Toyota Aristo, Mitsubishi Legnum  

megamoose_69
  • megamoose_69
  • Standard User
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 67,797
Post #1 post 14th November 2007 - 12:58 PM
hey guys does anyone know anything about these 2 cars. i'm looking at buying one but i just want to here what they are like first
Tolez34
Post #2

go the aristo 2jz ftw!!!

bryceman9
Post #3

aristo is just a 4 door version of the supra, but are VERY hard to get in manual with the 3L TT 2jz

legnum is a station wagon AWD 2.5L TT and are fairly easy to get in manual

all depends what you are after

Granthem
Post #4

Legnums look mean.... mmmmm 2.5 litre v6 twin turbo

VXP51
Post #5

you want a wagon or sedan?

2j will outperform a 6A13 (?) with a few simple mods, and has more aftermarket support available in AUS. Mind you, the yanks go crazy for those engines and there is a pretty good market for parts over there.

The Pupat
Post #6

Get an Aristo. Good cars..

This One is for sale, it's a really good car and well worth the money.

someblackguy
Post #7

aristo

no contest. basically a 4 door supra.

close thread

slick089
Post #8

Legnum's go very hard, just a wagon version of a vr4, but still no contest for a 2jz . . .

RBNT
Post #9

Legnums are a bitch to work on and dont respond very well to modification. The 2J is a much better engine, and the Aristo is a much better car in all areas.

And I have one for sale.

But really, steer clear of the Mitsi.

Sorry to Misti lovers.

ARISTO ON 20's
Post #10

Get an Aristo! biggrin.gif

Raym
Post #11

Aristos are ALL automatics, unless converted. Only a small fraction of Legnums are manual too, most have the tiptronic.

Legnums are wagons, they're lighter, better on fuel. Aristos are heavier, use more fuel.

BADEZ
Post #12

basically what everyone else has said but to add

aristo = RWD drifto
legnum= AWD grip

slick089
Post #13

oh and HUGE bodyroll in legnums with stock suspension. But a nice spool with the stock turbos.

Darkness
Post #14

IPB Image

or

IPB Image

BADEZ
Post #15

^^^^^
not exactly fair un modded legnum vs modded aristo
u can get alot of very nice kits for the legnum and i happen to know legnums take very nicely to massive single turbos straped to the side of them
but with all imports u gotta find the right place to get them from
have had some mates get a import and have nothing but problems and some get them and i have no problems and the car goes like a bat out of hell

MYB16
Post #16

Get the Mitsubishi, something completely different. AWD, Turbo, space for the holidays.

I wouldnt mind getting one actually.

noremac82
Post #17

If your located in Qld - Go see Motorman imports 3679 Pacific Highway Slacks creek (located on the service road)

They have a Legnums in stock. Aristos, for what you pay, they are OLD for what you pay for. Legnums, most are late 90 models (ie 96 on wards) and they are alot more comfortable and alot more of a practical vehicle.

They come out both auto and manual, with your fancy options of leather interior and sunroof etc.

If i had the choice, i'd go the legnum, as i said, pop into motorman and have a look at the range they have. Basic mods yet soo effective and make the car stand out that little bit more to any other car on the street. Aristos are just the flavour of the month, they'll get old and be boring soon, were a legnum, easier to sell at the end as it can be a family car or a fun practical car

blacky83
Post #18

Aristos are a very nice car, sleeper look and can't go past a 2JZ engine. Although have to agree they're becoming the common thing. This mitsu looks like it has potential, can start your own trend.

ron180
Post #19

There was a Aristo and Legnum at Willowbank tonight! Think they both ran mid to high 14's. Legnum looks pretty cool but is hard to go past a 2J equipped vehicle.

megamoose_69
Post #20

thanks for the feed back guys. and yes to everyone the 2jz is hard to steer away from. but its hard to go past the practicallity and performance of the legnum. lol coming out of an mx-5 i like practicallity smile.gif

Samboi
Post #21

I would go the aristo. A friend was looking into trading in for a 18k legnum. I read some reviews on carsurvey.org Seems they are Shiet!

35NIK
Post #22

Aristo...

Lachlan_VLT
Post #23

that mitsu looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down aristo is the only option with these to 2jz reliability and performance,luxury anything else you need?

psi999
Post #24

Aristo, tonnes of parts here already (left over front cut parts) & plenty of local knowledge.

And thats not just because i'm selling mine wink.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

Ghetto Panda
Post #25

I'm kinda in the same position i wanna get a new car in the new year and i love the Aristo's but a wagon would be sweet. And the Legnum's can look pretty good especially the white one.

dysfunctional_73
Post #26

Go the 2J. Aristos are quite cheap for what they are.

hawks
Post #27

Proof enough ?

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x