Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
WoodStok
  • WoodStok
  • The Member Formerly Known as SuperCamry
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 314
Post #1 post 11th October 2003 - 09:52 PM
um. is it just me, or are holdens claims about the new crewman (which looks like shit) totally stoopid or what? they say its the first australian 4 door ute. are hiluxes and tritons, to name only 2, not utes? both are built in australia and both have a 4 door version readily available. or is holden that stupid they just didnt put to much thought into the campain.

any thoughts or explanations?

cheers.

--------------------
1990 2.4 Turbo Diesel LN130 Hilux Surf - JDM as
6.5" Focal Splits - 12" Focal Sub - Eclipse CD8051 - Soundstream 4chan amp

Remember SuperCamry?
Mighty-3
Post #2

i'm with you man, don't understand that ad campaign at all...

S15_Clint
Post #3

stoopid holden, notice on the TV ad that the front moves forward to stretch it wacko.gif it aint 4wd how does this work lol

gtrchick00
Post #4

yeah i thought the same thing when i heard it, cos my next door negihbour has a 4door ute lol im like wtf blink.gif

SeNaToR
Post #5

i sat in one of these today at robina holden, no joke the back seat is practically verticle, its impossible to sit in the back and be comfortable, and the amount of leg room is very minimal, doesnt come with traction control aswell, personally i think its abit of a flop, ill post a pic of the back seat in madly styled cars..

Leppy
Post #6

QUOTE (nismoman18 @ Oct 11 2003, 09:55 PM)
stoopid holden, notice on the TV ad that the front moves forward to stretch it wacko.gif it aint 4wd how does this work lol

hahaha I reckon ay... shouldn't the space between the rear axle and the chains stretch?? not the front half

gtrchick00
Post #7

no dammit its on TV anything is possible on tv laugh.gif

SHERIF
Post #8

QUOTE (SeNaToR @ Oct 11 2003, 10:00 PM)
no joke the back seat is practically verticle, its impossible to sit in the back and be comfortable, and the amount of leg room is very minimal

yeah, you wouldnt want to be in the back for anymore than 5 mins at a time, its a joke how cramped they are, good one holden thumbsup.gif

punksnut
Post #9

the funny thing is, it shows that holdens havnt got much power, cant even pul the chains off laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

-rb-
Post #10

meh its a holden who cares

TurbostyleR
Post #11

hahaha what a pos!
i wouldnt even spit on that junker!

Paolo
Post #12

Possibility of the other utes not being Australian owned/built crossed your mind?

not sure if they aren't, just a suggestion! wink.gif

Madtrang
Post #13

Just another holden Junk Wagon.. Umm... Ute. tongue.gif

BoostedS15
Post #14

but but but its "holdens" first 4 door! and we all KNOW that holden are the only car company in OZ.......surely......

laugh.gif

clifford
Post #15

hmmmmmmmm, hilux and triton being japanese. this could have something to do with it?

Post #16

Yeah Hilux and Tritons are built in Japan, there are only a handful of Australian built cars

Ford have the falcon line here
Holden have the commodore line here
Mitsubishi build Magna's here
and Toyota build avalons and camry's here.

Thats it for australian built cars. So technically yeah it is australia's first 4door ute. They still stole the idea from Ford's R5 4door ute.

the red krawler
Post #17

Its about 500m long!
Far out its like they've just stuck a tray on a stock commodore in place of the boot.
They are absolutely MASSIVE.

Maybe boy racers could make use of them, but fark any tradesman who buys one will be regretting it the first time he tries and parks the bloody thing.

king of the concrete jungle
Post #18

It's because it's the FIRST all "Australian built" 4door ute. All the other utes ie. Triton, Courier & Bravo (same build line) Rodeo, Navara etc are all built overseas. Remember Holden made the first ute in the world altogether. Don't understand the reason behind the back seat issue tho because the cabin is made on the Statesman/Caprice build line, so I thought there should be ample cabin room. Oh well lets hope it gets improved in models to come. Still personally, I think it's a good idea tho. Especailly for families. I don't have a family but I know how handy my 4 door Rodeo is over my SS because of the tray. An extra seat and 2 doors is always handy for mates.

Post #19

QUOTE (king of the concrete jungle @ Oct 12 2003, 11:12 AM)
Remember Holden made the first ute in the world altogether.

