Sunshine Coast! What Goes On Here?  

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
I_wanna_rolla
  • I_wanna_rolla
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 128,428
Post #1 post 24th July 2008 - 01:38 AM
SATURDAY NIGHT CRUISE! hsdance.gif (2nd AUGUST)

Let's try to bring back cruising on the sunhsine coast, Get it back to its old standards!!

ARRIVE:
Bunnings car park (caloundra) 8pm

DEPART:
8:30 roughly
Cruise through Nicklin way, take the mooloolaba exit. head through mooloolaba, go chillax at the spit for a bit, Grab a bite to eat and a beverage somewhere then hit the highway again, back onto nicklin way, then head towards kings beach, Kick back and relax,

WHO'S UP FOR IT??? facesjump.gif

If ur keen or got any questions or more ideas just post em up.

This post has been edited by I_wanna_rolla: Jul 27 2008, 04:59 PM
surfbum64
Post #2

tonight a few people are out
cruise down the main strip at maroochydore and alex and you will find people
im leaving now
say hi if you see me smile.gif

on_boost
Post #3

the sunshine coast is crap for cruising, it usually just consits of standing around in car parks with p platers talking about shit they dont understand and watching V8s cut fully sick skids with their stockies and lockers.

joe blo
Post #4

QUOTE(on_boost @ Jul 24 2008, 09:01 PM) [snapback]1282650969[/snapback]

the sunshine coast is crap for cruising, it usually just consits of standing around in car parks with p platers talking about shit they dont understand and watching V8s cut fully sick skids with their stockies and lockers.

how does that differ from if they are doing it at the gold coast?

ive never understood the whole "cruise" thing. and everytime i ask what one exactly is no one can give me an answer.

like the one from aspley to redcliffe this week sounds like it will be hell awsome sik bro. what will that "cruise" entail? driving from aspley maccas to redcliffe maccas? then sit in the carpark and do talking? sounds mad but i wont see you there. too much fun.

so what is a cruise bros?

Subaru Mad
Post #5

sunny caost can be dead on some nights for cruzing... other nights it can be good... but the main espy of Maroochy is so short and boring after a few laps...

anx34
Post #6

dont waste your time too many cops on the sunnycoast

Subaru Mad
Post #7

laugh.gif it's the same on the goldy though too

clutch-monkey
Post #8

QUOTE(joe blo @ Jul 24 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1282651009[/snapback]

how does that differ from if they are doing it at the gold coast?

ive never understood the whole "cruise" thing. and everytime i ask what one exactly is no one can give me an answer.

like the one from aspley to redcliffe this week sounds like it will be hell awsome sik bro. what will that "cruise" entail? driving from aspley maccas to redcliffe maccas? then sit in the carpark and do talking? sounds mad but i wont see you there. too much fun.

so what is a cruise bros?

a drive up the mountains or any good bit of road, usually ending with a meal somehwere smile.gif

Subaru Mad
Post #9

QUOTE(clutch-monkey @ Jul 25 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1282652665[/snapback]

a drive up the mountains or any good bit of road, usually ending with a meal somehwere smile.gif

BINGO!!!!

just take me with you next time biggrin.gif

micko1212
Post #10

QUOTE(on_boost @ Jul 24 2008, 09:01 PM) [snapback]1282650969[/snapback]

What's wrong with watching V8s cut fully sick skids??
That'd be worth the trip from Brisbane.

Does anybody still do laps of Mooloolaba nowdays?

Subaru Mad
Post #11

not really worth it these days with the new lay out... Kinda shitty and to short....

micko1212
Post #12

QUOTE(Subaru Mad @ Jul 25 2008, 10:15 AM) [snapback]1282652700[/snapback]

not really worth it these days with the new lay out... Kinda shitty and to short....

Do you mean not really worth doing laps of M'ba?

That sucks! I remember cutting phat laps with my cousin in his EH when I was like 14.

Maugan_Ra
Post #13

Bring back the car scene at the Sunshine Coast. Thats what I say.

2 years ago there was hot cars everywhere, cruising and racing and skids, now there is nothing. lame.

J.

Killy
Post #14

mbah got crap

synster
Post #15

yer the sunny coast is dieing in the car scene,but yet i have scene a few new cars starting up ,so i hope there will be some new faces soon .=D

Maugan_Ra
Post #16

Mooloolaba just isnt the place to be anymore.

we need a new place. like noosa or caloundra.

