Shuff's General Chat Thread ... #73 - Talk about anything and everything...  

Page 393 of 487
Jump to page
alpharx7
Post #13721

hmm i thought that i'd seen this footage posted previously but it's listed as being published on jan 15th.........

alpharx7
Post #13722

mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13723

1,000 HP 'Vicious' 1965 Ford Mustang - Jay Leno's Garage
Jay Leno's Garage

Published on Jan 16, 2017

Jason Pecikonis and his team at Timeless Kustoms spent 10,000 hours transforming a 1965 Ford Mustang coupe into a 1,000 horsepower Ford Mustang fastback that Jay can only describe as 'Vicious'.

alpharx7
Post #13724

alpharx7
Post #13725

Here's a walkthrough the traders stand at this years Summernats. thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13726

Tampa Florida – The driver of the legendary monster truck Grave Digger was injured at the annual Monster Jam show at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa this past weekend.

Dennis Anderson, who created the well known Grave Digger monster truck way back in 1981 and still drives the truck at many shows, was hurt pretty bad when the truck landed topsy turvy on an incline amid the execution Saturday. He was taken to a neighborhood hospital healing facility and treated, says the Monster Jam administration.

alpharx7
Post #13727

available

alpharx7
Post #13728

i'm glad they mention Assange in this article, but i wonder what his next excuse will be of why he doesn't walk out of the embassy and deal with the matter in Sweden. rolleyes.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-41...s-sentence.html

Obama commutes Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence to let solider who leaked military secrets out in May - but gives no hope of clemency to Edward Snowden

Obama ordered her release day to be moved up, the White House said, to bring her time served, more than six years, in line with comparable sentences
Manning won a battle in September to make the army pay for her gender reassignment surgery; she went by Bradley when she committed the crime
Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor who fled the country after he stole government secrets, neither applied for a pardon nor did he receive one
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange had challenged Obama to grant Manning clemency in exchange for extradition to the United States
It's unclear what case or charges Assange was referring to or whether he'll come to the United States, as promised

President Barack Obama is commuting the sentence of Chelsea Manning, an army intelligence analyst who shared classified documents with Wikileaks, on his way out out of the White House.

Manning, who went by the name Bradley at the time of the crime, was sentenced to 35 years in prison in August of 2013.

Obama ordered her release day to be moved up on Tuesday to May 17, 2017, cutting her jail time down to more than six years.

Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor who fled the country after he stole a tranche of classified documents and exposed government secrets, neither applied for a pardon, the White House said, nor did he proactively receive one.

He thanked Obama in a tweet on Tuesday afternoon for sparing Manning from a life in prison.

Manning, who went by the name Bradley at the time, was sentenced to 35 years in prison for her crimes. She'll get out in May

'In five more months, you will be free. Thank you for what you did for everyone, Chelsea. Stay strong a while longer!' he said in another tweet alongside a 2010 photo of Manning dressed as a woman.

Manning had applied for leniency through the Department of Justice. A favorable outcome seemed probable, given Manning's multiple suicide attempts and recent White House comments.

The president plans to give another round of criminals early release before his final day in office this Friday, the White House says.

They were cast as low-level drug offenders whose sentences would have been shorter if they were sent to jail now. He commuted 209 sentences today.

Asked about Snowden at his last press briefing on Tuesday, before the commutation notice went out, Obama's spokesman said, 'I cant rule anything in or out.' He noted then that Snowden had not filed paperwork to seek clemency from the administration.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange had challenged Obama to grant Manning clemency in exchange for extradition to the United States.

alpharx7
Post #13729

i'm sure it'll turn up somewhere else behind a bush or shrub. maybe at the bottom of a river, fingers crossed.

mamoru.gif

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/...3132575/?ref=hs

Where's Wall-E? Speed cam goes missing from motorway

The Sunshine Coast's Wall-E has gone walkabout.

THE trailer-mounted speed camera near the Mooloolaba Rd overpass was noticeably absent this morning, after almost a month on the Sunshine Motorway median strip.

