Toombul Carpark Meet - QLD: Brisbane  

PyrotiX
  • PyrotiX
  • Backtracer! ಠ_ರೃ
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 193
Post #1 post 21st February 2008 - 07:57 AM
Here are just a few of the photos I took from tonights Toombul Carpark Meet. I apologize in advance for the quality, have been having problems with this camera all night, so until my new one comes, enjoy.

The next meet at the Centro Toombul Carpark will be on March 20th at 8pm.

For more pictures and further information about the upcoming events, see http://www.roadsmart.com.au [/shameless plug]

This post has been edited by PyrotiX: Feb 21 2008, 08:18 AM

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • QIK TX5
    Post #2

LOl @ the flyers on the cop cars window

haah run a muck

Watchn_ovr
    Post #3

Its a shame people act like idiots when leaving the carpark..
    I mean its as though they think people are goin WOW HES A MAD CUN7 (losers)

Otherwise, good turn out thumbsup.gif

bandit_corolla
    Post #4

what was the police doing there?

[JSPEC]
    Post #5

Nice photos. So is this a safe zone? were aslong as were behaved and follow the laws we wont be hassled.. ive met quite a few police officers who have been happy to let us have meets aslong as we obey the rules.. no reason why we cant all play peacefully.. good ot see this sort of this arising.

PyrotiX
    Post #6

' date='Feb 22 2008, 02:18 AM' post='1281954236']
    Nice photos. So is this a safe zone? were aslong as were behaved and follow the laws we wont be hassled.. ive met quite a few police officers who have been happy to let us have meets aslong as we obey the rules.. no reason why we cant all play peacefully.. good ot see this sort of this arising.

It's legit, so long as laws are followed and anarchy is left at home. However, that's not to say people should turn up with defective vehicles and rub it in their faces, they are trusting that those attending have street legal vehicles and have respect for the laws. As appose to those labeled as hoons, follow my drift? (no pun intented)

SCR48
    Post #7

great pics good to see car enthusiast and police getting along for a change

Twist
    Post #8

QUOTE(bandit_corolla @ Feb 22 2008, 02:17 AM) [snapback]1281954234[/snapback]
    what was the police doing there?

Its run by the police

AMY186
    Post #9

OH, I see how it is... Not good enough to get into your photos hey!
    tongue.gif

LOL

Nah, some nice piccies there hun, was good to meet you last night biggrin.gif

bustage
    Post #10

such a shame its so far away from me

clutch-monkey
    Post #11

was good to meet you pyrotix smile.gif had a lot of fun, good to check out other cars without threats of defects biggrin.gif

TB CUSTOMS
    Post #12

wasnt a bad night, i member u takeing a few of these shots i got in ur way of one hehe wen u were trying to take one of robbies r32 drift, nice shots mate

R32_Godzilla
    Post #13

so does this run every thursday or something...coz a few of my mates and i were gonna check it out next week.

maxe
    Post #14

QUOTE(bustage @ Feb 22 2008, 07:44 AM) [snapback]1281954417[/snapback]

such a shame its so far away from me

mate the further you are from toombul, the better

Richie$$$rich
    Post #15

QUOTE(PyrotiX @ Feb 22 2008, 02:28 AM) [snapback]1281954243[/snapback]

It's legit, so long as laws are followed and anarchy is left at home. However, that's not to say people should turn up with defective vehicles and rub it in their faces, they are trusting that those attending have street legal vehicles and have respect for the laws. As appose to those labeled as hoons, follow my drift? (no pun intented)

Nothing is legit when the blue team is out and about!!!

Nathan
    Post #16

Any pics of the groupies? ha

HSV
    Post #17

QUOTE(Richie$$$rich @ Feb 22 2008, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1281954600[/snapback]

Nothing is legit when the blue team is out and about!!!

Funny, Im seeing roughly 50 or so cars there, and no hassle from the boys in blue? Perhaps time to jump off that cop bashing bandwagon huh?

What was the coned off area where the RBT bus was?

Mines_R34_The_Ultimate
    Post #18

QUOTE(HSV @ Feb 22 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]1281954724[/snapback]

Funny, Im seeing roughly 50 or so cars there, and no hassle from the boys in blue? Perhaps time to jump off that cop bashing bandwagon huh?

What was the coned off area where the RBT bus was?