I wouldnt mind travelling 15-20 minutes to be able to go to a well known spot where everyone just meets up and talks and cruises from.

Hopefully this will happen one day soon.

J.

Subaru Mad
Post #17

Caloundra use to have some nice meets waaaaay back in the day... but those days are long gone...

FHA57
Post #18

man its not a change of the scenery like noosa or caloundra that you need its moving to a different state or country lol or go to willowbank build a car for it. unfortunantly cruising has died in all the good spots goldy is the only place worth while to go still but not worth it unless u have a good car to compete with the big hp cars otherwise u could be cruising newhere itll still be the same crap driving around get somthing to eat go make a crew of good friends go for random drives people will soon catchon and come out as well then u can bring it back to mbar.

Maugan_Ra
Post #19

Im gonna do that then.

Get as many cars as I can and get the cruisin scene back.

whos with me? =)

J

youbUTEy
Post #20

Im gonna do that then.

whos with me? =)

FO SHO biggrin.gif

Static
Post #21

im in smile.gif

anx34
Post #22

QUOTE(FHA57 @ Jul 25 2008, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1282653461[/snapback]

man its not a change of the scenery like noosa or caloundra that you need its moving to a different state or country lol or go to willowbank build a car for it. unfortunantly cruising has died in all the good spots goldy is the only place worth while to go still but not worth it unless u have a good car to compete with the big hp cars otherwise u could be cruising newhere itll still be the same crap driving around get somthing to eat go make a crew of good friends go for random drives people will soon catchon and come out as well then u can bring it back to mbar.
you got it in one build a car for w/bank and go as quick as you like [or can afford]

surfbum64
Post #23

QUOTE(Maugan_Ra @ Jul 25 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]1282653959[/snapback]

Im gonna do that then.

whos with me? =)
J

me hsdance.gif

Maugan_Ra
Post #24

Ok, well thats 4 of us. yay! tongue.gif

All this talking of going for a cruise, I think Im gonna go cut some laps round the coast.

BRING BACK THE CRUISING!!!

message me if anyones out and wants to meet up. 0402 681 563

J.

sweet_ride_crx
Post #25

QUOTE(Maugan_Ra @ Jul 25 2008, 12:27 PM) [snapback]1282653128[/snapback]

Mooloolaba just isnt the place to be anymore.

we need a new place. like noosa or caloundra.

I wouldnt mind travelling 15-20 minutes to be able to go to a well known spot where everyone just meets up and talks and cruises from.

Hopefully this will happen one day soon.
J.

caloundra sounds good hope it will start soon ay

(Oo Skyline oO)
Post #26

hey guys,
What type of cars have we got on here?

Maugan_Ra
Post #27

<----- Supercharged 3.8L V6 Caprice.

Sharpy
Post #28

S13

goes alright

lancer-guy
Post #29

lancer gsr but i blew up the diff

Tolez34
Post #30

sunshine coast is totally dead compared to a couple of years back, not even woth going out , but i still do why i dont no

sweet_ride_crx
Post #31

exa turbo
and crx v-tec

Maugan_Ra
Post #32

I was out last night and there was TONNES of cars out. HEAPS!

crews everywhere. I would pass like 4 or 5 skylines and utes and stuff at a time. Very kewl.

May have even had a few traffic light battles ohmy.gif like the old days.

J.

surfbum64
Post #33

<< pulsar

get a list going and organise a meet!

fearlesss
Post #34

Does anyone remember about 6-7 years ago ?

Now that was the peak of cruising in general. I would say that those cruises were bigger and better than anything ive seen here at the gold coast in the last 6 years.

Those Meets on saturday nights at the spit ! where people used to pretty much line every part of the street and people would tie their cars to poles for skids smile.gif

Then there was kunda park industrial Area later on at night. Pretty much if you were there between 10-2am u would find where the group of cars were goin sad.gif

Overtime People either lost their licenses and/or cars sad.gif

Those were the highlight of my teenage years

I_wanna_rolla
Post #35

Any one wanna do a saturday night cruise (2nd of august) around caloundra/ sunny coast area Or maybe a sunday cruise in the arvo??

Throw up ya ideas,

LETS TRY TO GET THE SUNNY COAST PUMPIN WITH SICK CARS AGAIN!!

ANYONE KEEN???

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x