Colloquially referred to as "Wall-Es" for their resemblance to the Disney-Pixar character, the speed cameras were introduced on Queensland roads in areas that are dangerous or difficult to get to for police officers.

With the trailer missing today from its last-known location, motorists have been left wondering where it will turn up next.

alpharx7
Post #13730

alpharx7
Post #13731

here's the next movie that 'ur kids will want to go see. tongue.gif

Slav
Post #13732

If someone tells you that an 86/BRZ is fast in a straight line, they are incorrect. If someone tells you the an 86/BRZ is fantastic in the corners/mountain back roads, they are also incorrect. Same goes for Fiesta St

alpharx7
Post #13733

QUOTE (Slav @ Jan 19 2017, 10:41 PM) *
If someone tells you that an 86/BRZ is fast in a straight line, they are incorrect. If someone tells you the an 86/BRZ is fantastic in the corners/mountain back roads, they are also incorrect. Same goes for Fiesta St

lol, ok i give, who do you know that told you such? mamoru.gif

Slav
Post #13734

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jan 20 2017, 12:00 AM) *
lol, ok i give, who do you know that told you such? :mamoru:

Did a Nebo run with a friend who bought a brand new MY17 BRZ and it was by no means lightning fast in the corners. Several reviewers on the inter webs have mentioned this. It may be different in the drivers seat but from where I was sitting (Mercedes), keeping up was no problem in a straight line and cornering

wolfman101
Post #13735

It's common knowledge, and one of the common misconceptions about the car. "it's slow in a straight line, but carves corners". No, it doesn't. It's garbage in the corners as well. In fact, it's specifically ENGINEERED to be garbage in the corners, and easy to drift. The car was praised for being "fun" and having "great feel"...that's not the same as good cornering speeds necessarily.

alpharx7
Post #13736

QUOTE (Slav @ Jan 20 2017, 07:21 AM) *
Did a Nebo run with a friend who bought a brand new MY17 BRZ and it was by no means lightning fast in the corners. Several reviewers on the inter webs have mentioned this. It may be different in the drivers seat but from where I was sitting (Mercedes), keeping up was no problem in a straight line and cornering

i'm thinking that your 'friend' has probably never been in a quick car that goes fast and corners. You should lead him next time and see if he can keep up. mamoru.gif

wolfman101
Post #13737

Oh hey also, so I am faced with a conundrum. A nice conundrum, but a conundrum none the less.
Brand new V12 Vantage S, or 10 year old SLR.

They are both the same price.
Vantage is marginally newer inside (both cars were launched about the same time, but obviously the Vantage has had the benefit of a couple of refreshes) and easier to park/live with.
SLR is faster, radder, rarer, but pretty dated on the inside.
This will, for a little while at least be my only car.

The SLR has been my favourite car in the world since I liked cars, and I'll undoubtedly get one eventually...even if just as an investment...so it's not like I'll miss out on it.

Just don't know if it's too hard to daily around the city, and I don't know if I can survive in a car here without heated seats...or a satnav!

alpharx7
Post #13738

just imagine if the same guy owned both cars, no wonder they're blurring out the faces........ rolleyes.gif

Dai.
Post #13739

QUOTE (Slav @ Jan 20 2017, 07:21 AM) *

Rofl, the Busa loves eating them lol.

Finalised a house purchase today, settled by April.

alpharx7
Post #13740

QUOTE (Dai. @ Jan 20 2017, 04:44 PM) *
Rofl, the Busa loves eating them lol.

Finalised a house purchase today, settled by April.

Nice. Local or interstate?

alpharx7
Post #13741

Trumps inauguration crowd, compared to Obama.

i think that it's fair to say a healthy majority of americans aren't particularly supportive of him...... mamoru.gif

who are we kidding, Obama's crowd probably had 3 million illegals attending.laugh.gif

Attached File  Trump_crowd.jpg ( 385.9K ) Number of downloads: 4

Dai.
Post #13742

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jan 21 2017, 11:07 AM) *
Nice. Local or interstate?