Coned off area from what i worked out was for the 2 Drift cars that rocked up. The Mercury Motorsports 32 4 Door, and a Blue R32 GTR. Neither was road legal, so i think it was like a show off area type thing dunno.gif

Was a good night, good to meet new people and the likes. Cannot wait for the next one hsdance.gif

Total Monkey Kaos
    Post #19

QUOTE(Mines_R34_The_Ultimate @ Feb 22 2008, 10:45 AM) [snapback]1281954791[/snapback]
    Neither was road legal, so i think it was like a show off area type thing dunno.gif

Did they drive them to the carpark?

RetardedMonkey
    Post #20

QUOTE(Total Monkey Kaos @ Feb 22 2008, 10:56 AM) [snapback]1281954823[/snapback]

Did they drive them to the carpark?

No, they're towed to the event.

Was a good night.

Draven
    Post #21

Looks like it was a good night

TB CUSTOMS
    Post #22

the mark off the lil are to put the drifters in to show everyone, happens eevry time lol

flapdat
    Post #23

Yes it's good to see the car enthusiasts and cops getting along. Does anybody know if there planning something like this on the southside?

GTR120WHY
    Post #24

Great pics...

The third Thursday of every month. Check out the QLD region for the thread.

Cops are Tops smile.gif

Mines_R34_The_Ultimate
    Post #25

QUOTE(RetardedMonkey @ Feb 22 2008, 12:15 PM) [snapback]1281955103[/snapback]

No, they're towed to the event.

Was a good night.

ohmy.gif are they towed and then driven over the bridge, because i saw both cars being driven in with no tow truck in site dunno.gif

Saw the little 323 Weapon there, look good. Did you wash it before coming as it looked SUPER shiny laugh.gif

gun16
    Post #26

This is awesome, well done for Steve and co for showing some iniative.

Maybe it may even extend to the southside one day.

update...Just read third week of the month smile.gif

Tommo24
    Post #27

I think it's good to see the police supporting and helping everything stay controlled! And that they didnt use the chance to just defect the hoards and stuff.. I think it creates a good image, and also shows they are following with the times aswell.. the car scene is getting bigger and more popular, guess they are finding other methods to help control it and stuff instead of creating so much hate from people!

TB CUSTOMS
    Post #28

are they towed and then driven over the bridge, because i saw both cars being driven in with no tow truck in site

Saw the little 323 Weapon there, look good. Did you wash it before coming as it looked SUPER shiny

yea they get towed and let off the truck before the bridge and they then drive ova the bridge to make a entrence tongue.gif

Akshunhiro
    Post #29

In what would normally be considered a quick way to loose half your night waiting for your vehicle to be defected by a sudden Police lockdown in a suburban carpark is now, for once, being encouraged by police.

Can someone please translate that for me...

Are police encouraging us to go to the carpark to get defected?

PyrotiX
    Post #30

QUOTE(Akshunhiro @ Feb 22 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]1281955945[/snapback]

Can someone please translate that for me...

Are police encouraging us to go to the carpark to get defected?

So there isn't any confusion, I've corrected it. Police are encouraging enthusiasts to come along to this arranged meeting spot so that they have a place to congregate without the worry of been hassled by police.

Akshunhiro
    Post #31

QUOTE(PyrotiX @ Feb 22 2008, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1281955956[/snapback]

So there isn't any confusion, I've corrected it. Police are encouraging enthusiasts to come along to this arranged meet so that they aren't targeted by police.

Thanks. So do the police do anything or are they just there to chat with?

PyrotiX
    Post #32

QUOTE(Akshunhiro @ Feb 22 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]1281955960[/snapback]

Thanks. So do the police do anything or are they just there to chat with?

The first meet I saw the police there giving people the opportunity to check their speed versus the radar gun. That was certainly interesting and a lot of people got involved, this meet I think was more of a meet and greet with nothing major planned due to the late notice.

But I was told by one of the organizers that they will be watching the 'Toombul Ideas' thread for things to do in the next meet. If people get involved and post up their ideas, they will certainly take it into consideration.

Richie$$$rich
    Post #33

QUOTE(HSV @ Feb 22 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]1281954724[/snapback]

no hassle from the boys in blue? Perhaps time to jump off that cop bashing bandwagon huh?

uuummm let me think about that..............................................NO
    Dont rate the Blue team at all. tongue.gif

oldskool84
    Post #34

any pics the 31 next to police car?

someblackguy
    Post #35

positive friendly police presence at a street meet?

been happening on cb cruises for ages

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x