Ls1 Hg Premier  

drx77
  • drx77
  • Ahhh 2 rotahhh
  • Member No.: 91,407
Post #1 post 20th May 2008 - 11:51 PM
Fellas,

Cheering, my 2 year project is finally on the road...

Its a 1971 HG Holden Premier Wagon with a ls1 conversion in it...

It is a ground up rebuild with literally every nut and bolt replaced...

BIG 4 wheel hsv disk brakes
BIG Diff
2002 HSV Grange LS1
All the sexy go fast gear...

The computer got flash tuned with a 300kw tune (apparently), but it runs ok, splatters and backfires with any more than half throttle, but you can still tell that it wants to move... goes harder than the series 8 even with a crap tune!

Keep an eye out for it and give me a holla... its the gold hg prem wagon with the 18in gold hsv grange rims dropped on its ass hsdance.gif

--------------------
LS1 powered 1971 HG Holden Premier Wagon For Sale (Offers over 20g's)======> pm for details
Guaranteed foreskin peeling acceleration...
Ghetto Panda
Post #2

Pics?

drx77
Post #3

QUOTE(Ghetto Panda @ May 21 2008, 05:54 PM) [snapback]1282358064[/snapback]

Pics?

Sorry, dont know how to add pics...

Look at my facebook in my album

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=659984013

SUSPCT
Post #4

can any one open his face book and post pics? cant view it?

57OMPA
Post #5

here are the pics. Looks hot man well done

65mpr
Post #6

magic wagon man , love the old skool

PIG208
Post #7

I've seen this in the flesh and it is a sweet sweet ride.

Get those steelies and whitewalls man

pop_corn
Post #8

looks awesome.

drx77
Post #9

QUOTE(PIG208 @ Jun 17 2008, 10:25 PM) [snapback]1282488290[/snapback]

I've seen this in the flesh and it is a sweet sweet ride.

Get those steelies and whitewalls man

I originally wanted to make it a sleeper, but I think the exhausts and wheels throw that idea down the toilet...

Its a scary ride! Shitloads quicker than the mazda, just turning the thing is a problem hsdance.gif

warney
Post #10

QUOTE(drx77 @ Jun 19 2008, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1282499608[/snapback]

I originally wanted to make it a sleeper, but I think the exhausts and wheels throw that idea down the toilet...

Its a scary ride! Shitloads quicker than the mazda, just turning the thing is a problem hsdance.gif

plug problem ?????

drx77
Post #11

QUOTE(warney @ Jun 20 2008, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1282504402[/snapback]

plug problem ?????

I got it re-tuned with new plugs, and it revs smooth as.
Problem solved.

Boony405hp
Post #12

Definently a bit different from the rx7, would be a sweet bit of kit. How is the driveability and brakes on it. I am looking at doing the same sort of conversion in my charger but with the new hemi not the ls1 of course.

drx77
Post #13

QUOTE(Boony405hp @ Jun 29 2008, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1282542604[/snapback]

Definently a bit different from the rx7, would be a sweet bit of kit. How is the driveability and brakes on it. I am looking at doing the same sort of conversion in my charger but with the new hemi not the ls1 of course.

Im used to driving the mazda, it doesnt really come close to comparing in the steering department...

Front brakes are the big hsv grange brakes, rears are just a slotted commodore setup... Brakes are surprisingly good... not quite as good as the mazda, but still pretty good.

The front end is a custom kit from castlemaine rod shop down in melbourne... when I first got the car back, it was friggin tight as f*&^ and jolty (felt absolutely horrible!), but now it has loosened up and feels pretty nice... Once again I'm used to the mazda, thus it probably is better than what I make it out to be...

Its a pretty scary ride, and I have to restrain myself from opening her up until I get used to the handling and braking, as I reckon with this setup, it would have a top speed of 250+, and that would be nuts!

Good luck with your conversion! It's worth it when its finished! thumbsup.gif

????????
Post #14

At least he's got something that might look as if it goes fast. That series 8 is all show, my mate shut him down last weekend in a midly tuned XR6 Turbo.

Nice wing rice boy, does it add more fully sick downforce yo?

drx77
Post #15

QUOTE(???????? @ Jul 7 2008, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1282576948[/snapback]

At least he's got something that might look as if it goes fast. That series 8 is all show, my mate shut him down last weekend in a midly tuned XR6 Turbo.

Nice wing rice boy, does it add more fully sick downforce yo?

excuse me?

I think you have me mistken... i havnt raced an xr6 lately...

I need to meet this guy... looks like he needs a few boost cruising axe kicks to the throat.

The wing/ kit is an RE Amemiya job straight from Japan which I bought like that yo... the kit alone would cost more than your car hectik.

Definitively up for some poof bashing this weekend, and you have made the top of my list.

p.s. last weekend was wet... Mazda doesnt get driven hard when its raining, so I know your spinning shit.

011ENS
Post #16

This just goes to show, even people who have wankels can have some taste after all laugh.gif

Very tidy car dude, nice conversion...love it!

drx77
Post #17

QUOTE(011ENS @ Sep 25 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]1282923027[/snapback]

This just goes to show, even people who have wankels can have some taste after all laugh.gif

Very tidy car dude, nice conversion...love it!

lol, they are a bit like chalk and cheese, but I love them both...

drx77
Post #18

The HG is now 4 sale!

If you want to do a similar project, and want to save half the price, buy this one... no expenses spared, only the best parts used!!! Havent even done 5000kms...

Offers over 20 schmackies will be considered (It owes me nearly triple that!!!!)

pm for details...

No time wasting test drives unless your serious squint.gif

Hoon
Post #19

awww maaannn....it looks so nice. Why sell?

drx77
Post #20

QUOTE(Hoon @ Mar 30 2009, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1283820463[/snapback]

awww maaannn....it looks so nice. Why sell?

Off the record: I am going to kill myself in it if I keep it...

Officially: I want to buy another house, and 2 regos, insurances and a mortgage etc is killing me...

It was my first car (owned it when it had the leaking 186 and slipping trimatic in it), so it will be sad to see it go sad.gif

clutch-monkey
Post #21

QUOTE(drx77 @ Mar 28 2009, 02:47 PM) [snapback]1283810416[/snapback]

No time wasting test drives unless your serious squint.gif

foiled! fuck.

ph34r.gif

drx77
Post #22

bump... still 4 sale guys, could use some extra cash 4 a property... gets driven once a week if lucky :'(

SUSPCT
Post #23

what price is it?

drx77
Post #24

QUOTE (SUSPCT @ Dec 23 2009, 07:15 PM) *
what price is it?

Havent added up the receipts, but I know 4 sure it owes me well over 50k...

It is insured for $27500...

Make an offer...all offers seriously considered...

Jinxed
Post #25

Thats sweet. Nice ride..

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x