Bwcp Police Busts Suck  

Page 1 of 6
Jump to page
MYDNA
  • MYDNA
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 93,305
Post #1 post 12th January 2008 - 06:10 AM
im so lucky i got to the car park late cause my car aint the most legal car, as its not finished yet. Does any on know if there is a cance of it happening again next week, other wise i think it'll be safer for me to just stay and play NFS on the ps3. And does any one know roughly how many cars got done?

This post has been edited by MYDNA: Jan 12 2008, 06:17 AM
PIG208
Post #2

it happens randomly

MYDNA
Post #3

Would it be worth the risk goin down in a ride that isn't legal?

MRT78
Post #4

yes, for the street cred.

yo.

kurly_ni5m0
Post #5

Rofl its up to you. really any where you go is a risk. Just make sure the ninjas dont see you on the flip side.

Thats my random comment for the night.

Rookie ROX
Post #6

QUOTE(MYDNA @ Jan 13 2008, 12:45 AM) [snapback]1281807103[/snapback]

Would it be worth the risk goin down in a ride that isn't legal?

Only if you don't come on here whinging because you've got 13" of the State's finest up your ass and will be pissing away your monthly wage on defect fines.

ROCK ON
R~R

MYDNA
Post #7

yeah tru, and i guess you wouldnt be able to get street cred if the popo take ur ride from u

Rookie ROX
Post #8

Actually no, please post, I always enjoy a good laugh at people who take a blatantly defectable vehicle to the biggest hotspot that always has a police presence.

ROCK ON
R~R

RetardedMonkey
Post #9

Please don't post.
I hope this gets deleted.

MYDNA
Post #10

you cant really tell its illegal i wouldnt get pulled over drivin round and get checked over. i prob only get done if the cops are out in force like they were tonight, goin over everything that rolls on the road

ace_bowler2000
Post #11

drive an illigal car expect 2 get fucked up the ass simple

MYDNA
Post #12

i guess thats what u get when u buy a car 4 $1000, takes longer doin it up and gettin it legal then it does when u buy a $10 000 car

HSV
Post #13

QUOTE(MYDNA @ Jan 13 2008, 01:26 AM) [snapback]1281807153[/snapback]

i guess thats what u get when u buy a car 4 $1000, takes longer doin it up and gettin it legal then it does when u buy a $10 000 car

Not necessarily, I have a $1k 4wd/tow vehicle and its completely RWC and the only thing Ive had to do/am doing is replace the exhaust manifold. But as others have said, take a defectable car to a hotspot, expect to get raped.

70RNA
Post #14

Take the punt,that reason you have the car is to drive the car.If you see the boys in blue starting to sniff around then head off

nash
Post #15

The only reason people go down there is to see the done up cars, 99% of which are illegally modded in some way. It would be boring as fuck if everyone rocked up with their stock shitter's and forbies.

Makka
Post #16

Yeah mate we got done on Smith St on our way into Surfers. Got defected for being to low and ordered to get a DB test done. Since when have you had to have your car off the road by midnight. Now we have to clear the defects but were told by the Queensland transport that was with the cop we are not allowed to drive the car at all until all defects have been cleared. Since when?? It is a minor defect thought you still had 28 days tho clear.

They were just picking on everything last night. Once they finished we went to BWCP then it pissed down so we went to the spit and we got pulled over again. That would make it twice in less than half an hour.
We drove past the carpark and it was boxed in. So we decided to go home.
We were in a neat and tidy Blue S13. It is a little low, so we don't really have a problem with that, it was the comment made by the Queensland transport dick that pissed me off "you have a nice car so you can afford to pay for these", as they pass over a defect notice and a fine for to low.
Fair enough it is the risk we take modifying cars, but is there any need to be a D_ _ k head about it, i would also like to add the cop was pretty cool about the whole thing.

Did any1 else get done? rant2.gif

PSIcotik_Soarer
Post #17

We got a phone call about 2 mins before it was blocked off warning us, so we all jumped in our cars to leave. Half my mates got out and i was blocked by 1 cop car. I just reversed up infront of them, did u u turn and headed to the back exit. by the time i got there they were setting up there too. Just parked the car up and jumped in a mates ride that made it out. Went back at midnight when they had packed up and got in the car then. Wasnt worth the fines i would have copped. QLD transport were there with emissions tester.

BDWO6
Post #18

i was like the last car out b4 they shut it, soooo fucken lucky

PSIcotik_Soarer
Post #19

QUOTE(BDWO6 @ Jan 13 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]1281807458[/snapback]

i was like the last car out b4 they shut it, soooo fucken lucky

Yeah ya @#$!, i could see ya driving away when the cop pulled in infront of me!

People head to the M1, thats fucked now, The broadwater, Cops all over that now, Yatla and other industrial areas are alos hot spots.. Lets just take it to housing estates, Seems cops dont go there. Lets go piss off elderly people and rip big skids and drift there.....

The thing is cars are going to go somewhere and it is not going to stop. Lets take it to the neighborhoods and really give the boys in blue something to worry about. They may rethink locking down places like the broadwater then, where its away from households and contained in one area where the majority of people are well behaved (apart from cletus and his mates from ipswich)

ModelledBarbie
Post #20

why doesn't everyone just make there car legal? then the boys in blue can pull u over and have nutn on u which is gonna piss them off evenmore.

