Mark's Mitsubishi - Pajero Turbo V6  

Mark
  • Mark
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 274
Post #1 post 7th September 2007 - 06:21 PM
Engine: 3.0 24 valve 6G72 from a 98 Challenger (basically the same engine as a GTO/3000GT)

Exhaust: 3in mandrel bent system. I made all the manifolds myself. (1st time! Damn tough sad.gif )

Suspension: 2in lift with Pedders springs and gas shocks

Wheels: Standard mags with 31in tyres

Modifications:
Wiseco forged pistons
ARP rod bolts, head and main studs
Cometic MLS headgaskets
Ported heads
Fully balanced
Series 5 rx7 550cc injectors
Turbonetics T3/4
Trust external wastegate
Walbro 500hp fuel pump and a Sard type fuel reg
Big front mount intercooler
Turbosmart BOV
Button clutch (which dies way too quick!)
EMS engine management

Stereo Audio / Visual: Decent JVC head unit, 4 channel amp, 8inch 2-ways and a 12in sub.

Estimated Power: 343hp@wheels 1987N.M of torque!

Bit of a crazy car. The things holds its inside front wheel off the ground when you accelerate into a corner and it has lifted both fronts off the ground on a hard launch! Shocks a lot of cars as you could imagine smile.gif Still shocks me. I never expected it to go so hard. Still has more boost to go and more aggressive mapping to be done yet. Should easily make 400 rwhp when i can get a clutch to hold angry.gif

This post has been edited by Mark: Sep 8 2007, 05:28 PM

--------------------

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • Mr-RX
    Post #2

ohmy.gif

high rollin
    Post #3

FARK yeah man thats awsssummm. have fun with it.gl

CAPRI393
    Post #4

holy shit,thats unreal.you'd never pick it.

levinGT
    Post #5

fuck thats huge torque

Authority
    Post #6

She get wheel spin laugh.gif

Mark
    Post #7

Thanks guys. Yeah the torque is just mad! It launches so damn hard. I've had heaps of turbo cars but this thing is a wild ride!

It will wheel if done right, but mostly the clutch will spin first haha

MIT20
    Post #8

i'd love to see this thing roost up a beach...

SwiftT
    Post #9

pretty sure i saw this thing in the city one night, its a wepon

Luke
    Post #10

holy shit ohmy.gif

thats crazy eek.gif

Dori*mon
    Post #11

fuck that is crazy!

jiney
    Post #12

what a weapon!!

TB CUSTOMS
    Post #13

now thats somethink kewl gl man looks wicked and ur engine bay is sweeet

Rhade_MGF
    Post #14

Thats awesome, i love seeing unique cars.

kingy_06
    Post #15

must do some nice fishes up the beach followed by the blow of, very nice

JimsED
    Post #16

holy mofo GOT TORQUE!!!!! that would put most truck engines to shame

SIN61
    Post #17

QUOTE(JimsED @ Sep 8 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]1281413153[/snapback]

holy mofo GOT TORQUE!!!!! that would put most truck engines to shame

if this was done on a chassis dyno they are very accurate at reading torque so im thinking its quite less

either was fucking insane car mate drool.gif

Blake
    Post #18

a dude i know, hos brother has a maverick shorty with a turbo, i think he spent $$$$ to get it right, its got a BOV and all

Killy
    Post #19

that is niccccccceee. good work on doing something different! biggrin.gif

MYB16
    Post #20

QUOTE(Blake @ Sep 8 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]1281413217[/snapback]

a dude i know, hos brother has a maverick shorty with a turbo, i think he spent $$$$ to get it right, its got a BOV and all

Wow, a BOV...he must have spent up big!Q!

Awesome car my friend.

NismoGirl
    Post #21

EDIT: Stupid wrong login

HOON69
    Post #22

thats a cool pajero be sure to post pics in the link below.

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....045&st=2450

Viss3r
    Post #23

I want it.

lil_rolla_boy
    Post #24

man im scared of that aye
    nice work

ca18s13
    Post #25

that is damn insane only thing is, your number plate is on display lol,,,
    look in the dyno sheet..
    oh and is that sohc? ive seen the dohc conversion done to 2nd gen magnas this would be the same hey... i have studied some figures over sohc to dohc engines though and in most aspects the sohc versions of most engines have more torque... sweet ride i always knew of the ability of these engines im surprised u have done it, and well done

sharif_car_audio
    Post #26

QUOTE(Mark @ Sep 8 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]1281412864[/snapback]

Engine: 3.0 24 valve 6G72 from a 98 Challenger (basically the same engine as a GTO/3000GT)

Is this the SOHC or DOHC version? Was this a Non-Turbo motor in the beginning?

