a shell servo round the area? My car is tuned to shell optimax only and has knocked before on ultimate.

I would think that with 20+ runs, plus the cruise there, some people might need to re fuel near the end of the day. Sorry, i havent raced before, and im not realy sure on the fuel consumption, but on a comparison with the dyno day, where 2 full power runs used roughly about 1/8 of a tank, im pondering if a full tank will get me (and other racers) through or not.

ahah theres is mobil and some pov one but i think it would be possible to get fuel at fark wats tht place that starts with g ummm yeh well theres a shell right before wacol prison haha hope im some help to you

can some one tell me wat its called ahh brain strain sad.gif

QUOTE (WaLdO @ Jul 5 2004, 10:24 PM)
ahah theres is mobil and some pov one but i think it would be possible to get fuel at fark wats tht place that starts with g ummm yeh well theres a shell right before wacol prison haha hope im some help to you

can some one tell me wat its called ahh brain strain sad.gif

HAHAHA thats some funny shit bro.

Yeah, im still not too sure tho, might have to go and check it out myself.

BoostedS15
Post #26

the event is CATERED by willowbank. the normal food venues are open as per ANY test and tune!.

EVERYTHING is the same.

now where are all these brave souls racing?

QUOTE (roweysvn @ Jul 7 2004, 09:25 PM)
Claire u can be the chick that leans on my car in a short skirt and a boobtube and have like "roweysvn" on ur top or something, u know u wanna

theres a dollar in it for ya, 2 if ya work hard enough

Dave

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Petey needs to get a pic of that! lol

Got several cars from coffs harbour enquiring about it today smile.gif

They wanna show the QLDr's how its done!

QUOTE (BoostedS15 @ Jul 7 2004, 10:57 PM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Petey needs to get a pic of that! lol

Got several cars from coffs harbour enquiring about it today smile.gif

They wanna show the QLDr's how its done!

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a BIG day ! Can't wait facesjump.gif

TeeGz
Post #29

I'm just curious, I've never been to Willowbank before, is there a limit of spectators for the event or what?

Sambro
Post #30

no limit on spectators, the more the better.. willow is huge man
it will be the best day i hope

i can't wait..
I CAN'T WAIT TO BLOW MY SHIT UP AGAIN..!!! sad.gif laugh.gif

SkiDMaN
Post #31

hoooolly farrrrrkin shit... there is some dam TUFF cars coming to this event... this is going to be the fattest day of boostcruising history!

Barely Legal Customs
Post #32

This will be epic... no to ways about it... very looking forward to it

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #33

some of the big tuff men havent ponied up the dough.
nice to see they put their money where their mouth is smile.gif

rest of the cash is coming with the car upgrades chris wink.gif smile.gif teehee..

BoostedS15
Post #34

^^^ yep im surprised by two in particular, who have been very vocal in the past smile.gif

BoostedS15
Post #35

CHekc out Blurples car!! This car is MAD! i love it, sorry but this is just great.

Fast 4's N rotaries (the magazine coming) are going to love this.

See Blurple HERE

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 9
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x