MRT78
Post #21

because it is very difficult to have a car that is legal because of the laws they come up with. anything with an exhaust is not legal.

slo202
Post #22

wot time did yall kruz down?? we must have been 2 early?

anx34
Post #23

legal car=no fun at all cops=who gives a shit i dont mind adding to their retirement fund once in a while for driving the car i want

BDWO6
Post #24

fuck having a stock car thats no fun haha just keep playing russian roulette with the law its great

B Unit
Post #25

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Jan 13 2008, 12:53 AM) [snapback]1281807113[/snapback]

Actually no, please post, I always enjoy a good laugh at people who take a blatantly defectable vehicle to the biggest hotspot that always has a police presence.

ROCK ON
R~R

bowrofl.gif So true Rookie.

HAB008
Post #26

They tried gettin me for my P plates they weren't 100% displayed and they were gonna give me a $150 ticket for them, wen they r tied on wit fishing line and cant come off.. wankers

floordweller
Post #27

people sound like they expected no cops to be around the coast on a saturday night bowrofl.gif

chuongie
Post #28

QUOTE(ModelledBarbie @ Jan 13 2008, 10:48 AM) [snapback]1281807525[/snapback]

why doesn't everyone just make there car legal? then the boys in blue can pull u over and have nutn on u which is gonna piss them off evenmore.

There is NO such thing as a legal car these days...
Unfortunately.

Even cars off the show room floor brand spankers can be defected.

vato_trucho
Post #29

if u go to the same place every single time of course cops are gonna be there knowing how easy it is to raise their revenue in one night. plain and simple u don't wanna get hassled by cops don't do the same thing every weekend making it predictable for them .

v8srchoice
Post #30

just make sure you got water in your washer bottle and for gods sake dont use it. haha.

it all comes down to your attitude towards them, well there are exceptions. i have (when i had my soarer) been pulled over so many times 'randomly' the good old 2pm rbts. as soon as the cop comes up, most of the time blokes. see what he wants, hell usually have a chat to see what ya doing. just have a chat with him like hes some random. they usually have a look at your car, most times are polite and give their oppinion. occasionnally they look at the engine, only once was looking for defects (but my mate was bein a fuckwit). in that instance, he tried to book me for my plate not being straight (was bent 5mm outwards) and his cop mate told him to pull his head in, even gave me some washers he randomly had, haha (perfect fix). i got out of that due to the week before, random rbt (genuine rbt, friday 2am) i spent 10minutes chatting to the officer about the car, the surf, random stuff.
talking to him like id talk to another bloke, not a aww fark da dogs attitude, got me out of a real picky defect, even on the defect night, we were over by my car, i was showin him my new exhaust, checkin out the interior and he was genuinely interested while his mate (defect bloke) went over ash's subaru.

my point, it all comes down to your initial attitude, hasnt anyone heard of first impressions count?
which i think is most of the problem with majority of little defects.

B Unit
Post #31

QUOTE(v8srchoice @ Jan 13 2008, 02:05 PM) [snapback]1281808117[/snapback]

my point, it all comes down to your initial attitude, hasnt anyone heard of first impressions count?
which i think is most of the problem with majority of little defects.

So true.....

I used to have an 83 hi rust (hilux) 4x4 with 5" lift kit, 35*12.5" MT tyres which stuck out over 2"out of the guards, worked and loud Holden V8, little bit of body rust, front rego plate missing, and spotties mounted on top of the custom bullbar so they were too high, just to name a few things lol.

Two cops pull me over for no apparent reason, young cop, old cop. Young cop starts going right over the car, picking it to bits, I knew what was illegal on it, so I was going to have to wear this one. Was going to send me over the pits, cancel my rego, all the shit. I stood there beside the older cop, having a chat with him, "nice weather we are having....." blah blah blah. Next thing the older cop grabs the younger cop and calls him over to the squad car where they proceed to have a chat. The young cop was fuming as he handed me a ticket for one point and $90 fine then headed back to his car. The older cop said it was nice to see how helpful I was and said that because I was willing to co-operate and not some young smart arse, he would let all the defects be passed over this time, but asked me to look into getting them fixed asap.

Maybe I got lucky that time, but I was pulled over for speeding in two occassions over 8 years in the same car, and both times the cops would start to have a quick look over the outside of the car, maybe mention getting some things looked at, then let me go. And to be honest, I had not done a thing to the car, it still had tyres sitting out by a mile out of the guards and all the other stuff.

spooner
Post #32

sounds like I didnt miss anything exciting. happy days hey

rXtubz
Post #33

QUOTE(MRT78 @ Jan 13 2008, 11:16 AM) [snapback]1281807594[/snapback]

because it is very difficult to have a car that is legal because of the laws they come up with. anything with an exhaust is not legal.

Well i have a 83 rx7 which is modded wit exhaust and everything else and is far from stock but i seem 2 get through everytime cause it all passes. So it just shows you can mod a car legally, And as for takin the risk its not worth it with all the new laws. Id rather keep my car then get it impounded

Darkness
Post #34

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Jan 13 2008, 12:23 AM) [snapback]1281807113[/snapback]

ROCK ON
R~R

Yes, where would we be without our daily dose of entertainment biggrin.gif

Jery, Jerry, Jerry.

HSV
Post #35

there is always cops at the coast BWCP why bother goin there these days? u r just asking to be done

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 6
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x