Also how do you get an engine to create such massive torque, while the horsepower is relatively low? As in I have seen 600HP cars only make about 700nm of torque.

I got a GTO /3000GT, Good to see these engines being put to good use.

I know these motors pull very hard but that torque is fucking unbelievable!

Very nice man and well done

Dan_Sando88
    Post #27

farking awesome man .. thats worth a quick lol .. haha

MR_NATTY
    Post #28

holly fuk i was tossing up to come and look coz i dont like pajeros. but man this thing is crazy good work, bet he spins up on the beach biggrin.gif

chappy1
    Post #29

u should enter some 4x4 comps, the ones where u race around a dirt and mud circut or even a uphill drag race, youd prob win some prices if its got that much power!

LSD
    Post #30

wicked 4by mate,looks like it would be a heap of fun on the beach

Also how do you get an engine to create such massive torque, while the horsepower is relatively low? As in I have seen 600HP cars only make about 700nm of torque.

was just wondering were u in low range when u had that thing on the dyno,its the only way u could get such high torque out of the car with a 3l turbo engine.

Walker-Designs
    Post #31

im pretty sure u supposed to divide the torque figure by the diff ratio or something but i dunno, nice ride would go f'n hard

EchoBoy
    Post #32

haha thats good shit dude!
    the would rip through the roads!

DODelaney
    Post #33

we have 1 of these but in 4 door
    and not that mad a motor set up

Mark
    Post #34

QUOTE(MIT20 @ Sep 8 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]1281412939[/snapback]

i'd love to see this thing roost up a beach...

Its crazy up the beach! All my poor mates have to stick to the existing tracks and low range in the hard stuff, but mine just climbs out and fires four fat rooster tails off the tires and flys! In a flash you're doing 150km's and shitting bricks haha.

QUOTE(SwiftT @ Sep 8 2007, 01:04 PM) [snapback]1281412956[/snapback]

pretty sure i saw this thing in the city one night, its a wepon

Yeah that was probably me smile.gif I'm actually yet to lose a race, although i'm sure something sweet will waste me soon! An R34 GTR tried unsuccessfully the other night haha.

QUOTE(SIN61 @ Sep 8 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]1281413187[/snapback]

if this was done on a chassis dyno they are very accurate at reading torque so im thinking its quite less
    either was fucking insane car mate drool.gif

It was done on Allstar Tuning's dyno at Geebung, which i'm sure plenty of people on this site have used for tuning and their dyno days. In my experience there i've found that their machine reads torque a little higher and hp a little lower than the usual Dyno Dynamics dynos. A highly modifed Winch Challenge 6.2lt 4x4 was on before me and made around 100N.M less torque. So mine definitely has some fat torque (which is evident by its performance on the road), but i think there must be some type of divider needed or something, not sure cause i known i Dyno Dynamics wouldn't read that high. Still i only ran it for a quick tune, the real results aren't the numbers, but how it compares to other fat machines!!

Mark
    Post #35

QUOTE(ca18s13 @ Sep 8 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1281413916[/snapback]

that is damn insane only thing is, your number plate is on display lol,,,
    look in the dyno sheet..
    oh and is that sohc? ive seen the dohc conversion done to 2nd gen magnas this would be the same hey... i have studied some figures over sohc to dohc engines though and in most aspects the sohc versions of most engines have more torque... sweet ride i always knew of the ability of these engines im surprised u have done it, and well done

Thanks man. Yeah i saw the number plate and couldn't be bothered haha, but fixed it now smile.gif
    This engine is still the SOHC but with 4 vavles per cylinder. The port sizes on this engine compared to the original '92 6G72 are about twice the size! i've been told they flow twice as much air as the 2-valve version so i had to have one! I turboed the original Paj motor with a Celica GT4 turbo but it died after about 30mins haha, so if i was going to do forged internals i thought 'd better get a better engine.
    QUOTE(sharif_car_audio @ Sep 8 2007, 07:39 PM) [snapback]1281413920[/snapback]

Is this the SOHC or DOHC version? Was this a Non-Turbo motor in the beginning?

I got a GTO /3000GT, Good to see these engines being put to good use.

I know these motors pull very hard but that torque is fucking unbelievable!

Very nice man and well done

The engine was a non turbo Challenger/Triton motor. Parts were fairly easy to source as most of the mods for the GTO/3000GT/Stealth fit straight in. The engine was built mostly by my mate Warren at WM Motorsport, with me sourcing most parts. He does some awesome engines out of there, i recommend him if anyone is looking for work!
    The torque and even the power surprised both of us as the tune is still relatively mild. I guess these engines have some fat potential! I've haven't really seen any of these engines modded except maybe that RPW magna in Western Australia that runs 11's. So it could be time to mod that GTO dude!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x