1967 Holden HR Holden - QLD: Brisbane  

rmx250
  • rmx250
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 249,530
Post #1 post 8th July 2013 - 06:15 PM
Engine: 186 supposed to be bored to 192 with small cam

Exhaust: sports now with pacemaker tri-y extractors.

Suspension: pedders lowered front, 1.5" blocks in rear

Wheels: 13x6 or 7 hustlers

Modifications: not much

Stereo Audio / Visual: pioneer mechless player,sony 6"speakers,kenwood monoblock amp and 12"sony sub.

Estimated Power: not much.

Here's my new car the corolla got reversed into by a truck so I bought this.It has a 186p block wich stands for performance they have a thicker cast wall and thats it.Supposed to be bored to 192 with a small cam maybe 25\65 and electronic dizzy and coil.Interior has been retrimmed in dark blue vinyl with light blue cloth inserts in front and back, door trims are the same vinyl and cloth and blue carpet, it also has a custom dash mat made from the same material as the cloth on the seats and edged in dark blue vinyl.Has x2 gauges fitted a retro sports steering wheel and aftermarket gauges.Outside it has been repainted in the original light blue with white roof in 2 pak paint wheel centers were also painted at the same time in 2 pak.Front suspension was lowered by pedders and rear was lowered with 1.5"blocks.It has 185\80\13 proper white walls (not paint on)from hacketts tyres.I've only had it about a 2 weeks and in that time I've had it lowered,fitted the sports steering wheel,had the white walls fitted and put the stereo in and also orderd the personalised plates and done a bit of polishing on the wheels I havn't polished the body yet it has only been washed.Enjoy :thumbsup:Some updated photos of my hr.Some more interior shots some engine shots,tidied up engine bay a bit put chrome tappet cover and a set of pacemaker tri-y extractors also had new top and bottom ball joints both sides and new front shocks.

This post has been edited by rmx250: Aug 11 2013, 05:22 PM
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden
1967 Holden Hr Holden

Comments

• Boost Network 14
  • Draven
    Post #2

Very nice!!! Love these!!!

EATU4T
    Post #3

Pure sex. But the steering wheel ruins it for me, needs an original white wheel then would be spoont worthy. Just my 2c

49ICS
    Post #4

That's pretty mint

blue fc
    Post #5

very nice hr. 186p is a standard block-the performance blocks were maked 186s (they had a186s badge on the bootlid)

BaNaNa-SpLiT
    Post #6

i know a gem when i see one tongue.gif

rmx250
    Post #7

Thanx for the comments.Blue fc the 186 motors that the engine numbers start with 186P are a performance block that have a thicker cast wall around the pistons completely different to the 186 S motors wich had 2 barrel carby different crank and 2 piece cast iron manifold.The 186P motors first came out in HT or HG I only know of these motors as I read about them in the original owners manual I had for my HG premier and it listed these motors as a performance block wich I also had in the prem.Also owned an original HR 186S prem about 30 years ago.cheers.

Ralli
    Post #8

Very nice

blue fc
    Post #9

QUOTE (rmx250 @ Jul 9 2013, 06:43 PM) *
    Thanx for the comments.Blue fc the 186 motors that the engine numbers start with 186P are a performance block that have a thicker cast wall around the pistons completely different to the 186 S motors wich had 2 barrel carby different crank and 2 piece cast iron manifold.The 186P motors first came out in HT or HG I only know of these motors as I read about them in the original owners manual I had for my HG premier and it listed these motors as a performance block wich I also had in the prem.Also owned an original HR 186S prem about 30 years ago.cheers.

sorry the p motor is a standard 186 in hk -g.(I have an original parts book here in front of me with decoder as well as 35 years working on old holdens )I also have all holden model owners manuals(fx-wb) and cant find the reference you are talking about.,im putting a hr x2 on the road for my daughters 1st car in a few weeks(she wishes it was as clean as yours.)

rmx250
    Post #10

I'm only going on what I read in a owners manual I had when I had my HG prem I'd never heard of them before either until I read it in the manual.I've always had old holdens until I had to many kids and had to get something bigger now my oldest daughter has her own car I could go back to having old cars.This is my third HR one of wich was painted the same as Peter Brocks mobil 05 Commodore also signed by him across the boot,bonnet,glove box lid and inside sunvisors.I used to do crash rescue at Bathurst, Amaroo and Oran park when they were open the car was painted as a joke to take to Bathurst one year.cheers.

krayziebenno
    Post #11

immaculate. love the wheels + whitewalls

steptoe
    Post #12

any more pics of interior, engine bay and boot? cheers mick

rmx250
    Post #13

Interior is the same front and back has no rips anywhere.I'm starting to tidy up engine bay this week it has chrome side plates and original air filter that has been chromed will be adding chrome tappet cover.tidying up wiring and painting some parts this weekend.Boot is pretty tidy pretty good vinyl mat no rust just needs a bit of a clean up as well.

rmx250
    Post #14

now with added photos of interior and engine bay

scott.r.keen139
    Post #15

Mate what a beautiful car. do you know the name of the original blue

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x