Local, the deal was too good to pass up and overall settled for $36,000 less than the original asking price..... Nothing wrong with it either.

alpharx7
Post #13743

seriously, how the fcuk does this sort of thing happen. head_wall.gif condolences to the family & friends of the man involved

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/br...86PS?li=AAgfYrC

Brisbane shooting: Actor dies after shot in chest during filming of music video 2/17

A Gold Coast man is dead after he was shot in the chest during the filming of a music video for Australian band Bliss n Eso in the Brisbane CBD.
Police were called to Eagle Lane about 2pm after reports shots were fired inside Brooklyn Standard, a basement bar.

Stuntman Johann Ofner, 28, was on set for the filming of Bliss n Eso's music video when he was fatally injured.

The film crew performed CPR on the man before emergency services arrived, Detective Inspector Tom Armitt told media outside the venue.

"Several firearms were discharged during a scene by several actors," he said.

"As result of the use of those firearms, one actor has received wounds to the chest and has subsequently died of those injuries.

"A number of firearms were being used during the scene, I can't tell you whether they were live or real firearms, the type of ammunition being used, that will be subject to the investigation.

"No other persons who were present were injured."

A statement from Mushroom Group, Bliss n Eso's management, confirmed the band was not on site at the time of the incident.

Police said the incident was believed to be accidental but was being treated as suspicious until proven otherwise.

Nearby office worker Carlo described the panic in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.

"We just saw all the police running in there and people from the film crew running out.

"They were just yelling for help and that. Just saying 'come in, come in, come in' to all the police and ambos.

"And then pretty much just watched it unfold and all the ambos and all that ran in there and then after that, about 20 minutes later, they all came out with all their machinery, defibs and all that. No one came out, no stretcher or anything."

wolfman101
Post #13744

How? Ask Brandon Lee I guess...

wolfman101
Post #13745

Also Miguel Ferrer died last week. Most people don't even know the name (though you'd know the face). Somehow that bothered me more than any other celebrity death recently.

alpharx7
Post #13746

that's sad, i loved this show.

'Allo 'Allo star Gorden Kaye - who played lovable cafe owner Rene - dies in care home aged 75

Actor Gorden Kaye, best known for his role in the BBC sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!, has died at the age of 75.

He passed away in a care home this morning, the star's former agent said.

Kaye had rarely been seen onscreen following the end of the long-running show which he returned to in 1990 after he was seriously injured in a serious car accident, in which he suffered serious head injuries, which took place during a storm.

The BBC series, which made light of the Nazi occupation of France, ran on BBC One from 1982 to 1992.

The comedy, written by David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd, became famous for the Germans' pursuit of an elusive painting called The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies.

The show also gave rise to catchphrases such as 'listen very carefully, I shall say this only once' from a sultry Resistance fighter, while a British agent who spoke poor French regularly used the greeting 'good moaning'.

Cast members included Carmen Silvera, who played Kaye's onscreen wife, who died in 2002 at the age of 80, and Richard Marner, who played Colonel Von Strohm, who passed away in 2004.

The hit television series spawned a successful stage tour from 1986, which also featured most of the sitcom's cast.

alpharx7
Post #13747

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jan 23 2017, 10:48 PM) *
Also Miguel Ferrer died last week. Most people don't even know the name (though you'd know the face). Somehow that bothered me more than any other celebrity death recently.

saw that, and knew who he was, although i haven't watch a lot of the show that he was in.

He's the type of guy who is instantly recognisable for his supporting roles. thumbsup.gif

wolfman101
Post #13748

Also he was George Clooney's cousin. Trivia.

alpharx7
Post #13749

one of my friends posted this on her fb feed, had to lol mamoru.gif

Attached File  Qualified.jpg ( 60.25K ) Number of downloads: 5

alpharx7
Post #13750

'merica biggrin.gif

alpharx7
Post #13751

alpharx7
Post #13752

thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13753

alpharx7
Post #13754

Guy Ritchie's now movie (producer)

alpharx7
Post #13755

never gets old mamoru.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 393 of 487
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x