Sorry to be picky, but Ford actually made the first ute in the world smile.gif some info here

SilverSZ
Post #20

yeah well with the intelligence of the ppl that made the add "yeah...put a chain on the back and, being driven by those rear wheels, it will stretch the front" what do you expect.....

clifford
Post #21

QUOTE (rst93 @ Oct 12 2003, 03:07 PM)
Sorry to be picky, but Ford actually made the first ute in the world smile.gif some info here

holden was makin all the bodys for all the yanks so i think hes right

the red krawler
Post #22

QUOTE (rst93 @ Oct 12 2003, 03:07 PM)

I think you'll find holden built the first tonner ute?
Its along those lines.
Ford built the first ute, holden built the first tonner ute (as opposed to styleside).
Some crap like that, I heard some bogans arguing over this a while ago smile.gif

WoodStok
Post #23

im pretty sure most hilux 4x2s are made in aus. and they come in a 4 door. ah well.

Post #24

QUOTE (SilverSZ @ Oct 12 2003, 03:20 PM)
yeah well with the intelligence of the ppl that made the add "yeah...put a chain on the back and, being driven by those rear wheels, it will stretch the front" what do you expect.....

Geez, listen to yourself mate..

Do you really think Holden - A CAR MANUFACTURER - doesn't know that the ute is a rear wheel drive?! OF COURSE they do.

What its called is good marketing! Holden advertise much better than their competitors and it most definitely helps their sales. Look at the caprice ad, the SS ute ad, the astra ad.. they are all pretty good ideas and ads you will remember (whether you like them or not). I see nothing wrong with the ad, who cares if its not 'technically right'!

The average tradesman/buyer is not going to care what bloody wheels the power goes through. Well of course they are going to care, but they aren't going to care about it being wrong on the TV ad!!!

Bottom line, its a tv ad, and as someone said before.. you can do what you want on tv. I say good on Holden for at least trying to come up with different ideas for car ads- instead of boring shit like 'can't get enough of this' etc. And I don't intend to just bag ford, its just the only ad catch line i can think of atm.

As for the Crewman, I won't really comment on it cos hey, i wouldn't buy one- i don't need one. Its an idea that will appeal to many people though.

SilverSZ
Post #25

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

you serious??

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

SilverSZ
Post #26

and there's no such thing as good marketing....it's all evil

edit: and if you've ever met somebody from the "marketing department" you'd probably realise they didn't even know it wasn't "right" until somebody else told them....they're not very well known for their common sense

cheez
Post #27

QUOTE (BoostedS15 @ Oct 12 2003, 07:28 AM)
but but but its "holdens" first 4 door! and we all KNOW that holden are the only car company in OZ.......surely......

laugh.gif

has anyone thought of the HOLDEN RODEO it come in 4 door

RalliSki
Post #28

its a wagon with no canopy (hence the tray) with a new name and badges...what else would you expect from holden....something new?? laugh.gif

cheez
Post #29

i saw that add for the new falcon ute.....its like a lifted 4x4 version of an xr6 ute what does everyone think??

Matt988
Post #30

yer i totally agree with ya thumbsup.gif

clifford
Post #31

lota dopes on here

WattsyLX
Post #32

Ford actually designed and built the first ute, long before Holden even existed.
It was designed so all the yank farmers could cart their shit around in, and then use it to take the kiddies to church on Sundays.
It didnt take off in the States though, but Holden based their ute on the sedan models (eg - FJ utes look like the sedans in the front) and developed the biggest ute market in the world right here in Oz.

As for the new ute, it's the first Aussie designed and built dual cab ute....... but we all know it sucks simply because it has a Holden badge on it.. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif dry.gif

Matt988
Post #33

QUOTE (WattsyLX @ Oct 12 2003, 09:03 PM)
but we all know it sucks simply because it has a Holden badge on it.. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif dry.gif

u dont like it coz its a holden....and yet ur car is a holden aswell huh.gif

SHERIF
Post #34

where holden gets off the first it's the first totally built here in OZ

WattsyLX
Post #35

QUOTE (Matt988 @ Oct 12 2003, 09:09 PM)
u dont like it coz its a holden....and yet ur car is a holden aswell huh.gif

Ohh dear.... laugh.gif

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif dry.gif generally indicates a hint of sarcasm. wink.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x